[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do college students do to meet people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1469324247925.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469324247925.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Besides living in a dorm?

I've heard people praise dorm life like its the only way to meet people and if you live off campus your perma fucked socially
>>
Depends a lot of the classes you take , take a serious class like math and your not gonna meet a lot of people , take an easy class that people take to get there general Ed out the way and you will find that its easier to talk to others in the class
>>
Organizations is where you meet people
>>
>>17393116
Does class size matter?

>>17393129
This is what I've been thinking lately
>>
>>17393071
I live off campus in my father's house and it was easy to make friends. Even if we have parties or some shit I can just crash at someones place and change clothes in my car.

My other friend also lives off campus with both his parents (and theyre really strict) and he also does fine socially.

It's all perception. Step up your game and just talk to people and you'll find friends, Anon. Also, out of state dorming people will love you if you have a car. Just don't get pigeon holed as designated driver.
>>
>>17393116
there were tons of people to talk to in the entry level maths.

>This shit is hard I hate it
>yeah I know I'd rather be (hobby)
>I like to (same or different hobby)

Or

>I'm only taking this for (career path)

Conversation started.
>>
>>17393293
any moar tips?
>>
>>17393071
Study groups
>>
Depending on your university, you literally have no excuse not to meet people. You either don't want to meet people or are socially inept. Hell the first couple weeks for new freshman are nothing but icebreaker stuff. But if you really have no idea how to meet people, try joining a club or organization. Greek life is easy mode as well. Shit, even can just start a study group for a class and make friends that way. Go to parties, anyone can go. Just be chill about it and don't look werid. Ask some people if they know anything going on tonight, ask if you could tag along and say your looking to make friends. This isn't rocket science
>>
>>17393636
basically planning on doing all that

how do I into greek life?
>>
>>17393497
Yeah, in general be cool and don't throttle forward into personal philosophy or your backstory.

For example, I made a friend who revealed recently to me that he's gay. He thought it was obvious but honestly I thought he was good company first, so I didn't think much of it and I still don't.

On the other hand, another acquaintance of mine led off with "I'm autistic". Not that I hate the guy but every time I talk with him that's the first thing I tend to remember and I have to restructure the conversation accordingly.

Go to club fairs and see what you like. I'm actually not in any big clubs or anything currently but I have this small natural assembly of good friends.
>>
>>17393767
Check out fraternity events during rush week. They usually look for new members during certain time periods, keep an eye out for any flyers or bulletins. If your really intrested, be sure to check each fraternity out before you pledge. You might not like the members or what they stand for, they're all diffrent but we all like to have fun and party
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.