[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the new Pokémon Go craze a big group has appeared in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-bra-2.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-bra-2.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
So with the new Pokémon Go craze a big group has appeared in my city, and they're going to organize a meetup for the next week

The thing is, my phone is very shitty and I can't play the game. Would it be too weird to just go there to socialize even if I can't play?
>>
Yes. Not only that but people the game attracts are lame. They don't actually like pokemon, they don't actually like videogames, they just like shallow popular shit or something. What are you going to talk about with them anyways? xD u caught a squiter???

You'd be better off going to a meetup for something you're actually interested, or at least where people have a passion for it (like a sport or hobby club).
>>
>>17391968
>They don't actually like pokemon, they don't actually like videogames, they just like shallow popular shit or something.
Urgh, you are the worst kind of person. Worse than Hitler.

Literally no one wasn't into Pokemon. Pokemon is and always has been the very definition of shallow popular shit.
>>
>>17391968
>don't actually like pokemon
>they don't actually like one of the most popular franchises in history.
>>
>>17391994
>>17391982
I think he is referring to genwunners. A lot of people playing this game are genwunner cancer. Maybe they will stop playing after gen 2 pokemon comes out like they did with the other games.
>>
>>17391994
>>17391982

I'm just jaded because to me, liking pokemon means actually playing the games and not just having nostalgia for the original game/show. It's kind of like saying you like Pink Floyd when you've only heard "You're a brick in the Wall".

I mean it ain't wrong but the interest is shallow.
>>
>>17392009
>bawww people aren't enjoying their game about cartoon bugs maturely like meeeee
>>
>>17392009
Duuuuuuude.

You're thinking about this the wrong way.

You're all sad and thinking "Man, now everyone is enjoying my interest but they don't know as much as me"

You should be thinking "Holy shit everyone is enjoying my interest but they don't know as much as me!"

You could literally get laid over pokemon. Who cares if they don't know what a vanilluxe is?
>>
>>17391944

It would be kinda weird yeah.

You wouldn't go to a meet up about a certain book without having read the book.

Since that why they are there, to discuss the subject the meeting is taking place for.
>>
>>17392000
>>17392009
>how dare first gen fans enjoy a first gen game
>>
>>17392048
It's a first gen game only because they haven't released the other gens yet.
>>
>>17392056

They'll never release the other gens if the game flops because all the first geners refuse to play it for fear of hurting the feelings of a handful of losers who stayed obsessed with a franchise for 10 year olds.
>>
>>17392074
I never said they were hurting my feelings. They are cancer, but there is cancer in any game. You sound like a butthurt genwunner desu senpai.
>>
>>17391944

a little weird yes. but its pokemon GO, and it sounds like it will be a larger meet up, so does it matter?
>>
It's a bit like walking around a dog park without a dog just to chat people up. Yeah, it's a bit weird.
>>
>be teenage transfer student
>hear about D&D club
>know about it but have never played
>lie to new group and say I play
>instant acceptance
>feel great, feel cool
>play first game
>floundering around, need to light a fire
>exasperated DM finally says "use your tinderbox!"
>"b-but I don't have matches"
>pause
>"have you ever played this game before?"

It was pretty fucking embarrassing, and had I sat down and thought about my motivations for saying/doing that then, my life probably would have been very different.

But now I can see right through people when they try to fake experience in things I know about.

That being said, try being yourself anon. Just this once.
>>
Meh. OP here. Tbh I'm not that into Pokemon either, it's just that I wanna meet new people, and my city is small and it isn't like there's much events about things I like (films or other games I like) in which I can meet new people. Kinda desperate I guess.

But I'll follow your advice. Also I saw pictures of another meetup and it was a bunch of 15 years olds so...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.