[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1469373927750.png (760KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1469373927750.png
760KB, 1280x715px
Hi guys,

I studied law and am generally applauded for being good at my job. Sadly, that's not enough. I just got laid off (contract expiry) because my senior colleagues couldn't relate to me. For some reason, work turns me into something I'm not. I can't seem to be one of the cool kids while outside of work there is no problem at all. Outside of work I'm outgoing and can relate to everyone. On the job, I slowly turn into a robot as I find noone laughs at my jokes or seems to care about me in any way. Noone seems to share my hobbies, so I shut up.

How do I stop getting laid off when I get a new job? Any thoughts?
>>
>>17406347
>How do I stop getting laid off when I get a new job?
Work out EXACTLY what's going wrong, and work on that. Interpersonal skills are one of the top skills that employers look for nowadays, you're unlikely to land another job if you don't get this sorted out
>>
>>17406382
What seems to go wrong is that I cannot relate to my colleagues at work. I'm not sure what to do about that except radically changing my hobbies and my lifestyle so that I match theirs.
>>
>>17406391
You don't need to be able to relate to them, you just need to be able to get along with them. And how can you not relate? You work together, that's at least one thing you have in common
>>
>>17406396
Well I just got laid off because of 'lack of a match' with important colleagues. Getting along wasn't enough.
>>
>>17406411
You have to pretend to be like them. But don't go overboard, so you are not catch in a lie. I find it strange that you don't know about being fake, since lawyers are all sociopaths kek.
>>
>>17406416
This so much. You have to look like you belong.
Otherwise you don't belong....
>>
>>17406448
>>17406416
Fake it until you make it I guess. I hate myself for not getting along with my colleages.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.