[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loving a troll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: trollface_by_deniskapwnz.png (861KB, 5000x4068px) Image search: [Google]
trollface_by_deniskapwnz.png
861KB, 5000x4068px
Hey there, /adv/. I don't come around here often, but I recently started dating a guy. He's quiet but a great listener, he cooks dinner every night, he surprises me with lunch or coffee at work, just really most everything I could want from a partner.

But he's an internet troll. He brags about how much he enjoys posting pro-Trump stuff on his twitter and facebook just to watch people get upset. He takes extreme joy in shitposting all over 4chan and reddit.

I've tried to tell him that I don't find this attractive but he insists that it doesn't affect me and makes sure it stays contained to his own feed. But I routinely get mutual friends coming up to me, asking what's the deal with my boyfriend, did I see what he posted, did I see his last tirade, etc. We're finding ourselves blackballed from a lot of social events because no one wants the shitposting troll there, but he insists that people who can't distinguish the real world from the internet aren't worth our time anyway.

Is there any hope for loving a troll? Am I overreacting by getting upset? Or is this something I should press harder to correct?
>>
>>17406488
>Is there any hope for loving a troll? Am I overreacting by getting upset? Or is this something I should press harder to correct?

Overreacting. Shitposting is fantastic. Don't try to mold people to conform to what you want, that's manipulative and actually classified as spousal abuse.
>>
>>17406493

I suppose you're right. Shitposting is just something I've never done or really understand.
>>
>>17406488
If you can't handle his online persona and it's a big part of his life and identity, leave him. You can do better than the scum of the internet.
>>
>>17406499
Try it, it's quite funny for people to get their jimmies rustled over some random person they've never even met. It is also beneficial to people, as it teaches them not to get so upset over stupid shit.
>>
>>17406510
You must be a troll then. Trolling only benefits the troll.
>>
>>17406553
I already admitted that. It also helps people toughen up.
>>
>>17406488
>>17406493

Discriminating people for having an opinion is what is actually happening. It's not real trolling unless you might be sincere, so the blackballed are the real evil bullies, forcing people to conform with their non 'troll,' perspectives.
>>
>>17406645
*Against
>>
You should really leave him if this actually bothers you. He sounds like a fun guy and you sound too uptight for either of you to be happy in the long run.
>>
>>17406645
Ballers rather.
>>
>>17406488
He's right you know? People have a choice when they see something on FB. They can either keep scrolling or get mad, most people get mad which is retarded because the Internet is considered a public place. They don't have to be friends with him of FB if they don't like how he chooses to act online. You're tool friends are in the wrong for not getting to know him in person.
>>
>>17406488
Not worth the trouble desu.
You ever think that this stuff he does for you is only because he's desperate and not because his baseline is kind and caring?
>>
>>17406684
test
desu
t bh
tb h
t b h
>>
>>17406598
No it doesn't. If you randomly hit someone on the street, would that be teaching them to "toughen up?"
>>
>>17406683
And the troll can't help himself it herself, huh? He or she MUST make that incendiary post, right? They have no restraint of their own.
>>
>>17406739
Not him, but alot of the people yes it will, unless you're an old dog being taught a new trick.
>>
>>17406739
Depending on your perspective, yes.
>>
I mean, is he a decent troll? Because I know a girl who posts on our college class Facebook page about Trump all the time, last thing she posted was an article in support of Trump on the grounds that Ivanka will normalize MILFs. Her boyfriend is pretty ridiculous too, the guy rented a cheap retail space so he could paint on the walls and have a place for him and his friends to fuck around without restriction, and the two of them get along great. Nobody's ever shunned them for this stuff because everyone can tell it's a damn joke. Unless your boyfriend is straight up directly insulting people then running away yelling I TROL U then I think it's your social group that's the issue, not him. They sound like they're being stuck up as fuck. But at the same time, you don't want your boyfriend to ruin your social life. The important question here is do you actually think he's being a fucking idiot or do you only want him to chance to appease your friends?

>also I have a gut feeling that the only troll in all this is actually OP, if so 10/10 best in a while
>>
>>17406745
Try it then. And bring a stopwatch so you can see how long it takes for the police to show up.
>>
>>17406739
It's more like having a sign that says FREE KNUCKLE SANDWICHES and then punching anyone dumb enough to come along and ask for a sandwich. You really shouldn't have a hard time sniffing out shitposters.
>>
>>17406488
>But he's an internet troll. He brags about how much he enjoys posting pro-Trump stuff on his twitter and facebook just to watch people get upset.
smhtbh people who get upset over that shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place.
>>
>>17406739
Hey, anon, what's the capital of Thailand?
>>
>>17406509
Yes, many people can do better than you.
>>
>>17406762
They haven't over 'trolling' very often u absolute fag. Two whole different ballparks whether pussies like it or not. You deserve a mental institution for being so tumbler-triggerable more than trolls need jail.
>>
>>17406768
Why that would be Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. Why do you ask, anon?
>>
Trolling is like stomping on ice. It's like a shit test administered by men. It's like throwing a boomerang, if it doesn't come back it was never meant to be. People who fall for trolling are social liabilities anyway, the kind of people who write "click" on their mouse when tech support tells them to right click. The kind of people who take the gorillas side when it's tossing shit at its mirror image.
>>
>>17406739
lel
are you seriously comparing words to physical violence? whatta fag.
>>
>>17406900
There is such a thing as hate speech, you know?
>>
>>17406742
They don't have to make that post, just like her friends don't have to have him on social media. It's as simple as that. The point of a troll is to intentionally pass people off. Seems like he's doing exactly what he wants them to do.
>>
>>17406488
Sounds like a sick cunt desu.

He's probably too good for you desu f a m.
>>
>>17407248
And the troll doesn't have to make their post. It cuts both ways.
>>
>>17407602
That was literally my first sentence. Read if you're going to write. Also don't feed trolls.
>>
Well /adv/, im a guy I'm in love with a lesbian. What do I do
>>
>>17407760
The correct term is "gaybian", you bigot
>>
>>17407760
Not much you can do.
>>
>>17406739
Randomly hitting someone I'm the street is physical assault that they cannot avoid, they are forced to be punched.

Responding to a troll comment on the internet is a choice, it's actually easier not to reply than it is to reply. It is a conscious decision to choose to engage.
>>
>>17407003
Saying you support Trump isn't hate speech, you goober.
>>
Your bf is a Republican. So what.

Leave him or accept him.
>>
>>17407816
Not the best example. If someone is using hate speech around a group that speech is meant for, that would be a better comparison.
>>
>>17408113
Same thing. Words can't hurt people. Unless someone is literally inciting violence "let's all go and kill the gays, grab your pitchforks, faggot scum is going to die!", like that, then words are nothing. Getting your fee fees hurt over some mean words is not hate speech.
>>
My boyfriend is also a serious troll, the classical kind of the b variety, not the new alt-right edgefag sorts. He knows the lines and confines of that constitute as edgy and not, he spends some time (maybe 8 hours a week) trolling on twitter, and reddit (he surfs here a lot) but he doesn't game or do anything else nerdy. his trolling is a dark secret between us, he doesn't share it with his friends.

For me, at first I thought it was funny but then some aspects of his trolling (he trolls political groups, trying to entice people to do certain things, false flags, he was really into GG and now into Trump) brings about a level of disgust I didn't feel before. I asked him not to share and I try to ask him why he shit posts those ugly ugly ideas, and if he really believes in it. He said its because our political culture, as informed by media, performers have to take on stakes, yadayadayada, and he is just like fucking the shit up and watching reactions. he said it is like prank calling public access to watch the reactions.
>>
>>17406488
> Using his actual name when trolling
I would suggest leaving him. He is clearly a dumb-ass.
>>
>>17407003
Hate speech is free speech you communist faggot.
>>
File: 1469433296350.png (386KB, 678x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469433296350.png
386KB, 678x450px
>>17409357
>not the new alt-right edgefag sorts
>then proceeds to describe him doing alt right style trolling
>>
>>17409362
This.
Trolling can be an appreciable art form but if you don't know how to prevent the shit from bouncing back on you its just called being a dickhead.
>>
>>17409390
He trolls black lives matter as a fake trans black person. his persona is very very convincing. when he first showed me his twitter account, I looked at everything, including followers and thought he was showing me a loonly blm activist. It turns out it was him and I was disgusted by what he was doing. He isn't alt-right at all. he is apolitical, if that makes sense. i find it disgusting because its, even with light trolling, you are still hurting someone randomly, but he is targeting a vulnerable activist group, and the shit he does through these personas are sickening.

i don't know. i just don't know. but he isn't dumb enough to use his real name, or not use tor.
>>
>>17406488
Op, if he is anything like my BF, try harder to correct.

>>17409417
>>17409357
these are my posts.

I told my bf not to make of muslims online because the islamic community is going through some hard shits and I'm like 'culturally' muslim since my parent are muslim. The thing but trolling is that, assuming he doesn't believe the shitposting he does, he is there for a reaction and my worries with my boyfriend is what will be his next source of reactions:

>first he did some btard trolling, i laughed with him
>then he did some GG shit, like posting dox, and I was meh i don't get it
>then he created fake twitter accounts and start antongizing communities to criticize each other, i felt a bit disgusted
>then he now comes up to me and tells me that aisha was a great wife and now I am realizing he is doing ant-islam jokes and seeking reactions from me

trolls do not know when to stop.
master troll weeve became a full fledge neo-nazi because the lines just got too blurry.
>>
File: 1467965966330.png (33KB, 604x509px) Image search: [Google]
1467965966330.png
33KB, 604x509px
>>17409417
>He trolls black lives matter as a fake trans black person.
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/trolls-4chan-online-feminism-women-of-color
That's right up their ally m8

Alt right fuck with BLM, feminists, muslims and so on in large part because of how stupid their followers often are.

>I told my bf not to make of muslims online because the islamic community is going through some hard shits and I'm like 'culturally' muslim since my parent are muslim.
Of course they are having a hard time, because every week it turns out they killed a few more dozen people for drawing Mohammed or Shariah Law or some other nonsense. Truth is they should be a prime target because as it stands they have no place in western society if they're going to behave that way. The whole premise of a multicultural society predicates itself on integration, and part of that means using words when pictures upset you.

You didn't see Christians firebombing buildings when the Onion posted Jesus being fisted by Buddha and high fiving Moses.

>>17409467
>master troll weeve became a full fledge neo-nazi because the lines just got too blurry.
He became a neo nazi because joining a gang is how you survive in prison you dingaling.

On the plus side he managed to get the Aryan Brotherhood to sing Springtime for Hitler.
>>
>>17409489
The thing is, when you alt-right cucks troll its easy to spot because you awareness of the discourse is limited. My bf went to uni, and he is pretty smart. He is well read in philosophy and sociology, which makes he not ignorant of the philosophical roots of feminism. Alt-right trolls are trolling as feminist according to the caricature version of feminism they experience as being ant-feminist, my bf fake personas are more insidious because you can't tell it isn't a a black lives matter, feminist activist. The dangerous part is that he is telling people to attack other people. He told this transwoman that she was only passing because she looked a becky. this is so much more insidious transwomen are mentally ill because he doesn't let you respond by dismissing his views as alt-right or whatever you are resisting from.

Like, from the article, all those trolls are very easily dismiss and cut for Bieber, it's edgy but it isn't convincing.
>>
>>17409489
He was really into cwc for a while. I am just recalling this right now and I remember how disgusted I was when I read up on him.

op's boyfriend sounds like an alt-right cuck, or a republican. not dangerous, my bf is a troll.
>>
File: 1469832202295.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469832202295.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>17409502
>you alt-right cucks
It's ridiculous when they throw that word at everything they dislike and you're not wearing it any better.

>He is well read in philosophy and sociology, which makes he not ignorant of the philosophical roots of feminism.
Pinochet was well educated too, doesn't mean he wasn't a huge fan of free helicopter rides. You're really discounting how well versed some of the trolls were. Just mimicking Anita will only get you so far. Hell SA Goons are still doing the same thing, they just have a different endgame in mind.

>The dangerous part is that he is telling people to attack other people.
If he's actually doing this, then why are you still with him? It's fun messing with people, but when you try to encourage the mentally ill to be violent you cross a certain threshold.

>>17409504
>cwc
I forgot that guy even existed until I heard he pepper sprayed some guy at gamestop because he was angry about some cardboard sonic poster. What a shit show, I'm surprised he hasnt been taken into professional care yet.
>>
>>17407003
lmao no
>>
>>17409512
To be educated enough to engage in that discourse requires a level of understanding of that discourse, that means a level of commitment. It is exactly the type of commitment people have towards CWC, to troll him to that extent, but feminism isn't easy to learn, their theories are obscure and it is like learning a new language, basically my boyfriend familiarized himself with it for trolling, and he isn't mimicking anita, he is literally mimicking the intersectional blm type.

like all the trolls listed in that vice article, those hashtags are not believably feminist, they seem believable to a caricature version of feminism. I can't stop thinking about the parallels with CWC. To troll CWC people had to learn his obscure crazy world and his stories, his canon. They then convinced him that various trolling episodes were extensions from the canon of his stories and sagas. That required a level of commitment to trick cwc into falling into the trolls. CWC wouldn't have fell for it if the trolls were weak, same as my bf's followers wouldn't believe he is a real blm activist if not for the fact that he is meeting their expectations and it is believable. this is why it is so insidious. it isn't making fun of feminists, or shaming them or acting smug towards them, it is being abusive to them the same way people were to cwc.

if cwc viewed his trolls as trolls he probably wouldn't have been hurt and I am sure he was hurt and felt vulnerable after not knowing if these love quests were real or fake. he wouldn't have fell for it if the trolls didn't use their knowledge of his stories to gain confidence.

this is why trolls are fucked up, my boyfriend understands feminism (i believe, at least according to my friends) as well as my feminists friends, but he abuses that understanding. it isn't even for a political purpose because most alt-right cucks wont' attempt to understand feminism at this level because to them feminism is a joke, a incoherent babble
>>
>>17409512
>posts a cwc image
>doesn't use labiasplittingopen.jpeg
>>
>>17409529
continued

but my bf is like the douches that set up cwc for the mr pickles saga. this is what is wrong about trolls, they aren't merely anti-feminists or alt-right cucks but people who seek to fuck with other people.

I doubt my boyfriend like is an anti-feminist, or hold alt-right views. If he did, he wouldn't attempt to understand feminism comprehensively enough to be able to talk about it in various social circles, and like with his sister who studied gender studies and social work at uni.

op if you are reading my rambling rants: tell your boyfriend to stop. I am going to do the same. If he is really trolling and doing more than just shitposting (aka making fun of feminists), he is probably a troll. if he is just shit-posting, he is probably expressing some political leanings and you shouldn't shun someone for having opposite political leanings.
>>
File: pb1ovpJg.jpg (47KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
pb1ovpJg.jpg
47KB, 680x907px
>>17409536
>abiasplittingopen.jpeg
>>
>>17409529
>To be educated enough to engage in that discourse requires a level of understanding of that discourse, that means a level of commitment.
Exactly, and I think you're discounting how committed some of them can be. I think we also disagree very much on how obscure their theories are, even shit like "micro aggressions" is managing to leak its way into common vocabulary. In hindsight it's easy to say these were obvious trolls, but many of those accounts built up thousands of followers over a period of some months. I mean "solidarity is for white women" was a legitimate trending tag, but you're going to tell me "end fathers day" somehow crosses some line?

I also having trouble believing he is only targeting standard leftist groups simply because he "understands them".

CWC is just straight up mentally ill though. I mean for christ sakes the guy tried to run someone over because he was banned from his store. I'm of the belief the trolling just served as a catalyst, that he was going to crash and burn eventually regardless of the internet.

>>17409536
Oh god please don't tell me he actually got his fun bits cut off.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.