[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another college thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: hellyeah.jpg (59KB, 460x380px) Image search: [Google]
hellyeah.jpg
59KB, 460x380px
>good at english, english literature, general studies, that kind of stuff
>decent at math and physics, but studying those subjects makes me want to off myself
>I just want an job that pays average when i get out of college, and which would be creative in some capacity (so far, i see things like copywriting and technical writing, but it'd be nice to know more options)
>no idea what to major in and whether to get a Masters eventually
>business or english or marketing or advertising or
>business seems "safest" but that's exactly why everyone and their cat is majoring in it these days, seems like i might not have an edge then
>parents, being Asian, are pushing for eventual law school
>law seems stressful and the market oversaturated, is that true
>they're trying to convince me that as a creative and fluent person, i'll like it. And all those people who can't make it in law, well it's because they're talentless hacks anyway, apparently
>>
>>17402183
This is why the Good Lord invented internships. Major in English because it's fun, taking all the business writing and technical writing courses they offer because they're practical. Take side courses in business, just to get the vocabulary.

You can then legitimately apply for just about any office job in just about any field, with the solid basic skills and the ability to pick up any specialized knowledge on the job.
>>
File: Prosecutie.jpg (262KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Prosecutie.jpg
262KB, 2048x1365px
>>17402183
Jesus Christ. High schools really need to take the sitck out of their asses and admit they know jack shit about the world. Same for colleges.

Anyways, as long as you aren't getting a _____ Studies degree you're fine. Yes I know about the stem meme, but it's just that, a meme. No degree guarantees you'll walk out of college and get hired permanently and full time with no experience.

So you should major in what you enjoy, but start thinking about a career. Don't limit it to your major. My girlfriend majored and English and took a job working in documents at a company. She moved up and did testing on medical devices without even taking calc. This is because most entry level jobs will train you if you seem like a good candidate regardless of your background.

If you can't find a job that explicitly says "internship" then do temp work over summer (I'd suggest taking classes until you're at the point where you can graduate on time with low risk). A lot of managers at firms (we're talking the old dudes) don't open up intern positions and just hire from temp agencies and recruiters. You have 3 summers which last around 3 months. That's plenty of time to find something that works. If you're comfortable, continue it during school.

Again, major in what you enjoy while investing in jobs that appeal to you.

You're greentext is shit btw.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.