[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What mental disorder do I have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1453954136689.png (715KB, 599x652px) Image search: [Google]
1453954136689.png
715KB, 599x652px
When I was little, I would get overly excited about things and shake my hands around and make weird noises. When I was about 7, I figured out I could channel this and not spaz out so much by shaking a cooking utensil like a large spoon, then I would walk around imagining stuff while shaking the spoon until I calmed down. I only did this at home, and I was always made fun of by my family for doing it. I always thought I would stop when I was older, but I was still doing it in my teens, I had just switched to smaller pens and colored pencils and I made sure I did it away from my family. I also started listening to music when I did it, and that made it so I was even better able to focus on what I was thinking about. Whenever my family caught me doing it in my teens, they wouldn't make fun of me. They would just give me a horrified wtf face, and leave the room without saying anything. Now I'm in college, and I still do this daily. I always feel this strong urge to do it, but I can control it until I'm alone. Aside from all that, my social skills are subpar, and I have mild anxiety. Wtf is wrong with me?
>>
>>17396723
meme syndrom get elp immeadiadly
>>
>>17396723
Autism
>>
>>17396723
If you've got headphones in, maybe you could pretend like you're playing the drums. Or, you could funnel your energy into playing a percussion instrument. If people with tourette syndrome can get a handle on their ticks by channeling their energy into playing the drums, maybe you can too.

I'm not saying you have tourette's. It may just be some quirk of getting stressed.
>>
>>17396723
It could be very high functioning autism or just a personal coping mechanism, but in any case don't worry about it.

Look around you and you'll see lots of people with help-me-think habits, from tapping their fingers to humming to tapping their feet to talking to themselves or whatever.

It might be mildly embarrassing when someone spots you doing it, but that's the worst of it.
>>
Sounds like some old maybe. How do you feel when you get the urge to do this but you resist it? Youre in college so go to your campus health center and see what kind of mental health services they have
>>
>>17397598
Ocd
>>
Me and my brother are both very similar to this except we spaz out when we get excited by something.

As a kid he'd jump up and down very fast with a very wide mouth and scrunched up face when playing with his trains or something. As a teenager I'd here his bed going fucking mental for the same durations when paying Xbox.

As for myself I put my hand(s) on the back of my head and muffle my hair ridiculously crazily when im excited. Nowadays when big happenings occur. As a child I guess at shit that made kids excited like catching a legendary Pokemon or whatever
>>
My roommate is kind of like this. When he gets frustrated, he aggressively rubs his nose with his entire hand and sometimes he doesn't even realize it. I would just assume you (and him, for that matter) just have some weird tick.
>>
>>17398425
Yea, sounds more like a tick than a disorder. I really think that OP should contact a professional if they're worried about it rather than asking anons on 4chan
>>
>>17396723
Whatever works for you is fine. Better than being pumped full or drugs or drink to distraction. Actually applaud you for figuring out how to manage this on your own
>>
>>17396723
>hand flapping
>making odd noises

sounds a whole lot like autism to me anon

I only have mild autism, but I still get the urge to flap my hands
I ended up tapping with my fingers instead because people thought it was less unusual

first they thought I had ADHD because that was the diagnostic craze at the time, back then only low function autism was recognized

go see a shrink, it only takes a few sesions to get a diagnosis most off the time
after you do that you can be sure what you are up against and things become much more manageable
>>
Sounds like it might be OCD. You have anxiety and the only way for you get rid of it is by doing that action.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.