[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr wife wants to get pregnant but I'm planning on killing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 1463918016088.jpg (242KB, 1024x1279px)
1463918016088.jpg
242KB, 1024x1279px
tl;dr wife wants to get pregnant but I'm planning on killing myself in 4 months. Should I knock her up to insure she doesn't kill herself when I kill myself?

>have life insurance policy
>suicide clause on policy will expire in 4 months
>this will mean that in 4 months I can kill myself in a blatant suicide and my wife will still receive the payout
>originally took the policy out as a "just in case" but it's been 9 months and I'm even more sure I'll kill myself so I'm certain to go through with it
>my biggest fear is my wife will kill herself immediately after losing me

>wife has been wanting to start a family for a while but studying/work/travel has always intervened
>we're 26 now, she's very keen to try and get pregnant
>she's also a depressant like me but has recovered exceptionally well
>though in the past she has said stuff like "if you died I'd kill myself" quite seriously
>I know she wouldn't dare doing it if she were pregnant and it would basically guarantee she lives her life after I die
>I know with time she would get over me and go on to live an amazing life which she deserves

I appreciate that this is a dick move, but I can't help and consider it. There would be a huge risk of her killing herself after I died, and it would just be a waste of such a beautiful person like her but I'm absolutely certain she wouldn't kill herself if she were pregnant/had our child.

I don't know. I'm just so desperate for her to get through this, because I know in a couple of years time she'll be fine. I don't care if she's mad at me, or hates me, or that I'm forever portrayed as this horrible human being (because I would be for doing this), I just want her to live, she has such a great life ahead of her after this pain.
>>
Knock her up, it could change how much you think about suicide if you have a kid on the way, but wait more than 4 months, and atleast talk to ur girl about it ya know
>>
>>17406564
Talk to someone and get help op. Shit seems bad currently, but it can get better.
>>
File: 1469740506077.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469740506077.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>17406564
you literally want to get someone pregnant and then leave her on her own and pussy out. congratulations.
>>
Don't do it buddy. I'm 24 and I'd love to have a girl and have an opportunity to knock her up and have a family. I've had a girl formed before by it never worked out. My dream is to have a healthy family with a woman I love. There is so much more to life and you'd crush that woman and leave your child without a father figure. Think about how bad you'd hurt the woman who has been there for you and loves you. Think about your child growing up without a father or worst growing up with a shitty step father who doesn't like them. Knock her up and start a family with her, but for god's sake don't kill yourself man. If for nothing else do it for me. There are guys like me who would kill to be in your position. Count your blessings and be grateful.
>>
>>17406596
I'm just as upset as you are. There's nothing as absolutely reprehensible as forcing someone to suffer out of your own self interest.

Reproducing should be a crime.
>>
>>17406588
>>17406577
Appreciate the replies and dubs. I don't want to be a negative nancy but it's been 10 years. It's not getting better for myself. I've told myself for years that it'll get better, it just isn't sadly. I wish it was.

I was tempted to seek professional help but the suicide clause on my policy is pretty strict and I've worked hard to keep it in tact so the payout remains when I die. Unfortunately any treatment or seeking help for depression automatically voids it (or at least gives the insurance company rights to contest the payout).

>>17406596
I appreciate this is a dick move. I'm killing myself, I think we've established I'm a pussy.
>>
>>17406605
Seriously mate, 2 sets of.dubs can't be wrong. I also have depression, also have a wife and also a kid. No reason, just plain old clinical depression. Been taking meds and ita a shitload better. Can enjoy the things I used to enjoy again.
>>
>>17406602
>Think about how bad you'd hurt the woman who has been there for you and loves you
It breaks my heart. Honestly, it does. And if I didn't think she'd be okay then I wouldn't go through with it. But I know in a few years time she'll have recovered.

I know it seems like I'm taking it for granted. I promise you, I'm not. I don't know, I guess going by my logic I'd rather die before the child is born than after they've gotten to know me.

>>17406611
What's with all the dubs? I think my biggest fear is that I don't get better after the birth. I don't want to have a kid to try and cure me, and it makes me sick thinking about doing it while I have a child who could comprehend me dying.

I've had like 14 years of "It'll get better after...", but it never has. But if the kid is born and it doesn't get better, that's me committed to another 60+ years of torture.
>>
>>17406627
>What's with all the dubs? I think my biggest fear is that I don't get better after the birth. I don't want to have a kid to try and cure me, and it makes me sick thinking about doing it while I have a child who could comprehend me dying.

Both times I've told you to get help I've gotten dubs. That's telling you something. The meds make a big difference, but the kid honestly helps. It's a pretty special thing, I think you'd be making a big mistake to throw away a life with so much promise.
>>
Wait until a few months after the baby is born. She's going to be sleep-deprived and will need all the help with the baby she can get. Things are going to be much worse for her if she's tired, overwhelmed, AND mourning.

Just saying, I wanted to kill myself for a long time, but having a baby mostly eliminated the desire. It might help you, too. Even if it doesn't, you should stick around to help her for a little while. Babies are a lot of work.
>>
>>17406633
>dubs again
>>
>>17406633
Are you some kind of wizard? I can get meds no problem without seeking out another doctor. I was tempted to give them a go in these last few months but the side effects obviously orgasms harder, kind of conflicting if I was trying to knock her up. I'm not even kidding when I say I'll give them a go now. Was just scared she'll find them and assume the worst.

>>17406640
That's actually a pretty good point. Postpartum could be disastrous especially if she was mourning. I didn't even think of that ffs
>>
>>17406605
Do you think the life insurance policy is that important to your girlfriend? Is she such a whore that a measly sum of money would be more important to her than your surviving?

Man the fuck up and get professional help. I'm like you, I want to kill myself every fucking day, but I don't do it because I love the people in my life and I know killing myself would crush them. If you absolutely must, at least break up with her and don't see her for 10 years before doing it, so it doesn't sting. That way she could also meet a man who would actually stick around and have her first child with him instead of someone who killed themselves. A cousin of mine had a baby with a man who killed himself right after she got pregnant, it ruined her and her family.
>>
>>17406665
>Are you some kind of wizard?

I try my best to help those in need of my powers. If you can get the drugs, please try them. I'm on pristiq. Orgasm is slightly harder, nowhere near as bad as some say. Will take at least a few weeks to feel better. I wish I had some way to.contact you off here to help you out.
>>
>>17406666
Fucking dubs and quads against me man.

>Do you think the life insurance policy is that important to your girlfriend?
No, I guess not. Honestly we're financially stable at the moment. But I figure it would help her grieve since she wouldn't have to worry about bills or taking time off work.

>That way she could also meet a man who would actually stick around and have her first child with him instead of someone who killed themselves
She wouldn't struggle to find someone else after me. The girl is gorgeous and insanely nice. I know there's no way I could last that long.

>A cousin of mine had a baby with a man who killed himself right after she got pregnant, it ruined her and her family.
Did she move on? Or was the child more affected?
>>
>Should I knock her up to insure she doesn't kill herself when I kill myself?
>Should I leave my wife to raise our child alone?
>and make it harder for her to find a new husband when I'm gone?
>>
>>17406678
Also what if she kills herself anyway now your child is an orphan?
>>
>>17406673
I think I'll leave this thread and pretend people as disgusting as yourself do not exist.
>>
>>17406672
>Will take at least a few weeks to feel better.
I've tried a lot of things besides drugs due to the problems they'd cause with insurance claims. I've sort have had this plan for a while and never wanted to really seek help. But I'm in a place where I can get them without having it recorded.

>I wish I had some way to.contact you off here to help you out.
I think most people in this thread have managed to point out how fucking stupid my plan is. I'm trying my best to avoid it, and I guess I knew if I was serious I'd have to take meds eventually, but suicide feels like it's inevitable now. I know in all likeliness morality will get the best of me and I'll avoid knocking her up before I do it.

I do appreciate your help though. Means more than you know.
>>
>>17406665
You really should stick around to take care of your child. She might be able to do it alone, but even with life insurance money, you're going to be putting your family through unnecessary hardship.

Hell, just imagine the complex you could end up giving your child. "My father didn't love me enough to stay." I can almost guarantee that thought will pop into his/her head from time to time, even if they try to rationalize your decision.

I know you're hurt, but don't pass that hurt on.

Plus, watching a child grow up is amazing. I'm proud of my boy every day. He turns a year old in about a week.
>>
>>17406688
Haven't you considered that raising your kid to be an outstanding human being is reason enough to live on?
>>
>>17406681
>Also what if she kills herself anyway now your child is an orphan?
A fear of mine, but I'm almost certain it won't happen.

If she were to do it, it would be immediately, or shortly after I died. She'd still be pregnant then. I know her, I know she would start to heal after a few months, and recover after a few years. I just need to insure she stays alive for those few months after, and I think she'd be far less likely to do it if she were pregnant.

If she does, the child will still be an embryo. But if it's worth anything I consider the odds of her doing that to be very, very low.
>>
>>17406611
You don't "have" depression, you "are" depressed. Very different meanings.
>>
I've never heard a good review from a suicide victim, I wouldn't do it if I were you.
>>
File: image.png (270KB, 416x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
270KB, 416x636px
>>17406633
OP, jokes aside, the third set of dubs is 3's.

This is surely a sign please hang in there
>>
I'll just put this away as a stupid thought. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>17406725
Looks like I can't delete the thread. Heading to bed, but thanks if you replied. In my head it seemed like a flawless idea that I had been keeping to myself for months, kind of glad I at least had it shot down here.
>>
>>17406734
Hang in there, op.
>>
>>17406605
>keep wife for years thinking she'll have a happy family
>kill yourself
>either leave her as a 26 year old with no kids who'll probably take a year or so to even get back into the dating game, almost destroying her chances of ever getting a child
or
>leave her alone with a child, a child who'll have to grow up without a father

Either way, her life will suck like hell.
You should hang in there bud. You got through 26 years and your life doesn't seem half bad.
>>
>>17406673
Being saddled with a kid will decrease her chances. No question.

>Did she move on? Or was the child more affected?

They're both fucked up.

Another thing: stress on a pregnant woman can adversely affect the fetus. It can affect her ability to bond with the child. You're being fucking sadistic for considering this, cut it out.
>>
She might have a reason to live for, but there's downsides. Post partum depression has been mentioned (and given her history with depression...) but what do you think the effect of such a complete and utter heartbreak will be on the fetus? Stress is extremely detrimental to the development of the child.

It will also be much more difficult for her to find another partner as a single mother.
>>
>>17406740
Not that I'm entertaining OP's ridiculous logic, but at 27 her chances of ever having a child would not be destroyed. Plenty of people meet their partners in their 30s. I know two women who had babies in their 40s in my family recently. One was 48. Being a single mother would damage her much, much more.
>>
>>17406627
>It breaks my heart. Honestly, it does. And if I didn't think she'd be okay then I wouldn't go through with it. But I know in a few years time she'll have recovered.

That's not true. Having your romantic partner commit suicide can be extremely traumatic and the fact that she will be profiting from it will make her feel excruciating guilt. She will carry that burden for the rest of her life.
>>
>>17406564
>tl;dr wife wants to get pregnant but I'm planning on killing myself in 4 months. Should I knock her up to insure she doesn't kill herself when I kill myself?
Talk with her about it. See what she says. This is one of those decisions that needs ro be made together, with all the information out on the table.
>>
holy shit OP are you retarded? you must be. you say you love this woman, but you think giving her a kid will make things better? you will ruin her life and that baby.

first off, dont impregnate her. shes depressed and so are you. thats just a bad mix for a baby you selfish scumbag.

secondly, if you do get her preg, kill yourself and she has the kid, she will most likely develop postpartum depression. if she doesnt start to get it in the hospital, then she will after taking care of an infant for a few days. lack of sleep or even sleeping while baby sleeps still fucks with your head.

third, no child should be raised with just one parent. i grew up with only a mom and that shit still fucks with me.

if youre gonna kill yourself then do it. dont bring her or a baby down with you asshole.
>>
>>17406627
>What's with all the dubs?
The universe is speaking to you. Obey the dubs.

>I don't want to have a kid to try and cure me
But you expect a kid to cure your wife?

>I've had like 14 years of "It'll get better after..."
Have you actually sought treatment at any point?
>>
>>17406664

DOUBLE dubs, with the first dub being double the value of the second dub.
>>
>>17406734
>>17406725

Just reading through the thread now and you may never see this, but I'm really relieved, and proud of you for being able to accept this. I really hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
>>17406564

Don't have a child. He'll probably be a loser like you or he'll laugh because of how a fucking faggot you are.

What is suicide even for? Are you in such physical pain in every moment of your life that you want to get over with? Were you in an accident and now you depend on devices to live and you are stuck in a bed, why?

You are doing worse if you are making that child.

Break-up with her if you are such a suicidal fuck. Let her find a man.

I hate suicidal people, makes my skin crawl. Only if you have a bad health condition and can't continue anymore, then it is acceptable.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 312x240px)
image.jpg
62KB, 312x240px
>>17406564
Enough with the pity parties. If you really loved your wife you wouldn't do it.

Fact is, you're a selfish dick who cares more about himself than his wife.
>boohoo meh depression

Suck it up and take the route to therapy and get antidepressants. Don't ruin your wife's life and create a fatherless child to keep her alive because it's not really because you want her to live. You want to end it all with some clear conscience that you saved your wife's life while in reality you are fucking her over in order not to feel guilty when you die.

Fact is, you don't know what will happen to her so don't think giving your wife a creampie will make it all better. Own up, get help, or just do it and admit you're a selfish prick.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (132KB, 900x1344px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
132KB, 900x1344px
>>17406603
>>
It's just brain chemistry. Knock her up for sure, but stick around and see the kid at least, if it's been 10 years another 9 months won't hurt. It's not like anything great is going to happen when you die, so you might as well hang out for a while even if nothing comes of it.

You don't owe it to anyone to stay, but you're not going to get any relief from killing yourself either. You'll just stop existing. In my opinion you might as well exist until it stops on its own, do whatever you want in the meantime.
>>
Also she could lose the baby if you don't wait until it's born. My advice is just be a miserable piece of shit for like 5 more years, at least see your 30s, then if you want to leave you'll be old enough to make an informed decision.
>>
>>17406711
I know what the difference is. I have a good life, with nothing to be sad about, but could never be happy or enjoy things. Since I was 18 or so probably, now 31. Clinical depression is something you can have.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.