[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tinder worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1452057916082.jpg (136KB, 768x758px) Image search: [Google]
1452057916082.jpg
136KB, 768x758px
Hi, I'm awful at meeting people, and I am wondering is tinder worth it? Any general tips/info I should know before I even touch it?

Pic Unrelated.
>>
It can't hurt.
>>
>>17397062
What are pros/cons, if any? Anything to look out for? I want input and information, quite honestly.
>>
>>17397060
Advice: none of it matters, message as many matches as you can and don't take it personally/give a fuck if they don't respond. It's a numbers game. Oh and like at least 50% of the girls you hear back from will be bots eager to hook up.
>>
>>17397066
Do you actually need facebook to use it? I dont have facebook, nor do I want it.
>>
I have it downloaded, but can't you not sign up unless you have a Facebook? What if I deleted mine?

I'd have to recreate it just to make another account on a different app? That's stupid.
>>
>>17397069
OP Here, I dont like facebook, if this is the case, it may be a dealbreaker. And if that is infact the case, what alternatives are there?
>>
>>17397067
I thought so, but I googled it and this came up. I did not read because I dont give that much of a shit, but you can read it I guess.

http://appamatix.com/use-tinder-without-facebook/

there were other articles, so I guess it is possible
>>
>>17397079
Looks like you need facebook to even make an account. Looks like I'm not going to do tinder.

What are alternatives?
>>
>>17397072
Honestly, not too many right now. We're in fad times again, where everyone's being as bland as possible and doing all the same shit. Feels like the 90's, except we were kids then, so we didn't care about sex.

To think, as a society, we've actually gotten past the need for relationships and social interaction and have a system for people go meet up and fuck when the urge arises and then just go back about your daily lives, taking selfies and hashtagging like robots. So fun.

Knowing that THAT is what we'd be going out, trying to "impress" for a bit of cuddle time is sickening for le stomach.
>>
>>17397072
I use okcupid, hooked up with a few girls I met on there, dated a few briefly. It was pretty easy to meet girls on there.
>>
>>17397088

I'm not even looking for a quick fuck, I'm actually trying to look for something long term, but I live in a pretty rural area, far away from civilization, and have zero friends around here. Lifes pretty boring desu, usually I'd fall back on friends to help me with this shit, but I dont have that here.

>>17397097
Mmkay, will look into that.
>>
>>17397097
On OkCupid only single moms and disgusting fat feminists respond to me, am I that ugly, unlucky or autistic?
>>
>>17397088
This

But also, OP, depends on your location and the type of people there. I live in suburban NY but there are surprisingly few active users on shit like tinder and meetme. I'm also a long haired dude and that's not the taste around here. Consider different apps for a serious relationship as well, tinder is for hookups, even if chicks try to lie and tell themselves it's not
>>
>>17397108
Not really, have you read their profiles? They're all insane, they're probably being entirely too selective for the lardasses they are. If you're in NY you should see my local matches, it's a fucking joke. Barely any white girls, and the ones there are are snooty art school Starbucks bitches who probably take 5 BBCs on the weekend as a hobby
>>
>>17397108

Hopefully I wouldnt have that issue, I'm 6'4 and not a fat fuck, so I shouldnt have that bad of luck.

>>17397114

I'd kill to be within an hour of a small suburban area, holy crap.
>>
>>17397102
Well, Tinder is the Netflix and chill app, so don't use it for relationship searching. My sister currently recommends okcupid, but she's a short, pudgy little feminist. At least she doesn't do the stupid haircuts. Trying her best currently to drop all that shit so a guy will actually like her.

Fuck me, though. I don't want to join the dating site my sister is on.
>>
File: 0110 - 4CvnAKj.jpg (95KB, 735x660px) Image search: [Google]
0110 - 4CvnAKj.jpg
95KB, 735x660px
>>17397124

All these reports of feminists on okcupid are bothering me.

>be me
>recently move to middle of bumfuck nowhere
>tfw literally know nobody, no friends no family
>tfw just want a qt3.14 to be around and maybe fuck eventually

Also good to know that about tinder, that alone is good enough reason to avoid it for me. I've never been big into social media (infact, I detest it) so this is a first time hearing 'bout this crap for me.
>>
>>17397124
I feel for you homie. No matter how many commercials they pump out trying to claim it's all normal it's just a bloated shitfest for narcissists to meet other toxic people

>>17397122
The thing about tinder too is they recently put out an update a half year ago that changed a lot of stuff, there used to be a snapchat like feature called moments which let you get nudes ayy lmao but seriously, also to reignite convos with past matches, they also removed the ability to see how recently active a chick was, and they always change their algorithm which rates your attractiveness, which determines who you're shown to. If you're going to use tinder, buying the premium version is ideal because unlimited matches and a handful of super matches, one of the best if not sometimes only ways to guarantee you're even seen let alone matched. Then there's the subtle and intricate dynamics of having a successful convo that leads to a date or fuck, and how it varies for each chick...

Tinder is a fucking science dude
>>
>>17397137

Man, that makes me not wanna touch tinder even more.
>>
So, being honest, what should I do here? At the very least, I wanna get my foot in the door socially, but it seems to me like my options are pretty slim.
>>
>>17397172
Check out okc, yeah there are a lot of femicunts, single moms, and fat chicks; can't deny that. but it's free and doesn't cost anything to get started. If you don't like it then ditch it.

Other than that find out where people gather where you live, yeah it might be bumfuck nowhere but I bet there are at least some dive bars, hiking trails, bookstores etc where you might be able to meet people. Gotta at least attempt to adapt to the local culture a bit even if it's total garbage.
>>
>>17397213
mmkay
>>
>>17397114
You say "this" 'cus were in the same boat. Literally. I'm in the Bronx, Throggsneck specifically, and the median age here is 40. Everyone is either old with kids, or they're the kids. Long hair doesn't do it here anymore unless you're willing to do the man-bun. Had to cut mine cus of that, and I refuse to do the buzz cut like 90% of these guys.

>>17397122
I'd be wary of that wish. The cookie cutter desire out here is real, and if you don't fit one of maybe 3 specific looks, you're not even going to get looked at. Other New York guy, back me up here. We have:
>1. Chubby guy, buzz cut, trimmed beard, snap back, traffic t, baggy jeans, wristwatch, Jordans
>2. Tall, man-bun, sideburns and back of head shaped up, shades, black v-neck, sagged skinny jeans, necklace, Nikes
>3. Print sweatshirt, multiple necklaces, fitted sitting on top of head, timberlands, chin line beard
>>
>>17397231
Nassau county here

it's not quite the judgment for my hair, i could give a shit, i've been growing it for several years now - it's the fact that for having some of the whitest, richest towns in the country, nassau (and the cultural spillover into queens) has some of the dumbest fucking bitches man, they're all guido-esque, no ass having, stuck up as all hell chicks. if they're not busted-ass boring basic bitch normies, they're 'green armpit hair'-tier SJW types with a mean spite for pretty much everyone who doesn't kiss their ass.

The ghetto culture is particularly prevalent here, too, so i know what you mean, shit pisses me off. for a span of like 30-40 miles with so many people, you find the same kinds of guys

and fuck a man bun, thats got to be the dumbest shit you can do with long hair
>>
>>17397231
that sounds a bit more city/boroughs esque but can confirm

long island has a lovely assortment of:

>1. trashy single moms who spam facebook with terrible, terrible statuses implying they're starved for attention who are essentially white/spanish mixes with dark circles under their eyes from the excessive drinking they do to cope with having been 16 and pregnant

>2. color haired scene girls (and guys i suppose but this is coming from a male perspective so sticking to chicks) who, unlike scene girls from places like Cali, share the same stuck-up attitude as the rest of NY-ers, losing all of the charm, because they're essentially glorified rainbow basic bitches who happen to have horrible taste in music and either sleep around past any acceptable level or are prudes to the extent that a dick would save their lives

>3. blonde hair, tan or would-be tan if they aren't jewish/irish chicks with these plump, smiley cheekbones coupled with the worst case of resting bitch-face you've ever seen, typically seen wearing pants that you can assume they think they have an ass for wearing, and they dont, or pink rolled up sweatpants, they can be found gathered like geese at random "car shows" (aka long island meatheads parking their shitty black-windowed honda civic in a grocery store parking lot)

>4. feminists with literally no personality: let me elaborate - if you're unfortunate enough to get stuck with a feminist pretty much anywhere else, at least they're somewhat artistic and besides their triggered attitudes, are at least uniquely bitchy when compared to other women. Here, on the island, they essentially became that way because they were boring beforehand, and decided to sponge up just the worst traits that define being a SJW, so that the only thing they emulate is the offendedness and none of the actual passion or outcast humor or charm the others might have

I could honestly go on.
>>
>>17397062
>Kidnapping and bdsm rape dungeons
>>
>>17397060
It works and it works well. I'm by no means a Chad but I still scored fairly well. Just make yourself look somewhat interesting. Post pictures of yourself with friends, dogs, whatever. No bathroom selfies unless you're chad. Keep your bio short, witty and original. Show off your good sides. If you're tall, post pictures of yourself with some females next to you, if you have pretty eyes, post them etc.
>>17397067
Just make a new account, grab a few pictures of jailbait or some other hot bitch in her late teens, befriend one or two curries on facebook and wait for the next 200+ curries and pakis to befriend you. The number of friends apparently matters in tinder's ranking system.
>>17397108
So what? You can still fuck them.
>>
>>17397560
>>17397579
I don't know why, but I wish we could have a thread about posts specifically like this: warnings of the people-types to an area. Definitely would come in handy for the people who travel a lot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.