[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I have this friend who is a psycho, kids always had issues.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: remove kabab.gif (676KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
remove kabab.gif
676KB, 160x240px
so I have this friend who is a psycho, kids always had issues.

but of late he's been slipping, all he talks about is murder rape and genocide
and he's getting paranoid to, that's what worries me the most

he's my nigger, but I'm wondering if I even want to chill because he is so fucked up now that he might like pull a knife on me or drag me into some crazy shit

but then I don't want to burn him, and he needs someone to watch his back and keep him sane

what do?
>>
>>17401195
You tell him that you're very concerned about his mental state and urge him to seek therapy.

If he's acting violent or behaving in a way you think you're in danger around him (such as carrying a weapon) you should stay away from him and notify his family. Hopefully they will be in a better position (and willing) to get him help.

If you aren't conversant with the difference between "nigga" and "nigger", you should stop trying to use either word unless you simply don't care about being identified as being a shitbag.
>>
>>17401267
nah he won't do therapy, he recons if he talks to them real they will put him in prison or the loony bin

his senpai is as fucked up as he is, old man be waving machetes around on the street at night
lots of drugs, he's not in the gang but his brothers is

and you go the wrong end of it man, we're both black
like he's from a real hood though and I'm in the suburbs so I don't claim to know shit
>>
Tell him you are concerned. If that doesn't work, get authorities involved and they can make a sting for him to fall into.
>>
>>17401278
Only if they think he's an immanent danger to himself or to others, and if he is, he should recognize that maybe he *should* be institutionalized. He can get some help and they'll help him get off the drugs. You can put this in the way of "you know your thinking is kind of messed up and it's making you angry and anxious. Getting help is so that you can stop feeling like that."

You can let him know that you will check in on him often to look out for him and do everything you can to make sure he's treated right if he goes for help.

If he refuses to get help, you should really distance yourself from him.

>>17401318
What, like call the police and say "hey, there's a mentally disturbed black dude going around talking about killing people, maybe you should go look into it"? This is how you get someone killed. Hopefully OP recognizes the reality of that.
>>
>>17401344
yea I suppose your right
I oughta be helping him through it with someone who has a degree or something

but he doesn't want help, his thinking is all fucked up
kinda like he thinks everyone is like him
he thinks about stabbing someone up, then he thinks everyone is like him
so he thinks everyone going to stab him up you know what I'm saying

I wont have him around at my place or with my senpai you know, kids dangerous

>>17401318
yea fuckface, set my own man up for a sting and snitch on him
fucking faggot
>>
Dude you guys are all assholes.
So don't incarcerate your friend, that seriously does not improve anyone's mental state.

You gotta real talk and put it in perspective for him.
- point out some basic things
- it's not coot to talk/fantasize about rape/murder/genocide, that he's going to alienate people that way and just feed into his own antisocial behavior
- tell him to check himself if he's getting paranoid, are the things he's worrying about reasonable from an external perspective
- let him know your worried about him, but you don't want to throw him under the bus, he's probably got abandonment issues.
- point out all the environmental factors that are aggravating his state, housing, family conflict, work stress, diet, exercise, drugs, etc. so he's aware of all the stuff he's acting out against.
- He's probably dealing with trauma, perhaps from years ago.
- tell him to stop carrying a weapon, it just increases the likelihood of getting arrested.
If you are worried about him flipping out go do something normal first, like go to the mall or some shit, then find a cool spot to kick it drink a beer and real talk.

I say this as a dude, who is generally functional, but a few years ago had a break down, I lost my house, alienated a bunch of people around me, got assaulted, everyone around me was on drugs, I was broke, depressive, stopped sleeping, it was bad.

It all feeds into each other, you shut down and your brain goes into survival mode where you stop looking at situations rationally because everything could turn to shit.

The things that got me through that period was having one good friend who had my back, gave me perspective on what I was dealing with, had the patience to hear me out and contextualize things, one friend makes all the difference when everything falls apart.

I pulled myself out of it because someone took the time to give a fuck and create some semblance of normalcy and safety.

think on it OP.
>>
>>17401818
You should realize that OP's friend is quite likely not going through some sort of "phase" where he's simply not thinking well because he's going through some hard times. He is very likely experiencing the onset of schizophrenia. This is not something that can be "talked through" or any shit like that.
>>
>>17401976
that could be true, or it could not, I honestly don't know, you don't know either dude.

Drugs + environmental stress can look the same externally/ he could have deep underlying mental health issues.
and he should get professional psych evaluated but sounds non compliant.

Either way total social disintegration is probably not helpful.

You can take a psychological perspective on it and look at it everything from the point of reference of the individual.
You can also look it from a social perspective and see that he's falling into Anomie and losing track of what is reasonable behavior.

I wouldn't be able to say from what OP said.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.