[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a clown?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
Every social group I find myself in, from middle school, to high school, to college, to post-grad life, I end up being "that guy". It's fun to be silly and make jokes for me. When people just sit there and talk about boring shit like the weather or how many errands they ran that day I just want to jump off a bridge.

The problem is that this leads to people seeing me as a "clown" and overtime, I get taken less and less seriously until I have 0 respect in the group at all and I just peace out to find other people to hang with.

What do I need to fix?
>>
>>17395248

had a similar issue, not anymore.

first and foremost, stand the fuck up for yourself. one of my friends started referring to me as a female cuz he thought it'd be funny. by joke three i said 'call me a female again, and I'll hurt you'. he said 'geeze, sorry birthday girl' so i elbowed him. laughed and called me 'christina' (names christopher) so i whacked him hard in the face with a gallon of water. hasn't called me a female since.

when it comes to jokes think about the joke before you say it. is it
>self deprication? dont do it. even if saying 'i have a big penis' doesn't sound like self depreciation, it very much can be cuz you're reducing yourself to sex jokes.

>clever? do it. clever jokes, play on words, etc. tend to go over pretty well. you arent seen as a clown, you are seen as a comic.

>really that funny? if it is, go for it. but heres a tip: if the joke is essentially 'so bad its funny' then its not funny at all. dont do it. dont be like 'HAHAH I MADE A BAD PUN, THATS THE JOKE LOLOLOL'

make sure you avoid the following
>your mom
>thats not what your gf said last night
>thats what she said

those kind of simple things.

now you are probably thinking
>ugh norma conversation is boring

try to guide conversation. you will figure out who is actually worth hanging out with, and who is not. this isnt tos ay you are better or they are better, but rather some people simply cannot mesh, and being a clown is an easy way to gain that acceptance. you dont need the acceptance.

try to guide the conversation, be a leader and those interested in you will follow.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.