[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ever too late?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

>23
>spent 3 years in university funding around
>spent 4 years in the gym fucking around
>wasn't sober throughout most of high school
>got accepted to a new university
>I'll probably be with kids 6 years younger in my class
Is it even worth it at this point?
I'll be competing with people much younger for the same jobs and shit.
All my peers are starting their careers at this point, I'm still a fucking loser working at Walmart
>>
>>17395662
What are you majoring in?

As for the issue:

first of all 23 is not that old, people make career changes and go back to school much later than that and things work out okay.

Second, turn it in to a positive. What did you learn through your previous experiences? How do these experiences make you a better candidate than someone who is a few years younger, who haven't experienced the real world or failure yet? You've gone through some tough stuff and came out of it a better/stronger person. That is the attitude you should have.

If you are a good student, you do well in school, you seek out internships then you will be a strong candidate and the fact that you are at most 5-6 years older than other students won't mean much.
>>
>>17395662

>probably

That is your problem anon. Stop with the probably and what if thoughts. Live in the moment.

You're assuming everyone will be 17, however if you're three years in you definitely won't be in freshman classes.

I was 25, and started my 4th semester of college, my first semester at a real university. I met a guy that was 29 and only in school on the GI bill. I also was friends with an 18 year old couple. In other classes I made friends with a couple guys that were both 21. There is a wide range of ages, and in your twenties you really look no different than the teenagers and early twenty year olds you'll go to school with.

Most importantly stop worrying so much and just live your life.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.