[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone attribute their diet to a successful mood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: wall 7.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
wall 7.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
I've been trying different variants of food to test how I feel with stuff. I try to cut sodium, bread, high corn fruit corn syrup, and sugar out the most. I'm looking for a setup that includes energy, and better muscle,bone movement. I am [20]. I'm looking for any advice that has worked for you nutrition people.
>>
File: Vendiagram.gif (180KB, 1438x938px) Image search: [Google]
Vendiagram.gif
180KB, 1438x938px
I'm diabetic so diet has been a huge and quite intense part of my life at various stages. I now track my bloodsugars over time with a Freestyle Libre and I keep track of when I work out, when and what I eat, etc. So I can see how food affects my bloodsugars and mood nearly directly.

What I've learned:
* Keto is great for losing weight but not much benefit for 99% of healthy people unless you're very strict with it (and almost everyone on /keto/ forums and shit isn't strict enough for it to matter).
* Carbs should not be the enemy, but refined carbs should.
* White flour and other refined valueless carbs make me feel mentally lethargic and I think they slow down my gut bacteria, haven't seen any studies on this though, so grain of salt
* Never drink calories. Just don't, there's no reason to and you'll soon learn soft drinks taste like shit anyway
* The single key to good diet is: Eat more veg. Anything else is overdoing it. You can try to cut out X Y and Z but you'll usually fail, and simply eating more veg accomplishes this anyway because you're fuller for longer (and for cheaper) and your taste profiles will change over time naturally. Pic related.
* Walnuts always make me feel mentally refreshed the next day. I know they have lots of omega 3 and hardly any omega 6, but I also eat a lot of oily fish so there must be something else in Walnuts that make them exceptional. Haven't read enough to know, but I know they're awesome
* Good diet doesn't matter unless you're working out enough for it to have an affect- This means being fit and active. Good fitness + good diet = good human, simple as.

tl;dr stop TRYING to cut shit out, eat more veg and do it naturally.

Also this page is the one I've used and been helped by more than any other: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
It's concise, links to full scientific studies and analysis, nutrient content, etc. Eat 50% of the foods on that list per month and your diet is Golden, simple as
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.