[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let go from my internship, no job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1385256731298.jpg (57KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1385256731298.jpg
57KB, 500x324px
I'm a credit intern at a local bank, and my internship is letting me go because I am not enjoying the job. I want to move out of my hometown and go to a bigger city and work for a bigger company, and my employer knew that.

They wanted to offer me the job, but I imagine they knew I would turn it down. I am being let go from my position next month. I have nothing lined up as of yet. I am worried this will affect my chances of getting a job in the future.

Right now, I feel alone.
>>
>>17396376
sorry it didn't work out. I don't think it will affect your chances of getting a job elsewhere though. if you have to list a reason why your internship ended, you can just say you needed more opportunities for growth than that position could provide you.

I get the feeling that's not the whole story though. I know these days one of the trends in business is to only have people working for you who are happy!!!!1!! :DDDD with their job (which, employers have always preferred that obviously, but I don't remember there ever being so many job ads where the employer specifically listed passion or enthusiasm as a job requirement as I have seen in the last few years). but I would still think that even an unhappy worker wouldn't get let go if they showed up, did a good job, and maintained a cheerful comportment. so am I right in assuming that your dissatisfaction was pretty obvious to them?
>>
>>17396376
Internships are seen as temporary, as long as you can get a good reference it's a plus for future employment.You have a month to start looking into new positions in different places. Seems like you're probably young, so it shouldn't be hard to start over.

Social media is all bullshit. All that shit is empty and artificial, what you see is what they want you to see.
>>
>>17396406
I did not think I was being obvious. I never complained about my work, I was always respectful, I even asked for more work/to help the analysts when I needed something different to do. It honestly just was not my cup of tea, and in the end I think that showed. I didn't skip work, I showed up on time, and I did give it a good effort.

And, I did tell them in the beginning I wanted an opportunity elsewhere. I let them know I wanted to do something different (corporate finance or working with equities).

>>17396427
I think I can get a good reference.
>>
Bump for anymore advice
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.