[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody understands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: purple.jpg (34KB, 564x550px) Image search: [Google]
purple.jpg
34KB, 564x550px
>From Singapore
>Currently learning French
>Flew all the way to France hoping to befriend some locals so that I can practice French with them in the future
>Had little chance to befriend locals as the program organized by my uni did not include meetup events
>French people in hostels were not interested in keeping in touch with me
>Our host family obviously had business as priority and rarely chit-chat with us
>I mentioned how disappointed with my host family I was with my friends
>They think I was being picky
>Friends like to discuss how they don't really like French culture, how they will not continue studying French, etc
>I don't think I can convince any of them to join French language exchange events I found online
>Mentioned it to parents
>They become angry and think that I have first world problems and that I should be happy that I get to travel
Now that I have returned to Singapore, I don't think I have the opportunity to befriend any French-speakers. My uni does not have any French language exchange activities and all the French speakers here are expats outside of my age range. I think I have missed the opportunity to make irl French-speaking friends. Now what?
>>
Best you can do is try to find online french exchange pen pals. Perhaps email the french uni and ask their alumini if you can post something to the student body for language exchange.
>>
>>17402083
After the experience of catfished by a French person I've met online, I don't know if I want to go down the path of "bonding" with someone you can never verify their identity of again
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 640x640px
>>17402072
French people are arrogant. I visited France several times, so I'm not just talking shit for no reason. I'm German, so even though they are our nighbours, the French are unpopular with the young people. I learned French at school and all of the boys in the class dropped learning it as soon as they could, mostly because they disliked the French, not even the lsnguage itself. Maybe try another language?
>>
>>17402101
I thought about switching at some point, but I think it is too late now. I already learned a lot of French
>>
>>17402107
Maybe hang around with Canadians then? A lot of them know French.
>>
>>17402111
The ones I met at uni cannot really communicate in French. They forgot most of what they learned in high school anyway and they have no interest in chatting with me in French
>>
stop making multiple threads about the same problem, you got good advice last time
>>
>>17402112
Depends where they are coming from. Most Canadians only learn it at school and never use it again, but there are people from the eastern parts on Canada who actually speak it. Gotta get your hands on one of those guys.

There are also many countries in Africa speaking French due to them being former colonies, but you rarely meet those outside their own countries.
>>
>>17402118
I didn't meet any French speaking Canadians at uni
>>
>>17402124
go to Quebec. Where did you go in France? Paris would really be a bad idea
>>
>>17402165
I did go to Paris
Why?
>>
>>17402177
Because even french people agree that they are the most arrogant pricks you can find on earth.
>>
>>17402177
Parisians are the snobbiest of french people honestly, it's like they're responsible for that stereotype, they even look down on the french who are not Parisians

I suggest either Quebec (which does have a slightly bad rep in Canada, it's like the Paris of Canada, but it's still not as bad as the real Paris) or a smaller, more modest town/city in France. I guess it can't be helped that a second trip so soon, might be too costly, but keep it in mind if you ever decide to make a second trip.

Maybe go help in some local hostels and befriend the french backpackers there?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.