[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you do about family who are brainwashed by religious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

what do you do about family who are brainwashed by religious bullshit and think a middle eastern guy who has been dead for thousands of years puts feelings into their head?
>>
if it bothers you and can't get along with them because of it pull away from them.
>>
Leave it be? What's it to you if they're not pushing it into you? If it's that big of a deal move out.
>>
>>17400337
Is there physical danger to you, siblings, or anyone else involved? If not, I'd say deal until you're old enough to leave, and as you need to be 18 to join the secret club of 4chan, you are old enough to leave if it's very distressing to you.
>>
>>17400345
I don't live with them. I just don't like that they actually believe this stupid bullshit. They should know the real world, not this fake religious crap.
>>
>>17400347
I DON'T LIVE WITH THEM, FUCKING RETARDS
>>
>>17400350
You sound like an asshole OP. If they're happy, leave em be. You whine about their beliefs and want to impose yours on them.
>>
>>17400354
Then why are you sweating about it you spaz? Also your post to the other guy wasn't there when I posted so chill out.
>>
>>17400361
Except they clearly aren't happy because they have to lie to themselves about some stupid dead middle eastern guy. They should be able to see the real world for what it is and accept that they are happy because they are happy, not because of some stupid dead middle eastern guy.

It's fucking straight-up delusional bullshit and I don't see why you tards are defending it.
>>
Tell us more about how enlightened you are.
>>
Everyone believes stupid shit. Even you have no idea how the real world works. I'm smart, really fucking smart, and all it gets me is the understanding that everything is rigged and arbitrary. Religion is no different than the economy, politics, societal norms. Just stories we agree to tell each other over and over until we forget that it's a lie.
>>
>>17400362
If this were any other dead middle eastern guy, then you idiots would be calling it delusional and saying they should be checked out for schizophrenia. Just because it's christianity suddenly it's not delusional at all and I should just accept that family members are fucked up in the head? I don't think so.
>>
>>17400374
Doesn't matter what they believe. If they're keeping to themselves and are happy, I don't understand why you're trying to ruin it. To them, what they believe is fact, so they don't see it as being delusional. If that's what it takes to get them through life, then so be it. Obviously, they're probably better off than you are. You sound like a bitter cunt.
>>
>>17400374
They probably accept you and your autism, so what's the problem?
>>
>>17400369
We're saying leave them alone. Are they literally suffering because of it?

Is this radical fedoraism?
>>
It's almost like your family needs to be saved from their present ways. You should go to them and talk about your beliefs. Maybe give them copies of free literature that helps explain the truth.
>>
>>17400385
LMAO not bitter at all, my friend. I have my feet planted firmly on the ground, which is more than I can say about my delusional family.

You probably just share their stupid religious delusion, so you defend it instinctively. What you don't know is how stupid and weird you look to normal people looking in from the outside.
>>
>>17400421
I suppose I share it to a degree. I believe in God but I don't believe in what people claim as the word of God. And this is all recently. Even before when I didn't believe, I wasn't as bitter as you. But yea, no matter what I believe, I'll defend the right of others to believe whatever they want as long as it's not harming others. I have no issue with you believing what you do cause I can understand why you do but it doesn't mean you get to act like an ass. I don't even believe your intentions are pure. I think you'd rather see others as unhappy as you are.
>>
>>17400439
It's funny how you assume I'm unhappy. That couldn't be further from the truth. Believe it or not, Atheists are some of the happiest people out there because they are capable of finding THEIR OWN happiness. They don't need a make-believe god or some superficial religious "community" to make them whole. We are whole and happy all on our own.

Could it be that you're simply jealous of that happiness?
>>
>>17400421
not that anon but I'm an atheist and I have learned to live and let live. there are more important things in life than making sure everybody is factually right about everything all the time. are you gonna make it your life's work to set everyone straight? you're gonna expend a lot of energy flipping shit about this, and for what? it won't change what they believe. you can explain it to them til you're blue in the face and it will change nothing. believe me, I was like you in my teens and even a bit into my 20s. it got me nowhere and it will get you nowhere too. and it won't get them anywhere either.

I don't like it when people believe shit that isn't true either. I cringe when I see some of the dumb shit people vote for because MUH BULEEFS. but I've learned not to waste energy being perpetually enraged about shit I can't do anything about.
>>
You have not found the truth
>>
>>17400449
so being angry all the time makes you happy? because you sure sound pissed. I know happy people. I know happy atheists. they don't sound like you. they may post anti-religious articles on facebook occasionally but then they move on and post about their families, their jobs, fun stuff they're doing. you know, their lives. you never get the impression that they're seething about other people's beliefs.

maybe you just need more hobbies. and normally I don't say this to people because I think that there are far more problems in the world caused by not enough thinking than by too much thinking...but it kinda sounds like you think too much too.
>>
>>17400464
Just because I am calling religion out for what it is doesn't make me angry. It's funny how you people always mistake us for being angry when all we're doing is calling it like we see it.

Seems to me that you're simply threatened by my direct approach and the view that I'm expressing because it challenges a false belief you hold dear. When will you grow out of it and see the real world, kiddo? I wonder..
>>
>>17400449
Nah man, I'm actually pretty happy with my life. But you're gonna believe whatever you wanna believe. You're not interested in any solution but rather just causing an unnecessary issue. So abandoning thread, no reasoning with you man. I hope you let go of all that anger.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.