[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work for a major corporation. I have friend who is not very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: jobinterview1[1].jpg (406KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
jobinterview1[1].jpg
406KB, 849x565px
I work for a major corporation. I have friend who is not very driven to work in corporate America, so he works at a sort of disreputable, according to conventional corporate standards.

If he wanted to get a job at my place, should I vouch for him? He is my friend and I want to help him, but I fear that the hiring managers would look down at his current employment and therefore decline to hire him, and it would reflect poorly on me.

The long and short of it is that his current job is sort of at odds ethically with some of the core values of my company.

What do?
>>
bumpin'

Which would /adv/ prefer, the left, or the right? I have a thing for curly hair so I'd go with the left.
>>
>>17404024

had to re-read you post, thought it was about him being lazy

Morals is another story, if he wants to work at a more "moral" company, shouldn't he be encouraged? Tell him to write in his give-me-work letter (the name eludes me) that he wants to change tracks, eezy breezy
>>
>>17404104
the cover letter is what you are thinking of. I like your description of it though.

I can't really think of a good analogy, but it would be sort of like a current PETA employee applying for a job at a meat plant. The meat plant would rightly tell the applicant to fuck off.
>>
File: interview[1].jpg (46KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
interview[1].jpg
46KB, 700x350px
bumpin' with more interview qts.

On paper I prefer blondes, but every single time I go for brunettes, I think perhaps I am more confident with them.
>>
OP, I just want you to know I work in recruiting.

Anytime someone refers someone else, I see the referee as a reflection of the referrer. Go ahead and do it, but if he somehow manages to get the job and fucks up, I'll immediately look to you. I'll then disregard any future referrals from you.

Tell your friend that if he wants this job, he has to show that he's driven and can do the job.
>>
>>17404185
Also anything can be spun. Tell him to spin his narrative about why he wants to leave his current company.

"After working at X company for X months/years, I have found that our values no longer align. After careful research, I'm happy to find that your company's values align with mine and that's why I'm so excited to speak with you."

Come on, this is super easy.
>>
>>17404185
That's another aspect. Company has a rigorous drug testing regime and I know this guy well, he'll eventually fail and then cause a HUGE scene about why his valid fail should be tossed out because he thinks he is clever. And of course such a situation would look bad for me.

So it's a multi faceted reason that I won't refer him. I already told him it's basically due to the reputational risk of his current employer.

Worst part is that he gave me a lame underhanded compliment/remark saying something like 'the company is probably better off going with someone more straight edged'. I'm like... yeah dude, that's the problem with working a shit job, people will fucking judge you for it you retard.
>>
>>17404194
What is his industry in?

I honestly would not refer him - he sounds like a shitlord that'll fuck your shit up.
>>
>>17404191
This might have worked if he didn't work at his dead end job for the better part of a decade.
>>
>>17404199
Yeah, forget it. Can't refer his ass. Tell him to go to staffing agencies.
>>
>>17404207
>Tell him to go to staffing agencies

That's some good advice, thanks.

At the root of the matter is he is an artist who is realizing that he has to work for the man in order to buy bread. His dead end job is about to have run it's course. What is unfortunate is that I know he would be good at the particular role he is eyeing, but because of his current company, and the high likelihood that he'd eventually fail a drug test and somehow get me involved to fight his battles, I am reluctant to refer him.

I suggested he get an intermediary job and just shake off the shit one for a while then I would be more able to help him... that's when he gave the underhanded comment about being straight edge.
>>
>>17404225
Sounds some like some real Fox and the Grapes shit.

Here's some advice someone gave me: If you want a referral, you fucking work for it. You are putting someone else's job and reputation on the line - show that you are worth it.
>>
File: JobInterview-660x440[1].jpg (52KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
JobInterview-660x440[1].jpg
52KB, 660x440px
Thanks all.

Any other advice on how to keep my professional life and personal life separate? Or to help a friend out of a dead end job?

Root of the matter is that he doesn't want to work for the man.
>>
>>17404295
Sooner or later he's going to realize that he's going to fucking just eat the dick and work for the man. Give him time, but still don't refer him. He sounds like a liability.
>>
>>17404091
Right. Are you fucking blind?

It seems like you don't want to vouch for him given that this thread exists. I'd use that as an indicator that, although you care about him as a friend, you don't hold his work ethic in as high regard. That's fine. If anything, let him know this and tell him how he could better himself.

>>17404148
I live for blondes with a tight bubble butt.
>>
>>17404295

Just keep it seperate, that's pretty straightforward

If your friend doesn't work for "the man" then he needs to start his own company. Buy a lawn-mover, lend it to him, he can mow lawns for dollars and eventually be a city-wide gardening-business entrepanour

> btw pizzas counts as pies when solving captchas
>>
File: 0912-woman-job-interview[1].jpg (326KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
0912-woman-job-interview[1].jpg
326KB, 800x800px
Actually he is a very hard worker, just has major authority problems. He's kept the job he has now because his boss lets him argue and get away with a lot of stuff, like coming and going when he pleases. Surprise surprise, a job like that doesn't pay the bills.

Would you pic related?
>>
I take it back, previous brunette had strange looking eyes, possibly shooped.

My friend actually has a very viable art product he makes, he just sucks at marketing. He won't even pay $5 a month for web hosting... somehow doesn't fully understand the concept of having to spend money to make money.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.