[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

been invited out to the pub by a friend, not too used to how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84KB, 500x500px
been invited out to the pub by a friend, not too used to how ordering drinks works. What are some normal drinks that people buy on a night out? Obviously I'm fine with the beers and ales, but can you get stuff like JD/Coke in the form of shots? How do you ask for shots? Legit explain like I'm five.
>>
>>17394756

Ordering memey shots makes you look like a doofus.

Stick with beer. Don't do shots with girls, ever, because you'll probably end up getting a disease from them. Always make sure you have a safe way home, and do not get trashed in a bar (safety hazard).
>>
>>17394767
what's a memey shot and what's an acceptable shot?
>>
>>17394756
Why JD/Coke in shots? Can't you ask for like a "rum and coke" and they'll go "is Pepsi ok" and you grunt, and they pour it in a glass for you, and you pay 8 quid and like it?

Stupid shit I order when I'm out around pubs with guys and pisses everyone off but they still do it (note: I have bad social anxiety, so I'm awkward, and femanon if that's relevant (guys tend to stick with bitter ales which are too 'iron-y' for me)):

- Rum and coke
- Gin and tonic
- Pimm's (if it's summer and they do it)
- fairly normal shit so far
- Bloody-Mary-but-with-gin-instead-of-vodka-make-sure-you-ask-cos-I-hate-vodka-please-here's-a-tenner
- Jamaican Mule (cue "wtf is that?" look) white rum and ginger beer (do u mean ginger ale?) w/e I'll have a cider instead
- Desperados but do you do the red one? Ok nvm
- Corona. Yea the bottle. K thanks.
- Who the fuck still does jagerbombs? Oh, ironically? Yeah I'm down.
>>
>JD/Coke in the form of shots
No

Why not order a normal sized JD/Coke
>because JD sucks

Try a Cuba Libre (rum and coke, I'd go for a dark rum)
If you'd prefer whiskey, order a Whiskey Sour or something.

Just try something, or ask the barkeep to suggest something, with a spirit of your choosing.

You got vodka, gin, tequila, rum, whiskey/bourbon - those are the most common once to build drinks from.
>>
>>17394756
See what their specials are.. some bars have deals on certain nights. Come up to the bar and wave over the bartender In a friendly manner. Ask for the drink as its name on the menu. Leave tips
>>
>>17394813
> Leave tips

Depends on where you are in the world. In the UK, it's not really custom to tip bar staff, if anything it's awkward for them. That's in a pub, anyway, idk about bar/cocktail type places.
>>
>>17394756
Order beers. If they have something you like, stick with that, otherwise get something on tap. Cycle through if you need to. Don't order a cocktail, unless its something like Jack and Coke or a rocks drink, its a pain in the ass for the bartender. If you must order shots, order straight whiskey, if that doesn't appeal to you, then avoid shots.

Also, its a pub, don't get loud and obnoxious.
>>
>>17394808
>Corona.
Fucking fuck thats disgusting.
>jagerbombs
In my day we just did shots of Jaeger then got in a fist fight with the coke dealer over him shorting us on an eight ball.
>>
Stick to beer, and if the group is doing shots, don't be a loser, unless you can't hold your liquor, or think you'd be unable to drive if you don't have a DD.
>>
Thanks guys - what I'm ascertaining is to stick to the beers and ales, and not get too carried away with the shots. How would I ask for a shot of whiskey? Just say "shot of whiskey please"?

Is a vodka and coke too feminine?
>>
>>17394845

I'm OP behind >>17394808

> Fucking fuck thats disgusting.
Yes. I panic and it's usually the first thing they have on display behind them so I blurt it out and live with my shitty beer-flavoured-soda decisions later.

> In my day we just did shots of Jaeger then got in a fist fight with the coke dealer over him shorting us on an eight ball.

lmao
>>
>>17394856
Why panic? They're there to serve you a drink. Wave them off until you've read the taps and gotten a look at the bottles, then tell them what you want.

I worked in a bar for 5 years back in my 20s. I've never heard a bartender bitch about someone waiting until they knew what they wanted to order a drink. Just don't make it too complicated unless its a place that specialized in cocktails and you'll be fine.

Its the falling down drunk girls, the guys looking for fights, and the people who want a muddled old fashioned with call spirits that bar staff hate. Everyone else is going to be treated well unless the bartender happens to be a prick.
>>
>>17394877
Nah, I know that rationally, I just struggle with mental health issues and it makes me incredibly on edge when I'm in outside-comfort-zone situations.

Plus usually it's not me doing the order, one or two of the guys goes up on behalf of the group - they're the ones who get pissy half the time.
>>
>>17394890
Ahh, that can be a bitch. The years spent bouncing a biker bar tend to make me pretty on edge when I'm in a new bar until I've had a couple of drinks, so I get it.

Could you do a quick swing past the bar when you get to the pub just to check things out and prep? My wife is always making fun of me for scouting like that that.
>>
I once had a sambuka in a Wetherspoons and promptly vomited, as it was far too sweet for me. Is a sambuka a fabled "girls drink"?
>>
>>17394856
>i'm OP behind
I want reddit to leave.
>>
>>17394852
When you ask for any alcoholic drink, you should specify the brand, e.g. "shot of Jack please". If you don't specify, the bartender will ask you, to which you can tell them a brand or say "well"/"house", which means they'll give you the cheapest alcohol available. If they don't ask, or if you say you don't care what brand, then they're assuming you want the cheapest alcohol.

>>17394852
Nobody cares.
>>
>>17394852
>is vodka feminine?
Are Russians feminine?
>>
>>17394852

Someone answered the first question.

Vodka is a lighter (by taste) alcohol and is typically mixed with lighter components. Fruit juices, tonic, soda/seltzer, sprite.

Vodka coke isn't a femenine drink, it's really a stupid drink. If you want a drink with coke in it, order whiskey and coke.

Vodka: order with juices, soda, or tonic.
Whiskey/bourbon: with coke, ginger ale, or on the rocks.
Gin: Tonic
Rum: Coke
Tequila: margarita (don't be a douche and order frozen, order on the rocks), or just straight shots.
>>
>>17394808
Shut up Al, I recognize that syntax anywhere.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.