[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have good reason to hate my parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
I was abused physically and verbally by my mother and dad since I was a little kid to the point where my school counselor called cps on my parents. I'm now 26 years old. My life has been full of hardships. I went through two rapes, one by a stranger, one by someone I knew. I got into a car accident one day as I was crossing the street after going to therapy due to the rapes and child abuse, basically therapy for my fucked up life. I now suffer from physical pain every day (nerve pain) and have been suffering for 3 1/2 years since that accident.

I hate my life. I have constant anxiety. I'm in pain. If I wasn't scared of the act of committing suicide, I'd be dead by now, too chicken shit to do it. Instead, I constantly think about how much I fucking hate my parents for selfishly bringing me into this shitty existence only to abuse me and my brother. He's in prison.

I never talk to my parents. Do I have the right to hate them and wish I was never born? Or is that childish thinking?
>>
>>17389595
You have the right to hate anyone, for whatever reason you want. Hating someone is easy to do, but takes continued effort. Forgiving someone isn't easy to do, but takes no continued effort.

Find out which option you want to take. Do you to continue allowing them in your head or do you want to move on?

But I digress, if you want to understand why you were treated as such, look at your parents' childhood. Were they mistreated? Were they products of bad environments? It's difficult to break such cycles, and although people would like to take the easy route and lay blame to one or two people, it's usually a lot more complicated than suggested on the surface.
>>
>>17389595
I have a very similar story, except I was raped by an ex-boyfriend who took advantage of my selective memory loss (trauma related) and he fact that i was terrified of losing my only friend and love.
>PER ARDUA AD ASTRA; through adversity to the stars.
There is talent in surviving adversity. I believe that great things lie ahead, and my courage is testament to that being a reality.
And, OP, I love you. I can say that because I have shared what you have gone through, and I know that I love you.
>>
>I never talk to my parents. Do I have the right to hate them and wish I was never born? Or is that childish thinking?

If your hate was impacting others, one could argue that you have an obligation to stop. But the kind of hate you're holding onto is your business, it's not hurting anyone but you.
You'll probably be happier if you find a way to move past it and live a good life despite your upbringing, but whether you do that and the method and speed by which you go about it is entirely for you to decide, and no one can tell you that you're obligated.
And moving past it doesn't mean you weren't wronged, it doesn't mean that you have to like the people who hurt you, it doesn't lessen what they did. But you can't make them make it up to you.

Everyone's journey is different. Giving yourself permission to feel this way despite how others might judge you might be an important step in yours - accepting and owning the fact that you were hurt, maybe that's a step towards finding strength and dealing with old wounds so you can leave it in the past.
Or maybe your important step is weening yourself off these feelings and climbing out of a spiral of cathartic negativity that keeps you unhappy, maybe you need to hold yourself more accountable for the opportunities you turn down to feel good.
Maybe you'd benefit from empathising with the people who hurt you to understand how it happened and how it wasn't your fault. Maybe you'd benefit from just saying "fuck them" and never devoting another moment of your thoughts to them.

No one can tell you how to be, no one can tell you what will work, no one can tell you you're doing it wrong. Only you know what it's like to live inside your head. Don't live for anyone else. When you live for others, you risk destroying yourself just to spite them. When you live for yourself, there's no logical goal other than finding peace.
>>
>>17389595

same life as you, abuse was much worse and by many more. Same symptoms, social anxiety is the worst.
>>
>>17389595
I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through all that. Certainly your reasons for hating your parents are as good as reasons get.

I still don't think it's a good idea. The problem with hate, justified or otherwise, is that it eats people. It keeps the pain fresh, ultimately drawing out the suffering of the one who hates far beyond the point when it might otherwise have begun to subside. It is clearly eating you too. Is it worth that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.