[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lack of Loneliness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1465951374914.jpg (395KB, 1006x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1465951374914.jpg
395KB, 1006x1026px
Seeing as this is basically a relationshit board, I figured I'd ask as someone from the other side of the equation:

Anyone else never really get this "lonely" feeling everyone always talks about? I mean, I have my parents and my siblings, I have friends and coworkers, hell just look at this miracle we call the internet. I can talk to people from around the world about specific interests I have that I may never find someone irl who shares that interest. All for free (excluding the cost of the internet itself I mean). I can play games with people online and form relationships of mutual respect through skill. Honestly several of my Steam friends are closer to me than people I have known and forgotten irl, to the point of even when I came back from being off of Steam for a few YEARS they remembered me and replied asking how my life was within the first day.

I just don't get it. I'm not autistic or anything either, I know that might be the go-to explanation, I'm actually sort of the opposite: I'm highly empathetic and feel other people's emotions to a degree. I have good social skills, if a stranger comes up to talk to me or I meet a new person I can naturally strike up a conversation with them without any problem. I have good manners and help people a lot, so I'm generally pretty popular wherever I go... basically I don't have any social problems. I'm not a basement dweller virgin or something. I also love flirting, but I've never really wanted a romantic relationship or felt "lonely". I like my freedom, in fact as I get older I've been working towards getting greater and greater degrees of freedom.

I guess what I'm asking though is, and maybe this is a bad place to ask considering the normal topics, but: any of you guys out there never feel "lonely"? I don't know whether to think of myself as lucky, weird, or both. Seems uncommon, but at least it allows me to do what I want and not be dependent on anyone. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17393229
More people feel lonely than we tend to think.

I've gone through times where I felt like Mr Popular and times where I was just walking around by myself, and times where I felt terrible. Life changes.
>>
File: 1447700662111.jpg (167KB, 575x357px) Image search: [Google]
1447700662111.jpg
167KB, 575x357px
I used to feel lonely all the time. Very lonely. I browsed /r9k/ daily, I'd get angry when I saw people socialize in public, etc. Not anymore. I just have two family members and one friend I talk to occasionally, and all of them live at least several hours away. Loneliness is a stupid memeotion
>>
I personally get bent out of shape if I don't get time alone. Like I need it. Some people if left all alone for a day feel hollow I guess. If the house is empty I sing and dance while I do laundry. I love it. I enjoy it.
>>
You have family and a network of social supports.

Makes a lot of sense that you're not lonely.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.