[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is this feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1469145038508.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1469145038508.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
I've been waking up with a very weird feeling in all of my limbs for the past 4 months. You know how when you're scared, your limbs kinda get shaky and you're clumsy? I have that 24/7 but it's at its worst when I wake up.

I also have negative afterimages and tinnitus which developed right when the tense feels began. I had panic attacks for a good month thinking it was MS. When this was proven to not be the case, the panic attacks went away. What is this thing?!

I've been to all kinds of doctors - GP, cardiologist, endocrinologist, neurologist (tested for MS, no lesions on scan with contrast). The only things they found was super low vit. D and slightly underactive thyroid. Doc visits was 3 months ago.

I'm really worried about the muscle feels, though. It just feels like I'm permanently stuck in that "scared" mode. Imagine you were frightened really really bad and your knees go weak and all your limbs feel weird.

Does this sound like adrenal fatigue or something? I've read the entire Internet and it literally could be anything from adrenals to vit. D deficiency but I doubt it. I just don't know what to do anymore and no one can give me any answers.
>>
man, if a bunch of docs looked you over and they don't know, then we won't either. so I hope you don't mind vague guesses.

what's your anxiety level like these days? how much sleep are you getting? are you eating enough?
>>
>>17399317

Docs are pretty clueless also. I insisted on the vit. D for example, because I've read hundreds of comments by people who have nearly become cripples because of low vit. D. Got tested and sure enough, my levels were 5x below the norm.

Anxiety level is really low. I work a very comfy job, get between 7-9 hours of sleep every night and I eat well too.
>>
>>17399304
Probably mild muscle atrophy.

exercise more. Whatever muscles feel jittery work them out hard during the day. If they get sore really quick then its likely muscle atrophy. Not a big deal you just need to stretch and work them a bit. Also work on the vitamin D.
>>
>>17399329
are you taking any vit. D supplements? do they seem to help?
>>
>>17399330
jesus christ yes they do extremely jittery / sore after a workout. As a matter of fact, I frequently also get numb fingers after I workout and then put any amount of pressure on my wrists / forearms, say when I'm typing on my keyboard. My fingers just start getting numb quickly.

>>17399331
Yes I'm taking a liquid form of vit. D3 and make sure to sunbathe every day. I've heard it takes a long time to recover from a vit. D deficiency.
>>
>>17399338
have you ever had any neck or head injuries? this is starting to sound a lot like what my dad went through after his head injuries. in addition to whatever brain damage was there, he also had similar weakness in the limbs. turns out he had pinched nerves and shit in his neck because the shock from having his head hit so hard also basically caused some of his vertebrae to jam together.
>>
>>17399363

I fear this as well. I can remember slipping and hitting my back hard against a wall a month or so prior to my symptoms. Could be whiplash. It would explain the tinnitus and why it gets louder if I get neck strain.

Did your dad fix his neck problems?
>>
>>17399376
sort of, he still has issues but he got a lot of relief from seeing a chiropractor. normally I don't recommend chiropractors to people because insurance doesn't always cover it and because some chiros are super gung ho and think chiropractic can cure everything. it can't. but it is damn good for backs and necks. if you want to go that route, I can tell you what I know about them.
>>
>>17399461

Yes, I've literally spent days watching John Bergman's vids on youtube. I can't really tell if it's just hype or if it really works.

He seems to think that a good neck curve is some sort of panacea for all diseases.
>>
>>17399482
well here's what I know based on my experiences with them. it can't cure everything. it can help you feel better overall, help with some back, neck, and joint pain, and if your vertebrae are so fucked that they're cutting off blood flow or pressing on nerves to various parts of your body, you will get relief from any conditions that are being caused or exascerbated by that.

if a chiro starts talking about weird treatments like coloured light therapy and shit, look for a different one. some will either genuinely buy into a bunch of new age shit, or they don't buy into it but they think they can get patients to buy weird shit from them. the chiro I see pretty much sticks to backs, necks, and other joints. just remember though, they are health care providers. and most will recommend or sometimes directly sell stuff like neck pillows, ice packs, neck braces, maybe a few vitamins or herbs that supposedly help with inflammation, joint issues, etc. this is normal, I've never seen a chiro that doesn't do that.

cont
>>
cont from
>>17399547

another thing with chiropractors is that people sometimes don't want to see them because they want you to keep coming back. I will say that after an injury, or if your back is kinda chronically fucked, you should plan to have several sessions. but they should start spacing out farther apart. so another way to tell if your chiro is a shyster or the real deal is that once you start feeling better, a good chiropractor will decrease the treatment frequency to only what you need to finish recovering. and if you're not improving at least a bit after 2-3 treatments, he should refer you to a regular MD. if I hurt something, I will usually go in for a few treatments over a couple weeks. generally after that I don't have to go in. your mileage may vary but you shouldn't need to keep seeing a chiro every week forever, is what I'm saying.

it's nice if you can go in and get adjusted every 3-6 months but it's not necessary unless it really makes you feel better overall. and a good chiro will not push maintenance treatments. he will mention them but he should just tell you to give them a call if you feel like you need it.

hope this helps. I would recommend at least seeing one. if there's a doc you trust to give good recommendations, call them and ask if they know any good chiropractors in the area. or depending on where you live, you might be able to find a good one online based off yelp reviews or something.
>>
>>17399550
cont with a few afterthoughts: even though a good chiro won't push unnecessary treatments on you, don't skimp on treatments if possible. if he says you should have 2-4 treatments a week apart and then come back and see him for another couple treatments two weeks apart, do it if your insurance will let you.

also some chiropractors may offer a sliding fee scale or payment plans. you won't see sliding fees much, but most are willing to work something out. the guy I see is in a smallish town so doesn't charge a whole lot. usually $40ish for a regular session.

some of the things they do to relax your back before treatment will cost extra. heating packs are kind of the default go-to. generally I have them use an ultrasound-like thingie on my back beforehand. doesn't take a picture or anything, just uses electrical pulses to get the muscles to soften up. they have a tech do that usually, and it costs, idk, an extra $20 or something. I had one chiro once who was also an acupuncturist and would do that before a treatment. that wasn't top notch but worked ok I guess.

again, your mileage may vary and depending on where you live, it could get spendy. but then it may not.
>>
>>17399550

Thank you so much, anon. Pretty reasonable stuff. Yes, I'm aware that a neck / spinal injury takes multiple adjustments until the final result is achieved and has set in.

I know a very good chiropractor in my area and I'll book an appointment.

Thanks, once again, anon.
>>
>>17399579
no problem, glad to help. hope you are feeling better soon!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.