[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

girl trouble (as always)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>in a relationship for over a year an a half with this girl that I really like.
>the only thing is she totally flips out when I smoke weed. I don't smoke often, usually around friends, and I've been stoned inform of her without her noticing (and we have had a good times in all of those occasions), but everytime I say it out front she just filps out and puts our relationship at stake.
>I tried talking with her about that, trying to convince that I'm not a narco, that weed isn't that bad (I do think that constant use will leave to bad effects), that it's weird of her to not mind me being stoned, but minds me being stoned when I say I am and so on.
>She is 26 (i'm 23) and she has this really conservative attitude towards life, thinking in stereotypes and so on. She doesn't think you can teach an old dog new tricks.
>I really want to be with her and I try my best being a better person (in her eyes) for her, but weed is something I grew accustomed to and even if I try to smoke less (I often pass on even the few occasions I have nowadays to smoke), I still "fail" sometimes. And frankly, for me, it isn't that big of a deal. I like weed.
>Also I'm kind of sad that she's always ready to leave me for this and always stirs trouble for even the smallest of occasions. I feel stupid saying this, since it's not exactly right, but it feels for all the steps I took towards her, she didn't took even one.

i'm not sure I'm putting this in the right perspective, you know it's always more complicated for the people in the situation and I'm sure that I don't do justice to us with that description of the state of things.

any ideas?
>>
So you're saying you're addicted to weed?

Anyway, have you even asked her why it's so taboo? My cousin has very similar attitudes towards weed because her father wasted his life and money for 20 years because he couldn't handle reality without being high. Money for food and clothing always went to weed, and it all started as a "harmless hobby" for him. Maybe your girlfriend sees your dependency as a symptom for a problem that will happen down the road. Most people who smoke weed claim they can stop but they always hAve "accidents" as you put it, which shows they have no will power to avoid the drug.
>>
You probably must prove that you don't have to smoke. Maybe she knew someone who ended up badly because of weed.
>>
>>17403657
>>17403657
I don't think I'm addicted to weed. I can say "no", I don't smoke that much in the first place (I used to smoke a lot in high school, and against that a couple of times a month don't seem that much), but it's something I like doing, like making omelets.
I've asked her and what she told me is that all of the people she knows that smoke weed are grouse, and that in high school all of the people she knew that smoked weed were grouse.
I have my goals in life and I'm not willing to trade them for getting high. I've been around people that really sunk from smoking and I don't want to be one of them.
>>
>>17403686
Well for the better amount of our first year I haven't smoked at all. Just one time with her, that went bad since she told she had cystitis and she wanted to kiss me after I ate her and I feel grouse for a second since I didn't knew very well what cystitis was by that time and I ruined it.
I often try to give her examples of recent cases were I didn't took the opportunity to smoke, but she feels like that sounds like an pathetic excuse more than anything else.
>>
>>17403715
Discussions with girls may be difficult, it's possible that she won't change her mind just because she doesn't want to.
>>
A few years ago, I was the girl in the same type of relationship. Had a stoner BF (addicted, seriously), who was addicted and I used to flip out on him because of that (well I wasnt really flipping out, only telling him I dont like it). It had its reasons:

- He didn´t realize it, but it made him less receptive towards world and hazy, he´d think he was okay to drive and whatever.
- He couldn´t handle school (or god forsake he´d work)
- He spent as much money on weed as I did for my rent
- He forgot about things like driving someone back home after he dragged them across half of the state (while he offered the empty space to strangers instead)
- Generally the people, who were getting stoned with him were pretty much bad influence
- And most of all, he didn´t care it made him that way, even though it was taking a great toll on his friends, family and everyone around him, he´d say he was sorry, but then did it again and again...

Now I´m not saying this is you and I know this is not how it goes with everyone and mostly it´s only something akin to having a few glasses of whatever.

But if she or any of her friends/family have ever experienced similar (or even close to that), she won´t be forgiving towards it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.