[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf is very touchy, I don't like being touched a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (239KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239KB, 800x800px
I was molested and beaten a lot as a kid so I have a low tolerance for being touched and kissed.

Gf was raped as a kid so she's very touchy and affectionate cus she needs to know someone wants and cares for her in more than a sexual way.
I'ts been a year I've tried tolerating it and we've talked about it it and she's agreed to try holding off but it clearly still upsets her when I pull away from the constant smothering kisses and shit.
Wat do?
>>
This problem is more than skin-deep, OP. You need to see a professional and lay on them the full burden of your past. Otherwise you'll never see full recovery in any way, shape, or form.
Relevant advice other than go elsewhere would be for you to tell your girlfriend how much you care for her, write her poems, communicate on a constant basis that she means so much to you. Possibility would be don't spend lots of time in one sitting cuddling and kissing, but do it often.
>>
>>17389746
Next time she kisses you, curl in the fetal position and screech loudly. She'll stop.
>>
>>17389775
I go to therapy but progress is slow and we're focusing on the effects of trauma like dissociation which is my biggest issue so there isn't really time to discuss other things. I do all of those things but she still needs more it's like a vacuum.

>>17389782
Made me laugh lmao
>>
>>17389795
I know it's a very simple answer that anyone could give you but your problem is very complicated and anything besides face-to-face will be very ineffective.
Does your girlfriend also have a therapist?
/adv/ would be you two go to a couples therapist and heal together.
It's unhealthy for you to go far out of your comfort zone and re encounter past demons for the sake of satisfying your girlfriend. It's also unhealthy for your girlfriend to NEED to have constant physical contact. There's nothing wrong with liking it or having it often, but if she's at a point where she relies on it to a great extent it'll only come out to hurt her more. It'll grow into a greater crutch and she'll lean on your cuddling time constantly and always, and reaching the breaking point three years down the road hurts much more than reaching it now.
>>
>>17389746
Why are you in a relationship? What do you like about it?
>>
>>17389811
Her therapy situation is fucked cus her dad (rapist) keeps cancelling her health insurance and her mom can't afford it
>>
>>17389830
She needs someone wise to lean on and learn from, and it can't be you. Therapist would be best, but any friends, mentors, past teachers with good relationships, even a pastor if you feel comfortable speaking to one, anything would be better than nothing, except you. You're struggling with a similar situation and your bias and lack of experience on the other end of this situation would hurt you both.
>>
>>17389830
can your parents afford therapy?
>>
>>17389827
I'm very lonely, I spent a majority of my formative years catering to people since I'm a foreigner and wanted to fit in. It's led to me being at a point where I have no genuine or "real" friends. People only talk to me when they need something or are into things I consider degenerate. I'm no shut in or sperglord I'm very charismatic and gifted with English but I'm sick of these fake friendships. My gf however is my first genuine friend since elementary school. So that's why.
>>
>>17389851
Aw man. You shouldn't rely on one person like that so hard, though. Try going somewhere public and introducing yourself to people; you'd be surprised how lonely other people are too.
>>
>>17389848
No, I work to pay for it myself
>>
>>17389859
I live in the hood and am not into things other black dudes are into and I can't travel out very far to meet people
>>
>>17389868
Just join a gang. Quit being a pussy.
>>
>>17389887
I don't have a valid reason to get into crime
>>
>>17389897
i thought u were black
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>17389971
>>
>>17389971
>>17389982

Not me but good one anons
>>
>>17389746
Never eat in a place called Mom's, never play poker with a guy called Pop, and never fuck anyone crazier than you.
>>
Is it any easier if you're the one initiating the affection, so you're more in control of it?
>>
>>17389782
Interesting. When I wasn't touched enough by my partner, I did a similar thing, except I screeched/begged -and then- curled into a fetal position
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.