[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck is wrong with my dad (rant)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1286.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1286.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Hi everyone, hope you're doing well tonight. This is your typical son-dad issues.
So I know I have it a lot better than most people, with single mothers (though I grew up in a divorced) no dad or alcoholic / abusive fathers, but I guess the saying is true that orphans grow up better than shitty parenting because it's easier to deal with nothing than something bad.
It just hit me, and it makes me so mad, even though I know I shouldn't give a fuck at all, like I usually do, but the problems are so simple that I find it hard to even comprehend how it's possible.
I'm not that shitty of a son, either. I'm certainly not perfect, and I fail a lot, but for going to a really great engineering school, future entrepreneur , and sort of actually building a social life over the past year (18 almost 19 currently), and since his Stepsons who he pretty much raised were far worse than me at my age, I'm still perplexed.
He did stuff with me when I was a kid. That was nice, but then, during and after middle school, that's when everything went downhill (although our relationship is on good terms, but since it's more apathetic who really gives a shit)
Just some background on the guy, since he rarely tells me anything about himself
>Palestinian, born in Lebanon and lived through the civil war
>his dad was pretty much non existent. He was there , but mainly made sure the family was alive in terms of monetary needs.
>Had polio as a kid. Can walk, but def probably sucked at sports and was made fun of
>player in college, fucked loads of women
>left to USA, become semi-wealthy entrepreneur and dentist , good 10 million probably in net worth , but almost a complete loner
>knows he does some philanthropy stuff on the d l that he never talks to me about
(1/4). I don't remember 4chan's text limit being this fucking small.
>>
>>17393538
Here's where the issue comes in. I was having some dinner with some friends last night and my dad came in to get some food from some place, not even a friend but an acquaintance somehow knew my dad (think a friend who works them told him) and they have like a 10 min conversation while he played lots of jokes.
Sounds like nothing right. Well, it's everything! 10 mins! When I stay there for a fucking whole weekend, we probably talk to each in for less than a whole 10 mins combined , and here he is spilling out details to some nobody (to him)! He doesn't do any sorts of those jokes I hear hes famed for either!
I remember when I was on vacation, I talked to him via text and during it he said he liked having the conversation with me and we should do it more often. More often? Fuck you! You had a whole 6 years to talk to me, you made fun of me and forced me into sports even though I didn't like it, got mad that I was bad and never taught me anything, even manly things, and when I did join sports you never showed up to any games, or cared to ask anything about me ! Like how I was, or what I was doing, who I was interested in, or anything about my fucking music or flute.
>>
>>17393541
The dude pretty much expects me to be my own fucking dad cause he didn't have one. Hello, I'm 18 years old, that's not my fucking job. to know how life works and excel at it the first time with NO EXPERIENCE at all or being taught by anyone.
Not only that, he's one of the most fucking rude people you will ever speak too. Sure, when he's outside he's nice to everyone, but behind closed doors, he shows no qualms with cutting me off mid story if he deems something else is important, doesn't apologize for cutting me off, and doesn't even care to ask me to continue, NOT ONCE. It's not even enjoyable to talk to him. (1/2)
He once told me that if I don't see him as my father at least see him as my friend (something like that, I don't even remember the context). Friend? Fuck you! I don't want a fucking friend, I want a dad who gives a shit about the things I do, who at least pretends to care, and helps me make my life easier, not just some fucking monetary support. I don't give a damn about money.

I find comfort in the fact when I grow older, I will be more successful than them, both money wise and relationship wise. I'll have a wife whose a good mother to our children, never divorce, and actually give a shit about my kids's life. I do it for myself, but I also do it to show how pathetic of an excuse their "lives" are. The best form of revenge is to not imitate - Marcus Aurleius.
(3/3)
>>
>>17393538
bump
>>
im glad you seem to be motivating yourself to be a good father, but have you tried talking to him about your feelings?
>>
>>17393627
More or less , and he was response was to sarcastically make fun of me if I brought up small things like clothing , shaving , sports , stuff I would imagine a dad would at least teach to his son that I wasn't there when he I learn to tie my
Shoelaces , and for big things that he's not as terrible as my mom (which is not that hard to accomplish , by the way) so that I should be "fair" to him and basically not criticize him at all, yet he holds me to an unbelievably high standard.
>>
>>17393538
>>17393541
>>17393544
>>17394474

Have daddy issues as well.

>I find comfort in the fact when I grow older, I will be more successful than them, both money wise and relationship wise. I'll have a wife whose a good mother to our children, never divorce, and actually give a shit about my kids's life. I do it for myself, but I also do it to show how pathetic of an excuse their "lives" are. The best form of revenge is to not imitate - Marcus Aurleius.

If we do that, we remain children. Because children treat their fathers like gods, either believing them completely and doing what they ask or doing something completely opposite, rebelling. These are two sides of the same coin.

If you want to be free of your father, accept that he is just a man who lives as best as he was conditioned to be. If he is unable to express how he loves you the way you need it, you have to be a grown man and find for yourself the love you need. Elsewhere. Don't spend your life chasing him to gain his approval by either doing what he wants or trying to prove him wrong. Find your own way.

>He once told me that if I don't see him as my father at least see him as my friend (something like that, I don't even remember the context).

He's right on point, but it doesn't mean he was a good friend to you.
>>
>>17394577
I know my post makes it seem like my father torments me , but it's really not that way . In fact, I rarely ever think about him or my mother at all if I don't have too. I try to live my life free of their ghosts of the past . It's just that when little things happen like this I remember what a fucking terrible friend he has been, because I think all the things he do would be so easy to fix . Then, the next day, I don't even think about it anymore just like today. I just keep marching forward and hope they leave me alone when I need to be left alone .
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.