[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Weeabooism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: us measurement.jpg (72KB, 667x700px) Image search: [Google]
us measurement.jpg
72KB, 667x700px
I'm becoming a Japanese person, parallel to weeaboism and all that. I'm sick of America, and I don't think Canada or Europe looks any better. China is somehow more grossly capitalistic than the United States, and the rest of Asia is either Korea, Japan, or not so developed. I wish I was Japanese, not because of anime and shit, but because their culture makes the most rational sense to me. I like their games, I like their ethics (except the shit that is dated due to conservatism like anti-homosexuality), I assume people get rigid life-paths carved out for them so they are not wandering the streets pondering existence, I like and trust their products, I think Zen is the safest bet for a religion...
>>
>>17389632
You don't just become a Japanese person, you must be born one. You'll never be seen as anything other than a dumb gaijin they tolerate to bring in tourist dollars.

Sorry, but your dream was over before it even started.
>>
>>17389632
>rest of the world
wow, way to fucking ignore Liberia and Myanmar which both use imperial
>>
have you ever actually been to Japan? First off you'll never become a japanese person, immigrating there is extremely difficult unless you're wealthy or want to be an english teacher (in which case you'll get sent out to the sticks), and even after you've lived there for decades you'll still always be an outsider. The culture may be refined yes, but refined to the point of fetishism, no one ever fucking says what they're thinking. It can be very trying at times.

They have quite a few serious problems as well, declining birth rates chief among them I'd say. Its a completely self inflicted disaster honestly, since Japan has the highest cost of living in the world no one can afford to have more than 1 kid, many can't even afford to have that. Since the expectations for how many hours salarymen are expected to put in is so ludicrously high one parent will have to take off work for 1-2 years just to raise the kid, the other parent will have next to no time with them since they'll come home from work late every night. And then when that first parent (usually the mother) tries to return to work after taking a couple years off they encounter a severe glass ceiling. To make matters worse this age bubble has created severe strain on the tax base and a crippling shortage of nurses and caretakers. Japans' extreme xenophobia has made the obvious solution to this problem (relaxing immigration for skilled medical professionals from korea, china and the Philippines) absolutely impossible, so no action has been taken. By 2050 its estimated that the population of Japan will be half of what it is today, that's a demographic shift totally unprecedented in modern civilization and there's no telling what kind of chaos it's going to cause. Imagine, all businesses having half as many customers, half the country's buildings being empty so there's no need for construction. It's quite a worrying situation.
>>
hey OP i live and work in Fukuoka

AMA

happy to dispel myths about Japan
>>
>>17389670
i believe Myanmar went full crazy and now uses a system where the base number is 9 because of some specific Burmese Buddhist good luck thing. their money is also whack
>>
>>17389632

base 10 is just as arbitrary as anything else and objectively worse than duodecimal. I can divide a foot into whole inches by thirds or quarters.
>>
>>17390108
Yeah, but at least base 10 is consistent.
>>
The problem with the English system of measurement is that it's a mishmash of different systems of measurement, most of which made a great deal of sense in the original contexts in which they were defined, but the context is gone.

The classic example is the mile. A mile is not 5200-odd feet or 1700-odd yards: it's 1000 paces. That's a perfectly sensible number, but wtf is a pace? It's an ancient Roman unit of measurement (much like the mile) that comes out roughly equivalent to, yes, about 5.2 feet. But because nobody uses paces anymore, the mile makes no sense: it's had to be redefined in terms of other units, and these are anything but clean.
>>
>>17389698
Great post.
>>
>>17390108
You use base 10 numbers, too late to change it now.
>>
>>17390108
>base 10 is just as arbitrary
How many fingers do you have anon?
>>
>>17391056

arbitrary. why don't you count on your elbows and use binary?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.