[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had 3.5 months of holidays and have already wasted 1.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

I'm a uni student with really long summer holidays. I have no hobbies and no real interests so I just sit around staring at a screen all day.
What should I really be doing with my holiday?
The only thing I seem to enjoy doing outside is going on walks, so should I do anything besides that?
And what should I read in my spare time?
I don't know if normal people are sitting around wasting my time like me or doing cooler things like learning new skills.
>>
>>17400209
Decide on what you want to major in, then try to get an internship or volunteering position in that field now. You want to show that you know what you want, and better still, that you know specifically about what you're passionate in (I.e. Not just liking econs and oh I want that econs major then, but what specific aspect of it you'll want to pursue). If you can't, at least try to learn the basics online, or get any job for some beer money later on. A lot of people spend this free time volunteering, which you can from the goodness of your heart, but don't do it for any college application, the number of entitled "of course I'll be successful in my application, I built houses in CAMBODIA!" sort of brats I've seen, are just eye-rolling.

If you are worried about applications, brush up your English skills, I've seen good funny essays about, just, everyday life. Or hang around France and hope to get injured by a terrorist attack or something, then you'll have something sensationalist to write about. Just don't write about traveling or volunteering, it's too common and easily gets holier-than-thou

Also getting fit is always a good idea
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.