[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying new furniture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Ugly_174.jpg (125KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
Ugly_174.jpg
125KB, 400x282px
Has anyone here bought new furniture? Anyone work at a furniture store? I'm talking decent stuff, not ikea. How much negotiating power can i expect to have?
>>
>>17391594
I just recently was on a bit of a furniture hunt.

New furniture stores don't really haggle on the price much, and if they do it's still overpriced as fuck IMO.

We needed a new couch, and possibly coffee table.

Went to about 3 different furniture stores. One we were haggling with on a couch, and he was actually biting a little, but only came off like 50 bucks.

Ended up finding a great near new couch on Craigslist and haggled with them for over $100 off.

Benefits of having a pickup truck and another friend there and ready to move it out with cash.

It talks.
>>
>>17391604
OP here.

I guess i always thought there was more room to haggle furniture prices. It's not like everyone goes out and buys furniture on a frequent basis, so wouldn't it make sense for them to cut me a break in order to make more sales?

I'll probably end up taking the craigslist route when something decent pops up.
>>
>>17391711
Yeah, that's kinda the approach I was thinking.

But, I guess with all the financing options, and repo's they're seemingly always getting money, and their furniture back. So, I'm sure it's a pretty steady flow.

The one that was willing to haggle with me was a small furniture store in a run down outskirt part of town, and he still didn't budge as much as I needed him to to purchase his couch.

Cash talks to people. But, stores that regularly finance people without cash, and repo their stuff back get paid, and their furniture. So, I can see how cash talks less to them.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.