[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is Weed really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1467001144613-v.png (613KB, 888x938px) Image search: [Google]
1467001144613-v.png
613KB, 888x938px
Im hanging out with a girl later on, and I asked her to introduce me to some marijuana, out of curiosity. But now I'm scared I've bitten off more than I can chew. I don't intend to develop a habit, I just wanna have some fun. Is that impossible? What are the chances i get addicted? I've never smoked anything before. How can I hide that I smoked it after?

Tl;dr how bad is smoking weed for a first timer who doesnt want to become a smoker.
>>
Definitely poSsible to have fun and not get addicted. It's hard to get addicted to weed. It's honestly not that big of a deal. As for hiding it after, use some eye drops and get some cologne. Psyching yourself out and getting paranoid about the "dangers" will ruin your high and your fun. Just relax and have a good time anon
>>
All the articles I read never present super compelling cases against it, usually culminating in a blurb about it being a gateway drug, but I know this girl doesn't fuck with anything besides weed. I'm literally being peer pressured but I'm also kinda okay with it if someone lets me know what the risks are REALISTICALLY. The pussy shit you find on Google on the topic is weak.
>>
>>17401888
Thanks man. Puts my mind at ease. Any tips for the first time? How to avoid craving it or something?
>>
>>17401898
craving what
>>
>>17401898
The problem is your fear of the substance. With that mindset you probably wouldn't enjoy yourself.
As a person who smoked copious amounts of weed for a solid year and a half and remembers their first time pretty vividly, here's some basic advice I'd give:

Don't be afraid of the stuff. You're worried because people tell you it's a bad thing and has some kind of super negative effects. It's no more than getting a little drunk, just a little more warm and fuzzy, and you'll want to sit on your ass.

Secondly, you're not going to get addicted. There's nothing inherently addicting about cannabis. The only thing that could addict you is your experience. For me, it was basically like social drinking with friends, except we could do dumb shit like sit and play games for hours.

Thirdly, as a first timer, it might be a bit more than you'll expect, but it's nothing to be afraid of. Do yourself a favor and don't get peer pressured into smoking a lot. Take a relatively quick/small puff (2 to 3 seconds of holding a lighter to it) and take a minute to see how you feel. I took a few good rips when I was new to the stuff and it can make you feel a bit odd if you're not used to it. Being smart about it but not stressing yourself over it is key.

And lastly, HAVE FUN WITH IT. A girl is smoking weed with you, nothing more than that. Watch a movie, play a game, listen to some music. Just enjoy yourself. It's really one of the most tame drugs out there all things considered, and you really have nothing to fear.
>>
>>17401964
Thanks man thats really all I was lookin for. Good lookin out
>>
>>17401978
No problem dudester.

As an addendum be aware of what you're smoking out of, as a bong will create much more smoke and get you a hell of a lot higher than a little bowl.
>>
>>17401869
For your first time, you might not actually even feel like you're high at first since its your first time ever experience a weed high. Just focus on trying not to survive and let it kick in and chill.
>>
>>17402004
Well if you tell him shit like "trying not to survive" that's not gonna help him much.
The idea is to make him relaxed about the concept, not give him possible things to stress about.
>>
>>17402010
I realized my typo, I meant to say don't think about trying to survive. Usually that helps me relax because i realize it's just a high and nothing else.
>>
Hey OP, story time.
started smoking pot at 15 with sister, smoked to varying degrees for almost 10 years. Lived with and around people who smoked weed for most of that period, 80 percent of the people I knew smoked at least occasionally. Quit finally 6 months ago, just because it wasn't as enjoyable as it use to be.

You can be a perfectly functional stoner, at this point I consider it a nonissue if people smoke, It just doesn't interest me.

At this point my tolerance is so low I just get sleepy, worried and introverted, but if you have a littler bit of tolerance it's actually a lot more enjoyable as a general relaxant/mild hallucinogenic. You get use to doing all sorts of activities stoned.

Physiological withdraw is minimal, it's primarily a habitual activity that ends up getting built into your routine.

I would say it was enjoyable on the whole,
feels like a non issue, just a thing you do while playing music, before you go on that nature walk, while riding your bicycle, before taking a shower, playing video games, watching movies, before sex, etc.

Live in California BTW, all the stereotypes are true.
>>
>>17401869
Tried weed for the first time a few days ago. I thought it was going to be this dank as shit thing that would be the best thing ever.

I watched youtube videos all and ate a family size bag of gordettos while acting like a retardo with my friends.

It was okay.
>>
>>17401869
How about the drug tests? Do you have any job/interview lined up?

Also, THC stays a long time in your brain, so you (normally) won't feel any need to take it again (unless you want it of course).
But go slow, and don't do it too often, or use it to run away from your problems.
I'd say just use Common Sense 2000™ and you'll be fine.
>>
File: tumblr_n9708sXwyX1txeruoo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9708sXwyX1txeruoo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
First time story? That's probably what I'd want to hear if I were you

I was 14, I smoked way too much, to be cool. My advice is don't hit it, be like "eh don't feel it" and hit more. Wait like a minute or two between hits.

I got pretty paranoid. Not to the extent I came off as a loser like I didn't whinge about it but I was just worried about my parents coming. Even now, I like to have my phone with me when I do it just so I can check it every so often to make sure no one suddenly needs me. So I recommend that.

I remember being a bit freaked out because I was so high so I kinda felt like it was a dream and it wasn't real. That wore off reasonably fast though.

But I put in a headphone and listened to music and walked around with friends and that was cool. I also ate a jumbo sized bag of marshmallows and went in a spa pool and that was awesome. I watched some Seth Rogan comedy movie too and it was super funny.

Basically just don't smoke too much, take some time between hits and don't worry about seeming like a lightweight by not smoking much. It's a good time, and it isn't going to do anything bad to you long term mentally or physically if you just do it this once, not by a long shot.

Have a good time, and remember to take snacks.
>>
File: 1456285709700-b.png (433KB, 1279x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1456285709700-b.png
433KB, 1279x1697px
OP here, thanks a lot you guys. I live with my parents at the moment so my only real concern now is hiding it when I head home afterwards, but you guys cleared up all my other concerns.
Heres a nice little advice passage I saved a while back.
>>
It's mild as fuck, like drinking two beers. I can't believe sensationalist media and bible thumpers have you this scared.
>>
>>17402097
this, it's like two beers and a small pain relief pill at once
and it's pretty boring, you will not see trip or see dragons or anything like that which you see in the movies

and the "munchies" aren't even that high, nothing can beat the munchies after a night of drinking, 2 large kebabs with everything please
>>
>>17402115
Although, dry mouth is a serious bitch if you're not ready for it. But it's literally nothing more than being real damn thirsty for a bit.
>>
>>17402081
Okay but you should be 100% sober within 3-5 hours depending
And remember, it's one of those things where you feel like you're acting high but you almost definitely aren't
And yep, definitely make sure you have drinks on hand, I forgot about that. Personally I like to have an energy drink because it counteracts the sleepiness
>>
>>17402097
I'm not scared for my life, I just dont wanna fuck up my experience, and I had a few other questions
>>
It's not physically addictive but it can be psychologically addictive. The problem starts when you start needing to smoke weed before you do things like watch a movie, go for a walk, etc.

As long as you keep your dosage LOW (0.25g or less per joint) you will save money and not develop too much of a tolerance.
Another thing is to only use it with a good reason - for example I only smoke 1 time a week, Saturday afternoon while I make lunch, I work 9-5 the rest of the week so I don't do it then.

The BEST thing to do is to always combine weed with an activity that's good for you - read a book, learn an instrument, exercise, go hiking, take long walks with your pet, do ANYTHING that's good for your personal growth.

The trick is to see when you start to have a loss of control - and to stop yourself. Otherwise you will become one of these filthy slob degenerates that smoke 3 grams a day.
>>
the joints and spliffs i´ve hit were super weak so i just went back to buying six packs n shots

its not as exciting as you´d think to get hi
>>
Does eating it rather than smoking it prevent the smell?
I am only concerned about the horrible stench I find it disgusting.

Also btw I have had 2 open heart surgeries when I was a baby, will I have a heart attack?
>>
>>17401869

Cute.
Are you gonna use a bong, joint, etc?
Take small hits.
>>
>>17401869
OP, the media makes it out to be the literal devil incarnate, but in terms of actual harm and effect, think of weed like alcohol. It's a bit of a different feeling, but essentially it's no different than booze. If you drink/smoke too much, of course you'll get fucked up, but keep the amounts moderate and you'll have a good time.

That being said, if you're not used to weed, it's a lot easier to smoke too much on your first time. You can't overdose on THC, so don't worry about that, but just like being too drunk can ruin your evening, so can being too high. Take a puff off of one of her joints, and wait 5 minutes to see how it affects you. Keep in mind you'll continue to get more high for about 20 minutes after you stop smoking, but you get about 80% there in 5 minutes.

Again, think of it like beer. You ever hear of people who go out and get drunk on weekends? It's not really a problem. Same with weed. Unless you're smoking all day every day, you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.