[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop a habit? I want to stop browsing shit online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1446669800738.jpg (403KB, 1908x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1446669800738.jpg
403KB, 1908x2000px
How do you stop a habit? I want to stop browsing shit online and start doing productive things. Whenever I try a new habit I can keep it up for a few days and then I give up. How do you do it, bros?
>>
Start small. Do whatever for a week straight. Build. Simple as that.

Sometimes you need to force yourself a little, but once it becomes habit, it's in your autopilot script and you don't have to apply nearly the amount of effort as you did before.
>>
>>17404114
I did start an exercise habit and then gave up 2 weeks later. I'm afraid I can't maintain anything.
>>
>>17405141
Be accountable for your time.

Write down everything you do in a day (excluding the small things).

If it isn't working, find some ruthless asshole to read your daily schedule and rip into you if you wasted the entire day.
>>
>>17403687
I'm not a psychfag but I think there's a psychological rule that it's much easier to form a habit, or a behavior, than it is to stop (or degrade) a behavior.

Basically, my advice is to replace your old habit with something else. It's sort of a roundabout way of doing it, but I follow a similar rule in my life. Basically, the new habit will take over the old habit's nest , make it raise its babies, then and then kick it out.
>>
>>17405178
What if the habit you're trying to replace is browsing the internet all day? And what if you want to start working online but you're an addicted neckbeard that can't stay away from browsing shit? I even tried blocking myself but I just find a way around it.
>>
>>17405243
I would try to get a job that doesn't involve working online or from home, to be honest.

I'll let you in on a secret: most people (myself included) cannot manage their own lives. The only reason they are even slightly productive is because they go to a different environment every day, that is centered around something that is not their home, with a boss or supervisor monitoring them. They only work because they are forced to. There is nothing wrong with you for not being motivated at home; that is normal. I would get out and find yourself a job. Just the scheduling alone of having to wake up at a certain time and leave your house at a certain time will add some more structure to your life.
>>
>>17405270
Well fuck. There must be some other way. I'm sure it is.
>>
>>17405285

>>17405285
I'm gonna be honest OP, I don't think there is another way that doesn't involve leaving your house.

Do you have a meetup group, therapy group, exercise sessions, college, music lessons, language lessons, gaming groups, anything like that? It doesn't have to be a job. It DOES have to be a regularly scheduled thing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.