[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, feeling hopeless, i'm a student who works shifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20160723-WA0005.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160723-WA0005.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Hey /adv/, feeling hopeless, i'm a student who works shifts of 11 hours five days per week and i feel my soul is dying a little more each day.

I feel real depressed as i haven't been able to rest at all this whole year because of school and this job. (I took this job in january and i can't quit because money is necessary).

How can i feel less worthless?
>>
How the fuck do you attend class working 11 hours a day?
>>
I work from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and i start off class from 5:40 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
>>
>>17390020
thats what i wondered
>>
>>17390013
There's a lot of stuff here. If you need financial help, look for it. Not resting is a pretty good contributing factor towards feeling awful, without being able to clean yourself out via sleep, nor time to really think about stuff and let it sink in via normal life. Afterwards finding a hobby that you enjoy should really push up your happiness, and help fight that depression. If you can get that far and the hobby doesn't help, you should seek a help group or call one of those lines for depression. Professionals would def know more how to help you than I or anyone here would, and probably have the resources too.
>>
>>17390013
You need to work less hours. You're working 55 hours a week. That's insane. You CAN afford to work less. You just need to figure out how to budget better.

And you need to pick up another roommate or two to cut your cost of living. Look for a 3 bedroom apartment, or a house for rent with a room available. Get a budget app and figure out ways to cut other costs.

Then find a job that lets you work less hours. Aim for 40. If you can't do that, find a job that let's you work 4 long days, or 6-7 really short days. Anything that will take the heat off of 6am to 10pm every day.
>>
>>17390035
Fuck dude that's intense. I thought I had it rough working 20 hours a week while going to school. What are you studying?
>>
if you can, try to relax or distract yourself at work or class

take breaks, try to squeeze some free time where it wasn't supposed to be, if you can

some classes are useless/ easy and may provide with some rest if you play it right

good luck OP, godspeed
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.