[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth control which does not suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (13KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 180x157px
>why is it that all kinds of birth control/contraceptives seem to suck
>condoms seem least likely to fuck over your body, but it's relatively easy to get pregnant even with those on
>IUDs and pills cause hormonal imbalances
>yes i know there are liberal women praising that stuff like it makes the sun shine out their asses
>but I've also heard the horror stories
>and the praisers are the same people who gush over menstrual cups, which are honestly horrifying
>sterilization is worse
>vasectomies can cause post-vasectomy pain syndrome, which is no joke
>tube tying is even more risky

Honestly, it's like for most methods, your body biochemistry and hormones will just scream "fuck you for trying to change things around you, imma screw you over". But still, come on, it's CURRENT YEAR, you'd think medical science would've gotten this shit down pat. But no, I think they're more concerned with marketing their products than improving- what with many doctors disliking to talk about post-vasectomy pain even being a thing.

Tragically, their marketing appears to be working, because so many people now seem to think that this is the age of having all the sex you want- I very much wish that is the case, but I would have to be deliberately ignorant of all those lousy contraceptives and the risks of STDs.

So yeah, really, is there a way to not have babies while screwing someone, and which doesn't suck? I really don't want kids, and I might be getting married to someone opposed to abortion. I can certainly persuade him into using condoms at first, but he might eventually want kids, so advice on female birth control methods specifically, would be preferable

>inb4 Essure
>the tsunami of complaints over Essure only proves my point on the med industry rushing and over-marketing products
>>
>>17401078
What about Implanon? Those sound pretty damn effective and don't seem to have too many side effects, and they only last four years.
>>
Paragard is a copper based IUD that does not use hormones. It's an alternative for women who can't use hormonal birth control as the copper kills the sperm on contact. It's fairly reliable and hasn't really affected my body or periods. Been using it for 5 years now.
>>
>>17401078
I can't give any solid advice on different birth control methods, my girlfriend just takes the pill and is happy with that. That's all we use.

But menstrual cups! They're not horrifying. My girlfriend absolutely swears by hers, and I'm the one that suggested it to her. She doesn't have to pay for tampons or pads, she never has strings hanging out, there's no potential of toxic shock from tampons, she can go to the bathroom with it in, and it's no harder to put in than a tampon. And it's actually an easier cleanup than a tampon or pad, you can just dump it out in the toilet and flush, instead of requiring a garbage can or baggie to put it in if there isn't a can. Also it's not the most pleasant benefit, but she can actually see what colour and consistency the discharge is, to make sure everything is normal.

She thought it was super weird at first, but now she couldn't live without it. It makes both of our lives easier, seriously.
>>
Copper IUD my nigga. No hormones.

iktf though, birth control hormones destroyed my vagina, i can't even use a fucking tampon. i wish i was born male
>>
>>17401416
Yeah I know, maybe it's just the bias from landing myself in ladies' Internet forums, but I hear all the stories too of hormonal changes that come with aging or menopause or giving birth or any kind of pill like you said. Maybe males just don't speak up about such things but their bodies seem way less fussy and complicated

Now I'm just considering the low dose pills or the copper IUD like you said, the Yaz pill seemed great until I stumbled upon all the lawsuits against it and multiple studies of the dangerous blood clotting. But many are still misinformed because the company aggressively marketed it until FDA actually told them to cut some of that shit out. Ugh, the Pharm industry can be frustrating

>>17401409
Everyone reacts differently to pills, and yeah I know some people have cooperative wombs that way, that also respond well to cups. But if your body hates it, oh it will tell you- it'd be hard to get the whole balloon up there and then it gets suctioned to your cervix and ewe ER. But if your the forgetful type, it would indeed be worth trying out to avoid toxic shock. I now use pads and I'm indifferent to the blood and smell, so it's fine to me
>>
>>17401078
>condoms
>relatively easy to get pregnant

Whatever school gave you sex education, ask for your money back.
>>
Reminder that abstinence is the only 100% effective birth control

If you do not want to have kids, don't have sex, and you have nothing to worry about. If you need sexual release, masturbate. If you need and can get physical intimacy, just cuddle naked.
>>
>>17401469
Well, the fact they they can break quite easily or potentially be defective makes it fairly easy to accidentally get pregnant when using them. I've had them randomly break when I have used them.
>>
>>17401469
79% typical use, 95% perfect use might sound good to you, but considering how much screwing is to be had, the chances of getting pregnant rises considerably over the years. If the guy has a condom that's even more ill-fitting than average and puts it on even worse, that 79% plunges even further

Whoever taught you probability in school, get your money back
>>
>>17401469
Not OP, and I wouldn't use the word "easy", but there's a LOT of overconfidence in condoms. With a failure rating of 2% with perfect use and a large room for user error, compared to almost all other forms of birth control they aren't even close to as effective.

I would not recommend anyone rely upon them as sole contraception for regular, long-term use.
>>
>>17401489
>79% typical use

Source?
>>
>>17401481
Just because nobody wants to have sex with you doesn't mean everyone else should also abstain.
>>
>>17401078

>vasectomies can cause post-vasectomy pain syndrome, which is no joke.

This is 100% true.

I'm 30 now but got a vasectomy four years ago and for 11 months I had a dull ache in my balls.

You're not supposed to jerk off for 2-3 weeks while your tubes heal up but I make it 3 days before jerking off.

NOT a good idea, I thought my balls were going to blow out. It hurt like hell for weeks after.

You see once you start healing and start jerking off and/or fucking again, even time you cum it hits the cut and builds up scar tissue.

Some guys heal up in a month and they're fine.

Like I said, my balls hurt for almost a year but finally went away.

But on the plus side girls LOVE that I can cum inside them and not worry about getting pregnant.

Yes, there's a tiny chance but dozens of grillz later and no bastards yet so it's all good.

Food for thought, senpai.
>>
>>17401501
CDC gives a more conservative estimate of 82%, which means failure 18% of the time (figures for typical use range from 12% to 21%) but that's why they still recommend you use a concurrent birth control method
http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/contraception.htm
>>
>>17401481

Outer course feels bretty gud.

Get naked and rub the head of your cock against her labia and clit.

Then jerk off and cum in her mouth and/or tits.

Did that in high school; at to be young again.
>>
>>17401501
Not OP again, but here's a good chart for the typical effectiveness of all contraceptive methods

http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/contraceptive_methods_508.pdf

Condoms are 82% effective with typical use. That means roughly 1 out of every 6 women who use condoms typically will become pregnant within a year.

Of course you should ALWAYS do your absolute best to use your contraceptive method perfectly, but I recommend going by the typical stats rather than the perfect stats because nobody is perfect, and if you do mess up you want to have planned for that and taken it into consideration when making your choice.

Some other good resources are

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control

And

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexual_health/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_
>>
Just stop whoring yourself
>>
>>17401458
female bodies are seriously a shit. for sure avoid Yaz with the obvious red flags....but honestly if you look for long enough you'll become panicked by any medication.

that being said i don't recommend low dose because if you fuck up the time you take it by even 15 minutes there's a chance of pregnancy. it's ridiculous. copper iud is the best by all standards. make sure you ask for a cervical anesthetic and something like ativan so insertion is painless as possible
>>
>>17401100
Implanon no longer exists, the new version is Nexplanon, which lasts 3 years. I have it and it actually does have pretty shitty side effects. Most women with the implant are constantly on their period. There's also moodiness and weight gain, constant insatiable cravings for pancakes, among others. It's also greatly worsened my anxiety to the point where I'm taking meds to balance it out due to the hormonal changes the implant has caused.

I will say that it is much better than the pill though, in my experience. I used to take Tri-previfem and had crippling migraines to the point where I couldn't even leave my house. I'd rather always be on my period desu.
>>
>>17401115
yep
also there's one that does use hormones that lasts 5 years, paragard lasts ~12
>>
>>17401542
Ironically, right now, if I weren't in a relationship with someone religious and were just sleeping around, I could just get an abortion. But now it looks like outercourse the rest of my life, if I were to get married to him and want to be absolutely "safe" from the possibility of having to abort. Which is a consideration, but for now the other anons seem to have useful advice on methods
>>
>>17401595
mate get an IUD or nexplanon and you're virtually impossible to impregnate. add a condom and you are more sterile than a 90 year old
>>
>>17401078
>>condoms seem least likely to fuck over your body, but it's relatively easy to get pregnant even with those on
Not if you use them right, i.e. from the beginning not that weird "get close to cumming, pull out, put on condom" thing I've read some people do.

I've honestly never had a problem using condoms the proper way.
>>
>>17401416
I've been really considering this but apparently it gives you really heavy and painful periods?

I fucking hate this I've been on the pill for a couple years but it entirely killed my sex drive, and made me depressed
I went on the mini pill and it made my boobs hurt so bad I couldn't wear a bra and I constantly had my period
I just went back on my old pill and my sex drive is still entirely gone it's been like 6 weeks but nothing, and depressed again

So like wtf do I do
I wanted to go on Nuvaring but it's really expensive
My friend is on the jab but ow?
>>
>I really don't want kids, and I might be getting married to someone opposed to abortion. I can certainly persuade him into using condoms at first, but he might eventually want kids, so advice on female birth control methods specifically, would be preferable

die in cancer is my advice, retard
>>
OP, you do know that copper IUDs exist right? They don't fuck with your hormones, just give you heavier periods. I am using one right now, it's great.
>>
>>17402091
Nuvaring got like a shitton of lawsuits. Honestly, copper IUD is best bet, even considering the heavy periods and some cramps (even when not having your period). But apparently, the heavy periods are gone after a few months for some lucky people. Supposedly, hormonal IUD is less notorious for heavier bleeding, some lucky sods even cease to have periods- but it comes with that usual risk of depression and boob tenderness and whatnot, but it's lot lower a risk than going on the pill, and less severe.
>>
File: Nat meme.jpg (81KB, 678x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nat meme.jpg
81KB, 678x1000px
>>17401078
>mfw OP can never greentext
>>
>on BC pills
>find out they cause my frequent 1-2x a month canker sores
>also probably responsible for my decrease in sexual appetite
>pain in the ass, have to get every month, they won't just give me like 3 months in advance
>always have to run to doctor's office to fetch the pills each month
>they made me get a papsmear like blackmailing me on witholding my pills, despite that I didn't fucking want that invasive awful procedure and it should be my choice
>the fact they withhold the pills and force you to get it done is literally actual rape, like okay you can think I'm stupid for not getting it done but you shouldn't be able to withhold my medication to force me to comply
>pain in the ass if I want to long term travel, can't just grab a batch in advance
>have to remember every day to take it

I've heard of a temporary silicon injection into the male's tubes, totally reversible, non invasive. In testing now, but that doesn't help me now when it is finally approved maybe in 5-10 years, fucking slow as balls system. Plus every man would have to get it. Can't even do the same for girls because our stupid system is buried inside our abdomen through a bunch of other organs and shit. It's not fair.

>>17402110

May consider.

>>17401560
>a cervical anesthetic and something like ativan so insertion is painless as possible

Okay maybe not consider what the fuck. I'm curling up and crossing my legs just imagining this process now.

I mean fuck I don't even want kids ever, just like inject something that will kill my eggs. Or UV light them or something. Fucking biology why.

>>17401409
>menstrual cups

I love my menny cuppy. I delayed getting one for two years after first hearing about it, but I finally decided to get it. Hasn't leaked once. I love it, it's so tiny and packable, and no waste, no recurring expense. Doesn't hurt any more than tampons do.
>>
>>17401078
Hormonal imbalances only happen after getting off the pill after long term usage (5+ years). If you're getting that immediately on the pill then switch to a different kind as it shouldn't be happening. I'm on Alesse and was on Rigevidon a few years back and haven't gotten a single negative side effect from either of them. Just take them for 2-3 years then take a break and you'll be golden. Should lower your chances of potentially developing cervical/liver cancer too.

Also, outside of pill usage (so 9 months back then and I'mon my second month now), I've been using condoms for the past 6 years and haven't gotten pregnant once. Look up how to put them on properly. You won't be at risk of getting pregnant if you use them properly.
>>
>>17401416
>>17401115

Another paragard user here. The only issues I've had was constant bleeding the first month...
>>
>>17401078
Anal sex is an excellent form of contraceptive.
>>
>>17401115
My doc advised against it since I had heavy painful periods and paragard had the chance of making them worse.
>>
The implant is a very, very low hormonal dose since it goes directly into your bloodstream.

The copper IUD is also hormone-free.

Both of these are very long term, however offer no STD protection and are also a pain to put in.

There's also internal condoms, as a suggestion. Harder to find but I hear they're a lot more comfortable.
>>
What's wrong with getting your tubes tied?
I did, and never ever having to worry about pregnancy and pills again is wonderful.
>>
>>17401078

Condoms are the safest, the easiest and the most effective contraception that is not permanent

If you have problems with them breaking, buy bigger ones and buy lube. Use more than one during sex. There's all kinds of ways to manage it.

The pill can wreck women's health and mood, and it requires them to be serious about taking them. A friend of mine has just gotten a child with a girl who was on the pill. Whoopdedo.

Condoms my man, condoms
>>
I´m one of those horror stories, so kudos for listening to them and reading up

Anyway condoms seem the best deal, there is a pesar+ spermicide too (not sure if those can be combined, but is worth researching

and there is a procedure where they insert a T shaped little thingie into the womb, which makes it more acidic (I think) for anything to survive and also hard to stick to it, but it´s not recommended until girls have a first kid

Still those are non-hormonal possibilities, which seem pretty decent and non-risky
>>
>>17404061

Personally, my periods got better with Paragard. I used to have off and on spotting for up to 2 weeks with 4 days being incredibly heavy and painful. Now it's usually 2-3 days spotting with 2 days of heavy flow. Pain is sharper for the first day, but doesn't go on for nearly as long.

>>17402632
Had this problem as well in the first month, plus the actual implant is very painful for a few days, though I managed to drive myself home, take a nap, then go to class for 3 hours.
>>
>>17404105
Your doctor just let you do that? Mine won't do it because I'm young and only have one child.
>>
>>17404166
Find another doctor, someone who will. I was able to get mine tied after my first kid.

Protip: Be calm and cool about it and don't get riled up. Doctors won't listen to you if they think you're being emotional about the decision.
>>
>>17401502
Nobody said that lol. I agree with them t b h. If you're going to be that fucking freaked the hell out about the slight chance of getting preggo you shouldn't have sex. If you're not willing to accept the risks, don't do it.
That's why I don't. I'd rather kill myself than be pregnant. So I just don't fuck. No sweat off my back. If anyone else is willing to accept the very slim margin of error though, then that's cool.
>>
>>17404121
>Use more than one during sex.
I hope you don't mean wearing one on top of another, cause that increases failure rate.

>>17404255
I won't fuck until I can support a kid. It fucking sucks, but that's the choice I've made. My brother was an accident, and I don't want any accidents. I'm also terrified of STDs.

I'm a guy btw.
>>
Yeah I abstain from sex too
It's kind of pointless and if you're that freaked out you should just stop fucking so much 100% success rate
>>
>>17404513

Yup I phrased that wrong, you should use more than one as in taking the old one off and putting a new one on if you have a little intermission or a breather.

Like if you have sex for fifteen minutes and not ejaculated, kiss and makeout and do some oral and put a new condom on in the meantime..

And always remember: medium is the default size, many men need larger condoms to avoid breakings and the whole "too-tight-can't-maintain-erection" often stems from wearing too tight condoms
>>
>>17401078
My mother took the pill for decades and she never had a problem, I take the pill too and I haven't had a problem either. In fact it's had an extremely beneficial effect on me, it reduced my menstrual pain immensely to the point I don't have to drug myself on painkillers anymore as I used to whenever I got my period because the pain was unbearable. Also my flow is a lot more manageable now, before I used to bleed like a fountain, chunks of tissue getting expelled whole and it a was a mess. In fact I regret not listening to my mother and all the women who told me to get on the pill even if I wasn't having sex because that would have spared me a lot of pain during menstruation, I regret not doing it sooner. I dunno what's wrong with you people.
>>
>But still, come on, it's CURRENT YEAR, you'd think medical science would've gotten this shit down pat.
Here's hoping for vasagel. Unlike a womans birth control it doesn't rely on fucking up your hormones.

> I really don't want kids, and I might be getting married to someone opposed to abortion. I can certainly persuade him into using condoms at first, but he might eventually want kids
This really seems like something you guys should work on asap though. Especially if you're discussing marriage of all things.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.