[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I ask him out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: cat photography.jpg (83KB, 401x602px) Image search: [Google]
cat photography.jpg
83KB, 401x602px
I am a 20-year-old girl who recently joined a photography group I found online (joining it is free unlike the one at my uni). When I was participating in its events, I met a wonderful single guy and we bonded with each other very quickly. The point is he is 12 years older than me though. I think this will be an issue, and I guess most people will think of a 32-year-old guy into girls much younger than him as a creep. Should I ask him out?
>>
>>17402808
Yup, sure, why not. I don't see how age differences really matter. You're both adults so you can do whatever the hell you want unless it's illegal. Believe in yourself and screw society.
>>
>>17402857
But he is at a different life stage than I am. And as most people think an older guy into younger girls is probably a creep.
I've never had a bf before and I don't know if others will judge me for having a first bf that old. I guess I am less mature than most people my age. Idk
>>
>>17402865
Well yeah, you wouldn't probably be able to buy him anything he can't buy himself as a present, but then again, the matter of a present is showing you care. Also, as long as you have things to discuss, friendship, and hence, deeper relationships are possible. Others may judge whatever they want, it's not what you should really care about. Nobody smart enough wouldn't judge you. Just make sure he's your friend and is interested in you for things other than sex.
>>
>>17402865

Protip: Some people are gonna judge you no matter what you do. It's not worth worrying about it, life's too short. You're both adults, if you like each other and you want to give it a shot, go for it. If you let the opportunity pass just because you're afraid of what other people think, you'll regret it
>>
>>17402865
I'd feel insecure/uncomfortable dating a girl who had dated someone twelve years older than them (especially if he was their first bf) unless we were both 30+

I guess I wouldn't care if they were just a friend but I'd still think it was weird

Yeah it's autistic and there are probably a lot of guys who wouldn't care at all or not enough to let it ruin the relationship (I've never been in this situation so maybe it wouldn't even bother me that much)
>>
I second everyone in this thread OP.
justdoit.exe

Glhf!
>>
>>17402951
This guy say he would find this strange though >>17402912
Plus I am scared of being rejected and this ruining our friendship
>>
>>17402808

*shrug* why are you attracted to him?

I once went on a date with a girl that was 7 or 8 years younger than me. I think i was 25 or 26 at the time, and I went for shits and giggles and also out of curiosity. I straight up asked her what interested her in me... and her response was basically:

Guys my age are so immature.

I continued on with the date , but i internally rolled my eyes so hard at that and just kind of mentally wrote her off from that point on, because it highlighted exactly how immature she was, aaand how much I was being objectified/fetishized/not being seen as a person.

But hey, I'm a weird guy so there's that. Maybe your guy wants a young piece of as--... arm cand--... youthful companion in his life (I.E. the inverse of what that girl was looking for). Maybe he's a cool guy who won't care and just sees you as a person, and who you will get along amazingly with.

There's no knowing 'til you try, but the only piece of advice i can give you is if you're going to go for it, have a decent reason for doing so.

P.S. The older you get, the less fucks you tend to give about what other people think about you (Unless you're a politician or some such where you have to watch your public perception)
>>
>>17402964
I like him as a person and I really clicked with him
>>
Is he your teacher?
>>
>>17403085
No, why?
>>
>>17403088
Just curious.
>>
>>17402808
Some people act and think independent of their age.
When I was 36 I was dating a 20 yr old. We had lots of fun and it wasn't just about the sex. We both got a lot out of it. Her parents didn't like the idea at first but I was at their place often enough to feel welcomed.

If you both want to do it, who cares what others think.
If he isn't keen on the idea, try to find out why that is and dispel his concerns or learn from his perspective. Don't be sad about possible rejection. At least you tried.
>>
>>17403128
I am scared of the rejection ruining our friendship
>>
>>17403165
Well you'll just have to come to terms with all the possible outcomes before trying.
Consider that if you talk about relationship related topics with him now and then he might warm up to the idea.
Take your time too. Enjoy the friendship as much as you can until you feel more comfortable with the idea.
>>
File: Raffey-Cassidy.jpg (78KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Raffey-Cassidy.jpg
78KB, 720x480px
I mean, if I was dating someone 12 years younger than me I'd be dating a 6yo, which would be extremely looked down upon.
But with that being said, it'd probably be nice. Society just wouldn't like it.

There's no reason not to OP, as long as you actually like him. Just know that your family, or his, may give y'all a slightly hard time behind closed walls, although that will pass shortly after y'all being around them a little, if it went that far.

If he actually likes you back (which you don't know for sure yet I suppose) then he won't give a shit about people thinking he's creepy, or at least it won't be a relationship ruiner.
As a side note, until he becomes more comfortable, assuming he is affected at all, he'll likely be a little less affectionate in public until he realizes fuck everyone else.

>>17403165
If it turned into that, you can usually fix it with someone decent by laying all your cards out and being super-honest, confronting them about being weird or avoiding you and all that and trying to say you'd still like to be 'lads.
>>
File: 1469324247925.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469324247925.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>17402808
Yes do it now
>>
You again. I recognize your style. Stop with this shit. We can't eliminate all possibility of trouble. We can't tell you what's going to happen. We can't make it a perfect fairytale romance by waving our magic wands.

You want to ask this guy out, do it. Millions if not billions of women before you have had romantic relationships with older men. You don't want to ask this guy you, don't do it. There are millions of people your age to date. Either way stop making these fucking threads.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.