[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my gf and I had a string of fights this month. Things got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1440821895258.jpg (123KB, 423x349px) Image search: [Google]
1440821895258.jpg
123KB, 423x349px
So, my gf and I had a string of fights this month. Things got really weird. She confessed she was feeling a little ressenftul over the fights we had. The day before yesterday we talked and decided to leave it all behind us and move ahead. However, she:

>is still cold
>is still distant
>is still rude
>seems like nothing changed
>said she "didn't feel like" coming to my house this week
>yesterday I told her I loved her, she replied "same"
>acts like she absolutely despises me

On top of that, I'm dealing with the fact that I might be developing amnesia and she absolutely gives no shits. No support. Nothing. I feel TERRIBLE and like I'm still being punished for mistakes we both committed.

What do?
>>
>>17398728
Give her space. Girls take a long time to actually get over shit. Just because she said she'll stop bringing it up doesn't mean she's done with it. She can't just turn off the tide of emotions she has felt and bottled up over the last month.

So leave her alone. One of two things will happen": either she will get lonely and reach out to you, when her anger turns to sadness and loneliness, or she'll never get over it and she never contacts you and you can file it away as "broken up."

You're not making the situation better by pestering her. This is something some bitchy chicks do. She's a bad communicator and lets her emotions run her life. Nothing you can do about the way SHE is. Just the way you are. And that means shrugging her off for now and concentrating on yourself and your problems. She's not helping nor does she want to, so forget it. Work on your amnesia, however it is that you might do that. Lean on other people.
>>
>>17398728
Get another girl
>>
>>17398740
You're right in everything, however, I'd understand her if they were huge, important fights, but they weren't. In fact, most of the fights were about NOTHING. I mean, literally nothing. And out of 10 times we fought, 8 was because she cancelled plans in the same day they were supposed to happen or she was rude to me and I reacted. Still I apologized for everything from the bottom of my heart because I love her and don't want to be like that.

I feel like she's being petty, which in turn makes me ressent HER. And her overly cold behaviour creates an impulse in me to be overly clingy, which I hate.
>>
If I were you I wouldnt I wouldn't
>talk about your problems
>treat her as a lover
>give her all my attention or text back immediately
>send her long messages

Basically don't talk to her unless you really have to, and if you do, keep your texts short, sweet, and to the point and treat her like a friend. And hopefully >>17398740 will happen.
>>
>>17398753
Even more reason to leave her alone. The whole point of the exercise is acclimatizing yourself to the idea that she is gone. It shifts power back to you. She's trying to control the situation by ignoring you. Not okay. So in return, you wash your hands of the situation and walk away. Like I said, she'll either come running after you, or will accept that you are broken up. If she comes running back and apologizing, tell her she has to fix what she has done wrong or you don't want to continue. Likewise, fix whatever it is you may have done wrong. Remember that apologies are empty unless action is taken to rectify what you apologized for. Both sides have to do that.

Ultimately, your job now is to get into a mindset of "I'm single." You will be happier and feel more in power as a result. She doesn't control you. Relationships ADD to your life, they don't define it. You do you.
>>
>>17398773
We're not close to breaking up or anything, I don't think. I don't like to leave these things open to interpretation so I specifically asked her before we talked, "Do you have something terrible you wanna tell me?", she understood and said no. On top of that, we're going to see a movie friday, then lunch with her family saturday, and she's agreed to stop by my house monday.

Thing is, these dates feel like an eternity with the way she's being. She feels dead.
>>
>>17398728
>What do?

get another girl...
>>
>>17398728
This is tough because it could be a multitude of problems but women get through their problems by talking about them. Try to get her to talk about the issue until she gets everything out. You're going to have to be a bit playful here to get her to drop her guard and open up to you. Try to make her smirk or giggle and keep persisting on the issue. If she doesn't crack try another time. If she keeps cold I think it's time to end the relationship.
>>
>>17398728
Just ignore her. Women want guys to squirm, beg, and plead, because it shows them "we care." Many have been trained to this do this. If you try to reason with her, only do it once to show you do still care. After that, get on with your life. She'll come back when she's ready. If she doesn't, make sure the breakup is official before seeing other women.

Strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
>>
For fucks sake, for the LAST fucking time: We have not broken up nor has she expressed any intent to. She's incredibly forward, if she wanted to, she would've. We fought and she is ressentful. I came looking for advice on how to repair things and make the living situation better. I am not looking to end my serious relationship or find other women.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>17398728
Talk about it. She most likely feels overwhelmed by the relationship, in other words you should BOTH AGREE to break up. That's probably some issue she has, and she probably feels bad about this situation, making herself feel more and more overwhelmed.
Telling from my own experience.
>>
>>17398787
>become colder towards her yourself, she has to earn your affection too, so don't be afraid
>don't take her serious when she acts stupid over petty shit
>be patient
>don't cling to her
>>
>>17398728
Start hanging out with another chick. Either she'll try to get you back or you'll realize that it's over. It's a win-win.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.