[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm infatuated with my professor. How do I stop this nonsense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1469091779396.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469091779396.png
85KB, 492x280px
I'm infatuated with my professor.
How do I stop this nonsense.
>>
>>17400712

appreciate the relationship for what it is
>>
>>17400712
change classes or move way the fuck in back. get there right before class and leave immediately after
>>
>>17400713
I do. I mean, I'm a teacher myself and I understand how silly it is. This is my final class as an undergrad, which would give me hope if not for:
>professor is moving to texas
>also married

I just got out of a long term relationship too, so this makes this doubly difficult.
>>
>>17400716
It's a summer class with 14 people in a tiny classroom, bro... Also, I'm not sacrificing my grade for avoidance.
>>
>>17400728

>i do
>but also i dont

is what you said. appreciating it for what it is means not reaching or pining for something more than what it is.

learn that unrequited feelings and simply enjoying the dynamic, guaranteed to be temporary, is beautiful. like that weird due from age of ultron said 'sometihng isn't beautiful because it lasts'
>>
>>17400736
>more than what it is
What it is at the moment: we talk about common interests, joke around and talk about philosophy (amongst other things that are not the subject of the class).
Could I just be bros with him? He's a great guy in general.

Aight, new question:
How do I become bros4lyfe with my professor?
>>
>>17400776

are you just gay, or do you use infatuation in the non romantic sense and simply mean you want to continue this sort of 'mentor' type relationship that you feel growing?
>>
>>17400785
Infatuation is in the romantic sort of sense, hence I mention the end of my long term relationship. But you know, I'm not going to pull this dude into something questionable, especially if he's married. So yeah, mentor-student relationship wouldn't be bad. I'd also like to go get beers and chat.
>>
>>17400813

invite him for a drink under the guise of wanting to pick his brain about the subject. that will inevitably transition into regular life discussion and see wherei t goes.

however the '4lyfe' concept is hard. or even the 'for a while' concept is hard becuase, as you mentioned, he is moving. considering his place in life i doubt he will see you as his star pupil for more than a few months after he moves and your just a guy who comments too often on facebook.
>>
>>17400827
'bros4lyfe' was facetious, but whatever.
Right now my main goal is to get over this impractical feeling in whatever way I can. This is an accelerated class and I only have 6 days left of class. Went by too fast, man.

Don't you think just outright asking him out for drinks, no matter the reason, might be a bit suspicious/too intimate? OH MAN, HE WAS GOING TO LEND ME A BOOK. I could use discussing the book with him as an excuse.
>>
>>17400861

>facetious

this is a new word that everyone loves to use wrong and it drives me mad.

>>17400861

>suspicious

does it matter? there are six days left of class. asking to pick his brain ABOUT THE FUCKING CLASS isn't suspicious. it is considered a bit of a tradition. worst case scenario he says 'sorry i really dont have the time' and life goes back to normal.

the book is the same excuse except you dont have a chance to read it and discuss it in time. just ask to pick his brain. if it makmes it less awkward, try to get a friend you know likes the teacher to do it as well, but its really no big deal.

its only suspicious cuz you want to bang him. he doesnt know that. ergo you are just one of those students who really appreciate htier professor. it happens. it is a 'thing'.

its joked about in shows like how i met your mother, wherein the main character becomes a college professor and gets all ego-y saying hes going to let his student buy him a drink so he can talk about architecture.
>>
>>17400874
>>17400861

that all came out way more mean sounding than i wanted it to, i meant it more sarcasticy, fyi. i think your crush on your professor is cute and understand the desire for a bond. i was lucky enough taht my mentor is my boss and i get to talk to him daily and not really worry about him disappearing from my life anytime soon, and kinda wish everyone had that.
>>
>>17400878
Nah, it's cool.

Also I looked up facetious and I was using it wrong... The more you know.
>>
>>17400890

at least you admit it. most people try to stretch that definition.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.