[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been with my girlfriend for a year now. It's long-distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Intensifies.jpg (9KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
Intensifies.jpg
9KB, 261x195px
I've been with my girlfriend for a year now. It's long-distance but we're happy & love each other, and see each other when we can.

We're currently together in Edinburgh and will soon be joined by her mother who wants to come visit the city for a couple of days; I suspect i'm the real reason for her visit though.

My reason for posting is that this is actually my first relationship and have never been in this situation before. I don't know if there is any unofficial 'meet-the-parents' etiquette that i should be aware of; I don't want to make a fool of myself. What's more, My parents are working-class, whereas hers are closer to middle.

What should I be prepared to talk about? Do I offer to pay for meals despite being a student? How do I even greet her; Handshake? Light hug? A simply Howdy-do?
>>
help me faggots
>>
>>17391956

Ask nicely
>>
Give her a handshake with eye contact, a smile, and saying that it's nice to finally meet her. If you get along quite well and she's a warm and affectionate person, you can say goodbye with a light hug.

Don't offer to pay for meals, but take care of a treat, like buying ice cream for the three of you. She's not reasonably going to suspect a student to pay for all your food, especially if she likes the better restaurants. You're a kid in her eyes.

Be prepared to talk about your hobbies and interests, how your education is going and why you chose this one, where you grew up and some more lighthearted stuff about what your parents/childhood were like, whether you have siblings. Also your goals for the future, both short term and long term. Have some anecdotes at hand for if there's a lull in the conversation and you feel like you have to say something. Prepare for the (very slight) chance that if your girlfriend is away, she'll ask you how you see the LDR progressing.

Just treat her like a person. Be polite, friendly, show interest and ask her questions. (Bonus points if you can show that you're attentive by, for example, asking about a hobby your girlfriend told you she enjoys.) Don't be afraid to show that you're into her daughter but don't make her feel uncomfortable with too much PDA. Show your affection by holding hands occasionally, teasing her lovingly, sitting close to her when the opportunity arises, throwing her glowing looks. Not kissing her all the time or constantly having your arms draped around her.

Ask questions about how she (your girlfriend) grew up, what she was like as a kid, whether her mom has pictures etc. It both shows your sincere interest in her as a person, and acknowledges the mother's role as your girlfriend's mother who obviously knows her better than probably anyone else. She'll eat that shit up.
>>
>>17391996
This Anon knows what's up
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.