[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Sue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 345678985.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
345678985.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
So for awhile I've worked as a security guard and to be honest, it's been a pain in the god damn ass. Hours were horrible, people were horrible, the whole 9 yards. But recently something happened that, as far as corporate policies go, I've never had happen to me before.

I've been living with my parents for the most part of the job while I look for an apartment, but one eventful morning, they come into my room to wake me up at 9 or so after my 9-5 graveyard shift upset and confused as to why, in fact, my boss is calling them asking where I am and why I'm not answering my phone [spoiler]although my phone had been on all the while I'd been asleep, I must have slept through the ringing and vibrating.[/spoiler] I couldn't help but wonder this myself but I was too pissed off to care after receiving a lecture of why my mom and dad shouldn't have to "babysit" me.

I talked this over with the therapist I usually visit for reasons I won't go into detail about and he tells me that this is against the law and is considered to be a Breach in Confidentiality.

I thought it over for a few days after the incident and decided to, after much consideration, quit this job and move on to another. I asked my boss if he could drive over to the site I was stationed at and confronted him on both the matter of me quitting and why he broke confidentiality because I was told by my dad that if I had to quit, to do so in person. Well things didn't go so well as he started to get upset and start yelling at me for not just calling him up and telling him before I got to work, but when the breach came up in conversation, he completely ignored me, continuously interrupted me after every attempt I made to CALMLY discuss it only to be met with a rolled up window in my face while he called other employees to take my place. I left that night and never went back.

I don't speak Legaleeze very well and I definitely don't want to get ahead of myself when it comes to Law but I have to ask: Should I sue?
>>
I didn't know if I should ask /biz/ about this or /adv/ [spoiler]or even /pol/[/spoiler] but I just went with my gut on this one so I'm sorry if I broke any rules I'm just a bit confused right now.
>>
Addendum: Didn't know spoilers don't work here. Whoops.
>>
>>17389630
the advice you get will be the same

grow a pair, move out, and forget about it

lets say you are dumb enough to sue your parents
your parents are within their legal rights to kick your shit out onto the curb and let you be homeless until you find a place

suck it up buttercup
>>
>>17389628
Your therapist should stick to therapy and not legal advice.

He may be subject to scrutiny in regards to confidentiality laws, but your employer isn't, especially so if your parents are listed as an emergency contact.

Source: law student
>>
>>17389639
Also, as a law student, I would suggest speaking to a lawyer in terms of your therapist giving you very bad legal insight, which inadvertingly led you to make a rash decision and lose your job.

That's the only person you may have a case against in this scenario. Anyone giving bad legal information can be sued based upon that information.
>>
>>17389637
Yeah, in hindsight, I guess this is the best option. I'll probably just put this whole thing behind me anyways while I focus on getting my own place. Thanks.

>>17389639
>>17389647
Well it's not like he flat out told me to quit my job. I've been considering this even before this whole debacle and he was just the second opinion I needed to make my own decision. That, and he's helped me get through alot in the past so I'd rather not get him into any legal trouble. He's a good guy. I appreciate the advice though.
>>
Well seeing as you did an 8 hour shift and it is listed on your schedule as that you had no need to answer the phone seeing as you are sleeping. He could legally get in more trouble for what he said on the phone as harassment especally if he was yelling. You shold of contacted the ministry of labour he would of been spooked then. Overall this situation a win for you can look for a job that will make you happier with less a dick boss. Karma has its ways.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.