[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Match.com/eHarmony actually work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: oh shit its a woman.jpg (177KB, 600x864px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit its a woman.jpg
177KB, 600x864px
Just curious /adv/. I'm an average looking, straight 26 year old male in a largely suburban area north of Denver. Kinda geeky, kinda shy. I've toyed with OkC and PoF but responses are exceedingly low. Am actually looking for a relationship, not some pointless hook-up.

Do any other (preferably male) anons have experience with online dating sites? Are paid ones worth it? Is the response rate better or still terrible? What advice can you give me?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: Jughead-in-Love.jpg (152KB, 700x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Jughead-in-Love.jpg
152KB, 700x1077px
My personal experience is that eHarmony sucks, Match is ok, but OkCupid is awesome.
>>
>>17397064
Obviously, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business
>>
Aren't these dating sites just based on looks and super picky? I mean, if you have a literal list of possible people to talk with, aren't you just going to pick the absolute cream of the crop?
>>
>>17397236
No fucking shit. Why talk to someone unattractive when you can talk to someone attractive?
>>
File: 647955.jpg (72KB, 400x614px) Image search: [Google]
647955.jpg
72KB, 400x614px
>>17397236
OkCupid

>Answering questions that actually mean skmething.
>>
>>17397240
So what is even the point of online dating? You don't need it if you're successful offline and it doesn't work if you aren't.
>>
>>17397245
*something
>>
>>17397240
Says the fucktard who has never used a dating site.
>>
>>17397236
Dating Sites are the worst thing, only because Female accounts have the upper-hand, and are marketed more discounts to girls and such.

Guys on the other hand, theres billions of other lonely, bored, horny guys swoopong in with shitty lame pick up lines, autism, asking for nudes, asking for dates, etc. So do you feel that you can 'stand out' from the crowd and appeal her with your Looks/Hobbies? Thats basically all Dating Sites look for. How hot you are, and whethee or not your a sperglord or working a job.

I personally think its easier to hook up in real life, unless you are easily over a 7/10+, and at that least you must dress well and have a car.

But maybe you'll be lucky and find a chubby 6/10 looking for some dick to swallow up, so gamble away.
>>
>>17397260
So you're telling me there's no hope? Got it.
>>
Op here

>>17397260
Yeah, that was basically my point. From what I can tell, OkC and Pof seem to be flooded by douchenozzels who spam girls with "are you dtf" bullshit. I was wondering of paid sites were less horrible in that regard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.