[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I not make a friend feel bad when I've succeeded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1461272207309.jpg (499KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1461272207309.jpg
499KB, 2560x1600px
How do I not make a friend feel bad when I've succeeded where he's failed?

A bit of background: it's grad recruitment season where I live. A friend and I have been applying for jobs as they pop up. He's gotten rejection letters from all that he's applied for, whereas I'm getting shortlisted and interviews. It's not really in my hands, but I can't help but feel bad when he asks me if I have heard back from an organisation and I've gotten a yes when he's gotten a no.
>>
>>17390432
Just be honest but don't rub it in.
Offer to help with his CV or applications, maybe he is doing something wrong that you can help with.
>>
Well you can refer him to your place of work after you've built some rapport with HR if he doesn't find anything...
>>
>>17390432
Be honest and don't brag, if they're a true friend they'll be happy for you. Times like these you actually find the true character of some people
>>
>>17390446
It's less that his CV is lacking, but more that he doesn't have much work experience and he isn't much of an 'all rounder' that these jobs tend to be looking for. Plus, his grades aren't the greatest. They're not bad, they're just not as good as they need to be for these jobs.

>>17390451
That is an option, but he'd be looking at months before he got a job if I went with that

>>17390458
I don't think he resents me for it or anything. I just think he feels bad about himself, and I don't want him to feel like that
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.