[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerd drama

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: sushi_roll.jpg (88KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
sushi_roll.jpg
88KB, 508x800px
My friend caught me cheating in a MMORPG. Now he hates me.

I used bots to power level and get thropies because the grind is brutal. My friend found it and he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. He says I am scum and that I should be banned. But seriously, nobody cares.

He always hated cheaters. I remember him dropping games like CSGO because people uses autoaim and wallhacks. But I don't harm anyone with using bots.

He is like my best friend, we have been friends for years and I don't want our relationship ruined for this. What should I do? I can't delete me character and start again.
>>
>>17391474
Well for one, while I get having principles is important, its a petty thing to fall out over games.

I wont say to abandon him as if he is a good friend its not worth losing him over. Talk to him and since you are at it, uninstall the bot. That said, maybe you should move away from video games? I am assuming you are young as this is pretty mild stuff but do look towards other hobbies.

If you are young, dont reply and leave this site for your own sake. If not, both you and him may want to grow up.
>>
Your friend needs to grow up. In fact, he doesn't really sound like much of a friend at all to me if he'd drop you over something like that. Move on.
>>
File: fAUOr2c.png (174KB, 540x695px) Image search: [Google]
fAUOr2c.png
174KB, 540x695px
>>17391492
Well... I know it's just games but they're important to us. Is the way we get along.

24, he is 25.

But indeed, I feel he shouldn't care. He has strong principles, tho.
>>
>>17391474

>we have been friends for years and I don't want our relationship ruined for this
>I can't delete me character and start again

If I was your friend I would let it go but I wouldn't play with you anymore, and that's about it.

It sounds like you're both really young.

Don't you have anything else to share besides games?
>>
>>17391521
Good lord. Anon if he is an online friend, move on, dime a dozen. If a real friend, I would consider for both of you to either talk it over or part ways to seek more mature friends.

Most here including myself indulge in video games, but there is truth that they can stifle your mental maturity. This sounds like it and both of you need to grow up, either with or wthout one another.

Also an mmo at your age does not bode well. Seek alternative genre of video games at the very least. Mmos are too draining and both time and energy for someone in their 20s.
>>
cheating in a game isn't the same as some real life shit

if you can use a bot for a game it means the game wasn't that good to begin with and expects the player to have a robot-like behavior
>>
>>17391551
>stifling mental maturity

please. so long as you know you're playing a game its fine. in fact, getting good at games can improve reflexes quick decision making
>>
>>17391474
lel, he's mad because you don't get to be on the same level anymore.

But auto-aim and wallhacks on FPS? git gud
>>
is he autistic. i think he might be, tell him to go to a doctor
>>
I have a best friend that fucking hates going anywhere near downtown. Like hates it. He's turned down jobs that'll net him 20k more than what he's currently making because they were downtown. He refuses to meet me for dinner at any place in downtown. He also hates meeting new people so asking him to go to a party or meet my other friends is out of the question.

He's a good guy and always has my back though and I have his.

What I'm saying is, your friend sounds like an autist and is probably best you're not friends with him if he lets something this small bother him.
>>
>>17393170
You're misjudging the study you are trying to quote. The study only showed that some playing of games improved working skills and if I'm not completely mistaken it was only about precision and speed improvement of surgeons that played fps.
No one ever showed, that grinding an MMO for 6 hours a day is beneficial.
>>
>>17391474
While your friends reaction is indeed over the top, bots, in my opinion, are way worse than aim bots or wallhacks, as they damage the whole economy of a server instead annoying the one person you kill with a better chance.
>>
Ok, my friend is autistic. I should leave him just because of that? How much damage he can do to me in the future? Yeah I have had the feeling he is like... Sheldon Cooper, sorry I cant use a better explanation.
>>
>>17393987
Is he an actual friend or online?
>>
>>17394001
Actual friend. He doesn't make many friends, I am like the only one.
>>
OP, you are a total douchebag. Your friend is absolutely right, using bots is scummy, not to mention incredibly stupid. The entire point of playing an MMO is all the grinding - if you use a bot you just stopped playing the game, after which point there is no point anymore.

He should report you and get your account banned. Bots are completely cancerous in any game but especially in an MMO.
>>
File: 1448984806068.jpg (55KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1448984806068.jpg
55KB, 600x534px
>>17394067
honestly yes. if sheldor here can't appreciate his only friend doing something he doesn't agree with, then leave him and let him see how being alone feels. he is an autist, he won't be making any new friends. you are (likely, hopefully) not an autist, and will meet new people eventualy. what MMO?
>>
>>17394160
who gives a fuck about bots?? op just wants the endgame.
>>
>>17393170
>in fact, getting good at games can improve reflexes quick decision making
>MMO's
>reflexes
>quick decision making
You are severely misintepreting studies to suit your own perverted opinion, that kind of thing is purely reserved for highly intensive competitive gaming, like fast paced fighting games, intensive resource management heavy RTS and action games. Fucking hell even Pokemon multiplayer is more demanding than your average MMO.

Not a fucking MMORPG where the most intensive thing you'll ever do is wait for your skill to cooldown and fooling yourself into buying into that weeks ripoff P2W deal.
>>
>>17394237
FFXIV
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.