[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in dire need of some legal advice. My dad wants to deposit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (154KB, 1138x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 1138x779px
I'm in dire need of some legal advice.
My dad wants to deposit close to 12,000 dollars into my back account from selling his car because he is in debt with the IRS and can't put money into his bank accounts without them taking it, I guess. He's doing it through CarMax and I guess they don't just write checks.
Is this okay or should I be worried? Won't this affect my taxes or something? He kept telling me not to worry and to just trust him, but he's a slippery mothetfucker and I can't help but think that he's trying to trick me into doing something stupid.
>>
It's basically fraud and you could get in shit for helping him
>>
>>17397930
since he told you he wants to commit tax evasion, then you would be an accomplice to his crime if you let him do that.
>>
>>17397936
He didn't explicity say it, as a matter of fact, when I mentioned his problems with the IRS, he didn't say a word. Fuck. We're going through tough times and he needs to sell his car in order to pay the rent, but I don't want to put myself on the line like this.
>>17397933
Fuck.
>>
>>17397930
hahaha

Do you think that much money is just going to go unnoticed by the IRS? Someone in that transaction is going to file that shit and it's going to get flagged automatically in their computers.

Trust me, they will know. Maybe not right away but when tax season rolls around and the other person files theirs you bet your ass it's going to get noticed.

The only way you could HOPE to do this is if you have the buyer in it as well. Even then, if your dad get's audited (which he will, cus hes already in shit) and someone starts digging around in his finances, notices the car is gone as well as the money, they will check family right away. So even if you got the buyer in it as well (extremely unlikely) it's simply a matter of time till they trace the money back to you.

Even if you set up some kind of elaborate moneygram or western union money transfer of CASH using multiple people sending and receiving to keep the money transfer amount low enough to go unnoticed... what kind of fucking retard would agree to that when purchasing A CAR. There is FAR too much paperwork involved.

This could have worked 30 years ago before databases but your dad is fucked now.

Pay your fucking taxes you piece of shit.
>>
Should have sold the car cash in hand. As soon as money goes on our put of an account it's being tracked.
>>
Quite easy, should have done cash
>>
>>17398116
>>17398149
are you niggers retarded?

His dad is already in shit. Hes already being scrutinized. Come time to file taxes, has to file bankruptcy, among a million other shit with the IRS and Bank under his known assets the largest one just IS GONE (which it isn't, because they will KNOW the title has been transferred) you bet your fucking ass they will want to know WHY.

What's his dad going to say? He just GAVE that guy the car? So then the IRS will go to the buy and say "Hey, you owe us taxes on that car." and what happens if he says "Already paid it. Here are the fucking papers and agreements."

So what are you going to do then? Say "Oh, he sold it for cheap" which NO ONE WILL believe and STILL be considered fraud.

THE ONLY WAY cash would have worked is if he wasn't already in deep shit. Even then...
>>
OP, if the IRS finds out that you're hiding money for your dad, they're going to seize your bank accounts too. They might do it anyway because they're like the mob: they want their money and they don't care who they have to steal it from. Going after family members is a good start.

You don't actually have to report the money on $12K. It's under the gift tax exclusion limit, and if it were over, your dad would be the one who had to file.

You do not owe sales/use tax on the vehicle sale. Whoever bought the car will need to make sure that's paid when the vehicle is registered, and that's a state matter. In this case, whoever CarMax sells it to will owe the sales/use tax (though CarMax will probably take care of the paperwork for the customer). Selling a used car does not need to be reported as income unless it's been sold for more than the purchase price (i.e. it's a capital gain) and that seems unlikely here.

Unless you admit that you're helping your dad hide money, my take on this (I am not a lawyer so don't rely on this) is that you're not doing anything that can be proved to be illegal. The IRS can still look at this and seize your bank accounts though. I'd probably tell your dad that you don't want to get involved in his shady shit.
>>
>>17397930
Tell your nigger father to pay the fucking taxes.
>>
>>17397930
Any transaction over $10,000 is automatically reported to the IRS. Do you normally have that much money moving around in your accounts? If not, this is a BAD IDEA
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Thanks for all you help, guys!
I ended up getting a migraine, presumably from worrying about this shit, and he ended up just leaving me alone to deal with it on his own. You guys are a godsend.
>>
>>17397930
Tell him to keep it in cash. It's way safer for everyone.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.