[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salesmanship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: myship.jpg (70KB, 395x525px) Image search: [Google]
myship.jpg
70KB, 395x525px
Where do I start to begin a career in sales? I'm not talking about scummy, shady car salesmanship or related ilk. I mean building relationships, following leads, asking questions, and such.

What does a path in sales look like and where are some places for entry level training and experience?

Eventually I want to find what I'm passionate about and sell that even as an entrepreneur.

I'm currently searching for a way tho
>>
>>17403282
bump
i want this too
>>
It's not that hard to find entry-level sales work. The company will be shit and desperately hiring anyone who is willing to take the job. Also, you will be paid only in commissions.

Like I said, entry-level. I worked for an insurance company nobody has heard of for a few months, then switched to an extremely reputable financial company and am taking advantage of all the relationships I built while at my previous company. What I learned over there was how to prospect, how to book appointments, and how to close. That knowledge was well worth the time and money I put into working there.

My advice is to work for a person with good numbers. Whatever company will hire you without experience will suck anyway, so don't worry about that; focus on working for a person from whom you can learn.

Also, I hope you enjoy long hours.

Protip: Learn your fucking scripts. They were written by people much better than you at selling the product. Learn them.
>>
>>17403644
How do you find insurance companies nobody's ever heard of?
And what is an example of a reputable financial company?

Also are there opportunities out there that aren't insurance, cars, financial companies, and pharmaceuticals?
>>
>>17403644
do you need any degree or does it mostly depend on how you are socially?
>>
>>17403699
From what I've heard a degree isn't necessary but getting results is mandatory
>>
>>17403682
>How do you find insurance companies nobody's ever heard of?
Usually they find you. Just post your resume on Monster and keep your eyes open for postings on Craigslist advertising management positions. Alternatively, hit up a Primerica office. Their policies are shit, but they're easy to sell because they're so cheap.

>And what is an example of a reputable financial company?
If you're curious about a company, check their financial strength ratings, assets under management, surplus, and position on the Fortune 500 list.

> Also are there opportunities out there that aren't insurance, cars, financial companies, and pharmaceuticals?
Of course. The heart of any business is sales, and you can find sales positions all over the place. I know a millionaire who made his fortune selling phone and Internet plans to businesses (obviously he started by selling cell phones and individual plans), and I know someone who makes crazy money selling burial plots and funeral plans.

Real Estate is good in the right market, but it's shit right now unless you're doing commercial, which is its own beast. You can get a leasing consultant position at an apartment complex fairly easily (the majority of your pay will come from salary, with commissions being a bonus), but the ones that pay well are hard to break into and have very strict closing ratio guidelines.

>>17403699
Depending on the industry, you might need to get a license, but they usually just care about your numbers.
>>
>>17403699
wrong, you need a degree and everyone I work with has a post grad but we make between 500k and 1mm a year. If you are solving problems for large companies you must be able to speak on equal footing with CEO's and boards. No shuck and jive and winging it
>>
>>17403282
Aspire to be a government lobbyist... talk about $$$
>>
Bump

Gonna go to my community college counselor and business dept tomorrow and see what they say
>>
>>17403844
But apparently you have problems changing to a wider pov.

>>17403699
It depends on the company, and on the product you're selling.
You'll won't need to be as well educated as your buyers, but you can't be MUCH lower, you have to understand and solve their issues and build a rapport with them, and you need to be educated enough to understand your product.

Selling home insurances will be different from selling lab material to biochem industries.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.