[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is masculinity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
I feel like there is no test of masculinity anymore. No right of passage. I have a penis and attracted to women. Is that the deepest extent of masculinity?

Like what does it even mean to be a man? I have asked many people my age and no one has a profound answer. Now I know why rites of passage were a thing in the past.

What is masculinity? Is learned or ingrained?
>>
masculinity = large bones
>>
It doesn't matter. Worry about something else.
>>
>>17407078

the rites of passage are a thing of the past becuase they were shown to be irrelevant. a rite of passage often ended with the man walking away wondering if the test was worth it, seemingly too easy, still feleing exactly the same way they did the previous day when they were still 'a boy'.

the idea is that a rite of passage proves that you have already become a man, but as beings who live in the moment we only appreciate whats in front of us. and passing a test feels hollow when you walk out feeling the same.

take any 'birthday' episode of television where a character doesn't feel any better now that they are thirteen. they still feel like a kid.

masculinity, like growing, is an ongoing experience. having a single objective test of masculinity is dumb because each culture had very different tests and ideas of what masculinity it.

we live in an age where we can define ourselves, but you are asking for something to live up to.

perhaps the only way to ever have been a real man is to do what you want in the most noble way you can imagine.
>>
it feels like you're putting too much importance to it. it's not like it's some secret club with a rite of passage or something. Not only it's something that varies for every culture, it's more like, a personal thing. To me, for example, self confidence is a sign of masculinity, but that doesn't mean a woman with self confidence is unattractive

Are you a man? Then stop caring about what other people define as "manly", otherwise you're just a weakling trying to fit in
>>
Masculinity is getting big and never eating women out
>>
>>17407114
Eating women out gives you throat cancer.
>>
>>17407121
Even worse, it makes you a cuck
>>
What makes a man, is it the woman in his arms, just 'cause she has big titties?
Or is it the way that he fights everyday?
No, it's probably the titties
NOW YOU'RE A MAN
A MAN MAN MAN
>>
>>17407126
have fun never getting head without payment
>>
>>17407078

Fulfillment for a man comes from discovering what he was born to do, and doing it. Nature has given every man a mission. A man becomes a man when he finally believes in himself, and doesn't put any man or woman above him. These men don't need women, except to help them fulfill their mission. They are the real men real women want.

I like this woman's perspective on things...

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2009/07/why-we-must-discriminate/
>>
I feel like people deduct man points from men all the time for arbitrary things.

For example, I am a guy and I can't drive. Women think a dude who can't drive is the most unmasculine shit ever. What the fuck?
>>
>>17407136
I found a nice woman at my Orthodox church who still believes in traditional values like never receiving an orgasm from a man.

Guess the joke's on you.
>>
>>17407145
sure. stop roleplaying on an advice board
>>
The only way for things to change is for men to begin boycotting women who hold "progressive" values.
>>
Masculine energy is freedom pointed as a spear. It's direct, open, flows from one point to another, objective. This kind of energy resembles a river, contained but strong, fierce in it's direction towards the ocean.

Feminine is love, it's an ocean of power, flows everywhere with no certain direction or need for it, it can't be held, it can't be controlled. It bred life, but it also takes it.

Masculine and Feminine energies exist both on man and woman, but usually one of them is predominant in a person.
Masculity is freedom my friend. Have you ever felt so free that you no longer needs to seek freedom? Have you built up an empire that ensures and enpowers your own freedom?...

Well, my friend, the only completely free man I could ever idealize were the ones that died. Have you died yet? I guess you can be more masculine, experience more of it.

Ps-> A good book to read on what I said: The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida; or Dear Lover (directed at more feminine people), same author.
>>
>>17407078
>what does it even mean to be a man?

To live, lead and die. You're placing too much importance on the shit between your legs and silly rituals.

Tell me you're a tough man when you die an undignified death. You people want glory where it is unnecessary.
>>
>>17407078
Masculinity is power. Find healthy ways to exercise it, or you'll be sad fuck like most of this website
>>
>>17407204
That is stupid and you should feel ashamed.
>>
For the most part it's ingrained and correlated to testosterone.
>>
File: beserk2.jpg (85KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
beserk2.jpg
85KB, 600x849px
You could read Way of Men. But if you ask 100 different guys you will get 100 different answers. For instance if you ask a guy that is really into lifting weights he will tell you that a man is a guy who is physically strong and lifts weights. This type of guy also lifts to try to prove and exercise his masculinity. If you ask a guy that is constantly chasing tail he will tell you that a man is someone who pulls a lot of bitches and constantly gets laid. If you talk ato a guy that is all about his money he will tell you in order to be a man you have to make alot of money and have financial power. Really there is no right answer.

Obviously there are traits that are more masculine than others. In my opinion masculinity is ingrained into straight men from birth to an extent but it also really helps to have a positive masculine role model. That's why you see so many boys raised by single mothers grow up to be fuck ups. Masculinity has been demonized by feminists people globally. Men as a gender and a whole are less manly than they were 100 years ago. Mother's scold their boys for having sexual desires and tell them to be a nice guy. Sadly that's not how life works. Nice guys get shit on by women, and often live sad fucked up lives. My invitation to you would be to read two books that may help you. Read No More Mr. Nice Guy and Way of Men.
>>
You could make small talk of getting some poon while away on shore leave.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.