[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (221KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221KB, 800x599px
The idea of having a soulmate is bullshit. Raising a nuclear family and working 60 hrs/week at middle management with a far white, spoiled kids, a rotting picket fence and an autistic dog is bullshit- so I have no plans on looking for "the one" or pursuing relationships out of sheer boredom, I gave up on a lot of my childhood dreams (to be an artist or a cool designer in the entertainment industry, too much cronyism, nepotism, sucking up and psychopaths in that industry, not worth it) or be a division 1 athlete (sucked at sports I had no talents in, didn't start sports I actually have talents in until like a year ago and I'm 23).

I have sex infrequently, but I'm tired of girls. My job is supremely mediocre, but it pays the bills.

I pushed really hard to graduate, get a job, sex a bunch of women, lift, fight my inner demons and I've reached a point where I just don't... Care about life anymore. I'm not religious so I don't believe in going to heaven or hell when I die, honestly it feels like I'm in hell already some days.

Once I've realized the fantasy of living happily ever after with pure hard work and determination was just a fantasy, I've become hollow and apathetic what should I live for? Why do I continue to live?
>>
Become an ubermensch, live the Apollonian dream, etc.
>>
>>17393022
But why?
>>
>>17393027
Why not
>>
>>17393020
This is /adv/. Ask a question that can be answered. No one here has the answer for the meaning of your life or ours.
>>
I like to think that the afterlife is far worse than living so I might as well live as long as I can ( I'm don't believe in a religion btw)
>>
Why do all you kids think you have to work 60 hours a week or that just working in general means being a wageslave/wagecuck thus making life horrible.

I don't know how adverse you are to working but just the way you stated it first just irks me because everyone on here gripes about having to work, and it seems to have a major impact on their outlook on life and/or the meaning of life. Not to mention it incredibly hinders their opportunities in life but they're too ignorant to realize it and would rather just call me a wageslave...It's just a part of life. There's so much more to it, which it seems you are already discrediting. Just enjoy life the way you want to. You don't have to live some cookie cutter life. Do whatever the fuck you want, but you will need to make money, so you might want to rethink that whole job thing. They're not all horrible. They're never great but you find a good middle ground. Everything else will come along in time.

Fight me NEET faggots.
>>
>>17393053
Dude we all watched the boomers BITCH NONSTOP about their jobs for the entirety of our lives.

Nagging wives/mothers, obesity and diabetes, hours at the office, being miserable and bitching when you get home, yadda yadda yadda

Yeah the middle/upper-middle class lifestyle looks like complete fucking shit.
>>
>>17393102
so naturally people are going to dread the 60+ hour spreadsheet monkey lifestyle. We watched our parents get fucked up by it.
>>
>>17393102
>>17393105
Man dad worked construction his whole life and it was back breaking work with horrible hours. It drove him to become an alcoholic. We were lower-middle class. Yeah I watched that growing up. I worked construction for awhile and I've managed kitchens. I've done the 60+ hour work weeks. I did it for years. I was fucking miserable and I seriously hated life and the routine. Yeah they're awful, but you know what I did? I got tired of it and I strove for something better. Now I work a comfy job. I never work more than 40 hours a week. I have more time to focus on what makes me happy. Jobs are only a small part of your life, and face it, nearly everyone has to work to make a living.

The sooner you quit bitching about having to work and actually try hard to get a job you're comfortable with the sooner you'll realize your bitching was all in vain...cause again like I said almost all of us have to work to live. Point is to find something that doesn't kill you.

I mean look at people that work fast food and bitch about not making enough but aren't doing anything to try an make more money other than standing still and bitching... Simple solution, find a better job.

I know hardly anyone is going to give a shit about any of this, but I'm just trying to tell you guys life ain't bad and working isn't the worst thing you'll do.
>>
>>17393053
Enjoy your slavery
I don't support neets though but I wouldn't work for coca cola man
Ha! I Make a living doing art and people think I'm a fucking hippie. I work 10times more than a normal wagecuck but I live for it and I will leave something for people

Jobs should be about betterment. It doesn't matter if it's art, science, engineering or philosophy but working as an accountant or making money for someone who doesn't give anything to the greater good is really stupid

And selfish of course
>>
>>17393135
>I Make a living doing art
How much you make a year Picasso? How much have you made in the past 5 years?

Oh who am I kidding this is the internet... You'll just lie.
>>
>>17393020
>failed in dreams
>failed in sports
>trying hard for graduate
You just failed at everything. You are really like an edgy faggot. In fact you are an edgy faggot.
>>
>>17393146
What the fuck did you just say to me? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at Art School and have made over 9000 comfirmed arts.
>>
>>17393020
Get into self-improvement again. There's always a life-style out there that you haven't lived yet.

Or suicide is always an option.
>>
There's no endgame. Everyone's just trying to distract himself from himself, usually by creating "meaning," until he dies.
>>
File: 1469392237310.jpg (38KB, 780x394px) Image search: [Google]
1469392237310.jpg
38KB, 780x394px
>>17393020
For me the end game is getting laid since I'm a virgin and can't think about literally anything other than getting laid
>>
>>17393254
Lmao wait until you wake up the morning after you have sex and you're exactly the same as you were the night before.
>>
File: 1469458025306.png (945KB, 1591x1531px) Image search: [Google]
1469458025306.png
945KB, 1591x1531px
>>17393254
>>17393020
Also
>sex a bunch of women, lift, fight my inner demons

You sound eeerily similar to me, I'm basically going from /r9k/ to fake normie and am lifting like crazy, getting all the clothes and hair and shit, yadaydayada

For me my "inner demons" are basically nailing down all the little quirks of interacting with people like body language and most of all actually talking to them

If I can sex even just one girl on a regular basis I feel like everything will be peachy for me

>I've reached a point where I just don't... Care about life anymore

I really don't either getting to the top of the social food chain and subsequently getting laid from it is basically all that matters to me

>I'm not religious so I don't believe in going to heaven or hell when I die, honestly it feels like I'm in hell already some days.

This
>>
>>17393020

>Raising a nuclear family and working 60 hrs/week at middle management with a far white, spoiled kids, a rotting picket fence and an autistic dog is bullshit

So.... don't do any of that. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Why do you think your only options are give up on life or work 60 hours as a middle management wage slave? You're dumb bruh.
>>
>>17393020
You've come to the crossroads of fatalism. You've realized there is no purpose, and are experiencing existential ennui because you belief there should be a purpose.

Stop deluding yourself. Accept that there is no purpose, internalize >>17393032, and get the fuck over yourself. It's literally only your own ego insisting there should be more that is making you feel this way.
>>
>>17393257
Thats not what happened with me tbhfam
>>
>>17393314
Story please
I wanna know how you felt in the immediate aftermath
>>
>>17393027
people get jelly and you can make smug faces at them.
>>
>>17393020
>The idea of having a soulmate is bullshit.
No, some people truly believe that they have soulmates, and they put the work into their relationships to make that true. My mother and father are prime examples, met in high school, dated through college, married, kids, etc. My mother will be the first to say that she honestly believes that she was meant to find my dad.

I, however, do not believe that i have a soulmate. Deep down, I hope I find a girl who I can experience that feeling with, but I'm also a practical man - I know how this shit really works.

So I think, in the case of "soulmates," it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you truly want a soulmate, you'll find (read: create) one. So please don't confuse your personal choices, personal pessimism, personal emos, etc. with "objective truth." You are not the objective truth teller of the universe.

Anyway, I'll read the rest now.
>>
>>17393020
>Once I've realized the fantasy of living happily ever after with pure hard work and determination was just a fantasy, I've become hollow and apathetic what should I live for? Why do I continue to live?
OK, so I read the rest and it's obvious here that you're not really living life according to what you want to achieve. You're not working towards things you actually believe in.

I mean look at you mang - I can't be a division one athlete, I can't be in the entertainment industry, I don't want women (read: Can't get the ones I truly want)... I can't I can't I can't.

Can you do anything besides bitch? Are you trying to protect yourself from having to try and possibly fail or something?

What's really going on here because you're acting like a spoiled bitch.
>>
>>17393020
I don't know about everyone else here, but my endgame is having a kid. There are very few things I want more than a child. There's just something about teaching someone about the workings of the world that seems so satisfying.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 500x374px
>>17393262

TURBO GO AWAY
>>
>>17393020
The end game was to go from having a lot of companions(friends) as you go through life and bring down that number to one who can truly get you.

Anything else is a bonus and you end up dying alone.
>>
Wealth inequality is huge. Everyone needs to work so Shecklestein Goldberg can have his 4th island this year. Shut up and accept it you cuckold bitch, and be sure to vote establishment in your elections wherever you live.

This world has more than enough resource and the ability for non of us to have to work but reap all the benefits a good job gives. The top tiny percent horde the vast majority of the wealth and there is nothing that can be done about it
>>
File: tumblr_nlod7s01I21qehf4jo1_500.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlod7s01I21qehf4jo1_500.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>
File: Fedora.png (139KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.png
139KB, 466x466px
>>17393020
>>
>>17393020
you need a hobby
>>
>>17394002
Ya dude let me dedicate my life to basket weaving
>>
You have become cynical and grumpy. Congratulations.
Why don't you just take a break?
Nobody said you need love.
Just focus on you and enhancing your life.
Go to the gym, learn a new instrument or skill, go hand gliding or care for animals.
Your life is certainly not done at 23. Go do something with it.
>>
>>17394047
hmm I see your point.
You should definetly end your miserable life.
>>
>>17394131
I'll empty my nuts in your mum first
>>
>>17393020
What do you want? I'm 23 and I'm living to get a better job. I get a better job, I can afford more of whatever I want whenever.

You're 20. Find what you like and do it.
>>
>>17394210
I'm 23...
>>
The problem is that we are living in a world where we are raised being told we are special, but the people that are telling us we are don't really believe it.

We have to guide each other instead because we in all actuality are special. I know it's the fun memey thing to deride people for thinking we they are special snowflakes but we need to lose the passive ironic attitude and start sharing ideas here.

OP I suggest you check out Robert Greens book Mastery. It was up on yt as a audiobook a while ago. You need to reconnect with the interests you had as a child. Because this is a matter of the future of our species not just us as individuals.
>>
>>17393020
The endgame is death. It's the journey that matters. If you enjoy it, at the end of your life, it will feel like success. Or if you want to a concrete goal as success, no one can tell you what works for you either. Personally, I wouldn't be so condescending about the cookie cutter life- it's a personal preference, some like it, some like it. Some find comfort in conformity and a sense of community, others are only satisfied with being iconoclasts. Find what you like to do, and you can at least make a bare living out of it, and you will be happy with that. Like money, go to banking. Like English, do copywriting to survive and write anything you want in your free time. Like history, be a librarian and/or do re-enactments in your free time. There's always a job at least sufficiently related to your passion, but you gotta find your passion first. Love someone if only to see what it's like, marriage is for tax breaks, think about whether you need the tax breaks. Live somewhere safe, who cares how it looks like.
>>
File: 674795634956956.jpg (27KB, 1024x882px) Image search: [Google]
674795634956956.jpg
27KB, 1024x882px
>>17393020
>I've become hollow and apathetic what should I live for? Why do I continue to live?

Isn't life a reason enough? All the energy you have been given that makes you grow? There's much to be grateful for.

And gratefulness is not some self-improvement journal, but using all the gifts and energy you have to do something.

Live, grow, face your fears to grow emotionally, express yourself freely, do things you haven't done before.
>>
>>17393020
>I gave up on a lot of my childhood dreams (to be an artist or a cool designer in the entertainment industry, too much cronyism, nepotism, sucking up and psychopaths in that industry, not worth it)
This is exactly why I stopped pursuing a career in entertainment.
>>
>>17393053
>I don't know how adverse you are to working but just the way you stated it first just irks me because everyone on here gripes about having to work, and it seems to have a major impact on their outlook on life and/or the meaning of life. Not to mention it incredibly hinders their opportunities in life but they're too ignorant to realize it and would rather just call me a wageslave...It's just a part of life.
How many hours do you work a week? How many hours do you spend on work-related activities that you're not paid for (commutting, eating, showering, bathing, etc)? How much time do you truly have to yourself to relax?
>>
Yeah, I don't know where my life is going either. I'm in college and don't know what to major in and I'm 24. My interests make it impossible really go anywhere (books, music, movies). I don't know how to diciplne myself into doing stuff like writing or drawing. I mostly spend all day on the internet and why the fuck am I unloading my info in this thread
>>
>>17393022
What's the apollonian dream?
>>
File: iwonder.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
iwonder.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>17393020
>>
I felt the same way you did. I found my own solution. Not saying what because all of you would start doing it and ruining it for everyone.

Ask yourself, if you hate something, what happens if you stop doing it? Are you gonna die? Probably not. Think outside the box and find a way to skirt the rules of the game.

>>17393105
>60+ hour spreadsheet monkey lifestyle

Fuck everything about that shit. It's the norm in my field, but unbeknownst to normies, part time options exist. Anywhere from 10 to 30 hours. Catch is the salary/wage scales. So if you can live on barely anything, you don't have to work like a slave.

I'd rather kill myself than do 60 hour weeks. Our grandparents fought tooth and nail to make 40 hours the standard, and now we've let it slip back down. It should be criminal. At that point you wake up barely having got sleep, prepare for work, commute to work, work work work, come home and crash. Fuck that, there's no point in living like that.

>>17394277
>the interests you had as a child

I didn't have interests as a child that worked out because my parents didn't expose me to anything. When you leave a kid alone in a room all day, he isn't gonna discover [obscure hobby] all on his own. Stop romanticising childhood.

>>17393177

Nah man. I get op. I always thought I was bad at sports...turns out I was just doing the wrong sports. Now I have a few I am fucking great at and was talented to begin with. Same thing goes with hobbies. And then there's the fact that not everyone has a rich mommy and daddy to buy private lessons and pay for extracurrics for them.
>>
>>17394971
Please fuggin respond
>>
Embrace the absurd or commit suicide
>>
It seems that the endgame in life is to build yourself as big a pile of gold as possible to die on like some faen dragon.

Consciousness was a mistake.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.