[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get a Dutch citizenship if you're disabled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sadness.png (219KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
219KB, 2048x2048px
Is it possible to get a Dutch citizenship if you're disabled? Or somewhere in the EU? If so, how?

I'm on a $450/mo. SSI, am deemed unemployable by the SSA, and haven't been able to work since 2008. But I want to move to Holland because I'm growing increasingly frightened by a Trump presidency (I know it's silly -- but I'm genuinely scared of this guy). Even if I got the full SSI ($733/mo), I wouldn't be able to afford rent in a city with the now-highest rent in the country; and moving else in the country is mainly out of the question for a variety of reasons I can't even get into at the moment.

But since I'm on SSI and very lower-class, the chances could not seem more unlikely. But I'm willing to give it a go if possible, since I've heard the Netherlands are pretty generous with people immigrated to it. Or any country that's willing to take someone like me and help me integrate.
>>
>>17389680
If you do not mind me asking what is your disability?
>>
> But I want to move to Holland because I'm growing increasingly frightened by a Trump presidency

trump will make america great again, why do you want to run elsewhere so that you dont get to experience it
>>
>>17389684
Severe depression (past suicide attempts), anxiety and proclivity to panic attacks, PTSD, inability to handle stress so severe that it takes on physical ailments, and some schizoaffective disorder-esque traits.

Basically, it's miraculous if I can leave the house for more than two-or-three times a week.
>>
Trump is not going to become president.
>>
Europe is a tough place to live if your low income and have a disability... The poor have to hustle hard to get by and the disabled are treated poorly.. if they don't have family to take care of them they are fucked
>>
>>17389689
>trump will make america great again
A lot of... less-than-stellar leaders of countries throughout history promised the same thing.

>>17389704
Well in case he does, I want a way out.
>>
>>17389697
I have simular problems but with a little other things added. Do you like dogs? I started a dog walking company and dog sitting and I make good money and all I have to do is walk in on trails where no people are with dogs.
>>
File: immigration flow chart.jpg (2MB, 2448x1584px) Image search: [Google]
immigration flow chart.jpg
2MB, 2448x1584px
unless you are already an EU citizen its next to impossible to immigrate from one first world country to another

This chart is for america, but the rules for the netherlands are similar. Unless you have family there its not a realistic possibility.

Also, Trump is not going to be president so stop freaking out about it. And even if he does it wont be the end of the world, we survived 8 years of Bush we can get through 4 years of this idiot. Hell, Reagan proved America doesn't need a president.
>>
>but I'm genuinely scared of this guy
Don't be such a pussy. Big bad boogeyman Trump isn't going to do shit. He's nothing but talk.
>>
>>17389711
I'm more of a cat person. Haven't been around dogs since I was ten. But since my cat died, I was thinking of getting a puppy to try something new.

>>17389712
Yeah, I didn't think it would be easy. But I want to move somewhere not America.

>And even if he does it wont be the end of the world, we survived 8 years of Bush we can get through 4 years of this idiot.
I feel that Trump is going to be worse than Bush.
>>
>>17389680
Basically, you want to move to europe and collect taxes that I pay into?

Have you lost your god damn mind?

I don't mind mind taxes benefitting citizens who live in this country, but I will be god damned if I (even as a libtard) sit back and allow some scared bitch to steal my money when I have mouths to feed.
>>
As someone living here already I urge you to stay the fuck away, thanks.
>>
We don't want you here Tanner, GO AWAY.
>>
>>17389729
then what about the syrians?

>>17389725
its not that it isn't easy, it isn't possible. The door is shut and unless you have family there or are independently wealthy it's not going to be opened.
>>
>>17389739
Know of any core nations that would take people like me, then?
>>
I was bothered by having some "disabled" person move out on my dime, but then I read the Social Security site and found out you can only collect retirement overseas, not disibility.

And to that, I say thank fucking god. I am happy this is not a fucking thing.
>>
>>17389752
/thread
>>
>>17389741
Unless you have family in another country the only one is Israel and then only if you're jewish, but there really isn't much advantage to immigrating to Israel from the USA. Especially if you want to go because you find America's politics have become overly toxic, Israel's are 10x worse.

You're stuck here, learn to like it.
>>
>>17389762
Guess it's putting a bullet in my temple then.

(seriously)
>>
>>17389794
god you're such a fucking drama queen
>>
>>17389794
And nothing of value would be lost (except the bullet, of course).
>>
You might in luck, actually. But only if Trump *gets* elected: http://mashable.com/2016/03/03/move-to-canada-trump/
>>
>>17389853
that article is bullshit, all of those countries hold onto working papers like crazy

in canada if you want to immigrate on a work visa you have to not only already have a job offer but the company that wants to hire you has to prove that they conducted a job search and were unable to find a suitable canadian to fill the position, AND THEN then they have to do another one while the paperwork is pending and show they still could not find a suitable applicant. Unless you have an advanced degree and decades of work experience there's no hope of going down that road. I know from personal experience, I'm an american who went to university in Montreal. I tried to get my status changed after graduation since I loved Canada so much but they literally slammed the door in my face. I even hired an immigration lawyer, but the very moment I graduated I went from a foreigner bringing money into the canadian economy to a foreigner stealing muh jobs from a canadian citizen.
>>
>>17389680
Don't worry, Trump is not as bad as you think.

In a year we'll have better healthcare and employment. We'll be rebuilding all of Americas industrial capability back, and desperately employing millions of Americans.

The EU will come to us screaming for help.
We'll look down at them and say "No."
>>
>>17389913
>all of those countries hold onto working papers like crazy
What country doesn't?

Plus this article is (allegedly) post Trump-election prospects. If it he doesn't become president, it might stay the same way you described. If he does, it might be a little different.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.