[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was fired and now am being denied unemployment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1469583912553.png (2MB, 1677x2132px) Image search: [Google]
1469583912553.png
2MB, 1677x2132px
Never been through this process and just looking for some advice. I have a "fact finding" interview where I will be on the line with an HR rep from my old job and somebody from the unemployment office.

I'm told within a day of the interview they'll make a final decision. Just looking for advice on what to say or not say. And what I should be wary of.

In the state of Iowa if that helps or changes things.
>>
Why were you fired?
>>
>>17396661
They said I wasn't good at the job. I'll paraphase, "...only 2% of the population is good at this kind of work, so you really shouldn't feel bad about this...you've made great amounts of effort and hard work towards this job, but it hasn't come easy to you and I think you would agree with that..."

Made small mistakes and while nothing bad could have or did occur due to them, in the future, they could have lead to large mistakes. And so they let me go due to the possibility that I might mess up in the future.
>>
>>17396685
What kind of job was this?

You just need to claim that you weren't fired for cause/gross incompetence. They are going to argue that those small mistakes were big ones and you were fired for cause. Do you have good performance reviews that you could use? Not looking at Iowa specific laws, but I would say research them and try to use that information to help you.
>>
>>17396728
It was public safety related. So small mistake can turn into giant ones fast. However, I can easily say that none would ever be gross incompetence. I don't know what you meant by "cause" specifically, but from my understand it was small mistakes over time and they didn't want to risk any future liabilities.

I'll start looking up Iowa specific laws, thanks.

I have good and poor reviews. Most recent are all favorable. Poor ones are from, I want to say, ten months ago. I don't have access to them though, they were all stored on my work email which was disabled.
>>
>>17396744
Yeah too bad, first thing to do would have been to save those reviews so you could use them, but you probably didn't see this coming.

Depends on the state, but unemployment usually works like this: If you were fired for a good reason (Negligence, coming into work drunk, exposing your flaccid penis to co-workers) You have been fired for cause and are usually not likely to get benefits. If you were laid off or let go due to downsizing you get benefits. You'll argue that you have had good performance reviews, you were let go because the employer thought you were a bad fit, they said so themselves, not due to anything that was negligent or incompetent. You didn't do anything to deserve being fired basically.
>>
>>17396657
I hope you have parents and money. I'm excited because I haven't felt empathy for someone like this, I have my papa and his fat bank to support me. I'm not joking, do you have support? How do you even survive with no job, no unemployment, no parents and (you're probably young, so) no savings?

I would think you'd have to be homeless or kill yourself with cyanide. Your thread makes me feel like this is the great depression only you're not even allowed as much freedom like back then being homeless there was a lot of options.

I just wish I could help but can't, don't know how to.
>>
>>17396761
Yeah. I thought I was doing that well too, but I didn't imagine I would lose access to my work email address. Especially immediately after being fired.

Thank you for the advice.

>>17396772
Thanks, but no need for concern. Family is dead, sadly. But I'm older. And have enough in the bank to live comfortably for a while.
>>
>>17396857
IF you have enough money, here's what Id do:
get trade or
get a ITT tech job like programmer or
become a nurse

but don't waste your time, run out of money without any training.
>>
>>17396744
>It was public safety related
why not just tell us what your actual fucking job was
>>
You might not have the rep show at all. I remember I worked at Lenscrafters and they did some weird shit and denied me unemployment. They scheduled a fact finding interview with the LC lawyers and the managers at work with the unemployment people. I automatically won when because the managers didn't get on the call. It was at 7 in the morning.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.