[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie Hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sweating_pepe.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
sweating_pepe.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
Girls sometime ask me "Anon, what are your favorite hobbies/books/music/tv shows/music." You gotta help me, I need a list of normie things that generic, young adults are into so I can pretend to be into them. Right now I'm chasing women away with my true answers of, "Anime, vidya, shitposting on 4chan, and jerking off to cartoon girls." Help me /adv/.
>>
>>17394389
playing sports
going out with your friends
banging hot chicks
>>
>>17394389
>Right now I'm chasing women away with my true answers of, "Anime, vidya, shitposting on 4chan, and jerking off to cartoon girls."
No, you're pushing them away with your true answer of "consuming Japanese mass media, consuming Japanese mass media, consuming Japanese mass media, and consuming Japanese mass media".

See the difference? Every interest you write down is too easily mistaken for all of the others, and so you cone off as obsessive. There is nothing wrong with consuming Japanese mass media, but you sound like you do that and nothing else. Obsession pushes women away, no matter what the actual target of the obsession is.

You don't need new interests, OP. You just need more interests: ones that have nothing to do with Japanese mass media (since you already have that covered). Almost anything will do, as long as you aren't pulling the wings off small woodland creatures or anything. It is not the individual things we do, but the combinations of things we do, that make us interesting or not.
>>
When someone asks me what I do in my spare time I always say I like reading and watching fantasy, playing videogames, programming and working out. It's true too, although I leave out the part about perverted chinese cartoons and shitposting on imageboards for autists.

It does sound really nerdy, but I found that noways not that many people are turned off by this kind of stuff (I guess that could be different in your area) and then again, why would I want to interact with people who share none of my interests? I mean, if you want the normiest of things, you can say stuff like sports, jogging, lifting, dancing, traveling etc. but it would be an obvious lie most of the time and it won't help you impress anyone. The best thing to do is to just talk about your actual hobbies but tone it down a little so it seems socially acceptable. Again, why would you want to interact with people who have nothing in common with you? It won't make you feel better.

So basically jst bi yorslf xDDD
>>
>>17394389
Jesus I hope you dont answer like that.

Jogging, reading, tv programs like got, cinema off the top of my head. Stop using the term normie, it just makes you feel alienated. You are normal too, just need to tweak how you present yourself.
>>
>>17394389
Just talk about whatever is popular on television, throw in some fitness stuff, and how you got wasted at the club.

It's okay to lie.
>>
>hobbies
not totally necessary, you can blend in with normies without having a hobby. If all else fails try to find something common that both you and the person you're talking to are bad at, like cooking or something. "I've been learning a little about cars lately but to be honest I could barely replace an air filter on my own." Substitute a hobby with some kind of gradual life improvement and that'll be more than enough to talk about and move on.

>Books
Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, basically anything with a somewhat recent screen adaptation. I hear John Green is popular with the kids these days too.

>TV shows
Comic book drama shows, Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black
>>
I'm into music like Peter Sotos and love books like those by Cioran, Zappfe, Ligotti, the list goes on.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.