[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

27-29 year olds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 28yearsold.gif (538KB, 777x1070px) Image search: [Google]
28yearsold.gif
538KB, 777x1070px
I'm 28 and would like to hear from other 27-29 year olds what you're up to in your lives, if you work, what your job is, if you're married, if you have kids, what your interests are, how you spend your free time, what you're doing today and tonight.

I'm feeling strangely alienated and cut off from the world and need some kind of input from my peers to get a sense of my place in life right now. Thanks!
>>
28 years old
Bachelor's in economics from Harvard, MBA from Harvard Business School
Investment banker at Goldman Sachs, make $200k base plus bonuses (last year I made $500k total)
Not married, and no kids, but I have a fiancée
I don't have a lot of spare time (I have to do a lot of overtime and I'm expected to go out with my colleagues a lot), but I learn languages (I speak French and Hebrew and I'm learning Mandarin)
>>
>>17389121
Still live with parents. I have less than 10k in the bank. 1 year left before I finish my useless bachelor's in Linguistics. I might have a shoulder problem and it's been on my mind more than relationships and my financial situation.
>>
I've spent the past 3/4 years dragging myself from the NEET-dom of my parent's basement to starting my PhD at my field's top school, where I'm paid decently and have made a lot of friends. I have enough money to go traveling on breaks and I have fun though difficult work. Tonight I'm doing nothing, but most days this week I've had people to hang out with and have dinner, drink, whatever.

I haven't had a relationship in 6 years or so, and it was a shitty one, but I'm proud of having turned myself into an independent and far more confident human. That's where my life is. Currently on /adv/ because, like the autist I am at my core, when I started getting some positive signals from a cute woman I turned to the internet. Old habits die hard, but oh well.
>>
>>17389147
I can smell the nepotism all the way across the Atlantic.
>>
>>17389121

> other 27-29 year olds

26 here, turning 27 in autumn

> what you're up to in your lives

Badly struggling with mental health issues (social anxiety and depression, possibly awaiting Borderline Personality Disorder diagnosis), taking it a day at a time.

> if you work, what your job is

Sorta. I "say" I'm a freelance writer, but I haven't gotten gigs in months and I haven't looked because it's bad enough to get out of bed.

> if you're married, if you have kids

Long-term relationship (~8 years), no kids, live together but it's mostly platonic at this stage

> what your interests are

Lately I'm struggling to find things enjoyable. Before depression got bad: foreign cinema, literature, crochet, languages, (ancient) history, witchcraft/druidry, gardening, travel, fantasy 'stuff' (games, books, art), writing...

> how you spend your free time

Age of Empires, crying, browsing cat photos, occasional writing.

> what you're doing today and tonight

Today I was good and I completed a module of my online course, I watched a movie, and am now just trying to find something semi-social to do to staunch the feeling of isolation.

> I'm feeling strangely alienated and cut off from the world and need some kind of input from my peers to get a sense of my place in life right now.

I get you. I hope you don't have it that bad, and that maybe knowing there's someone like me out there helps you feel better about your own circumstances :)
>>
>>17389233
>and am now just trying to find something semi-social to do to staunch the feeling of isolation.

OP here. During the day time it's like I can sense the activity of the world around me and something about that makes me feel ok about just hanging around in my room on the computer and stuff. It's when the night time sets in and the world goes quiet outside that I get this weird isolated feeling, like everyone has stopped existing and I'm alone, or like nothing matters and none of my interests satisfy me enough to get out of that weird mood.

I don't really have any friends so I also feel like I have lost my place in life and don't fit in and I start to feel like the same age as my parents and their late 50s early 60s phase of life mood starts rubbing off on me and I feel like my life is almost over and there's nothing in the future even though realistically I could live another 60+ years.
>>
finished civil and power engineering... learned I absolutely fucking hate construction... spent the last 2 years working a shit job that paid very well hoping the money would buy me time to find out what my true passion in life is....... and so here i am bored out of my fucking mind money and material objects have lost there appeal to me completely and...... i am seriously considering joining the military
>>
>>17389348

> night time sets in and the world goes quiet outside that I get this weird isolated feeling, like everyone has stopped existing and I'm alone

> my parents and their late 50s early 60s phase of life mood starts rubbing off on me and I feel like my life is almost over and there's nothing in the future even though realistically I could live another 60+ years.

Yes, to both. My parents are over 65 now, basically I feel like I've got nothing left to do, too late to start "young people" thing, and too early for "old people" stuff. Real quarter-and-a-bit life crisis mode here.
>>
27 here. Got a degree in a field that turned out to be mostly useless. Now I'm a software tester, working on some of the most boring software imaginable. No kids, no relationship, no prospects. I spend my free time building models and wasting money on board games for people with more friends than I have. I used to be interested in anime and film, but I just never seem to watch anything any more. I have great stacks of unwatched DVDs beneath my coffee table just collecting dust. Depression is a helluva drug.

I'm feeling pretty alienated myself. There's no one I know that I can connect with. I don't really have much of a social life, and I don't have much in common with any of my coworkers. They're all at least 10 years older then me and are married with kids. When I go out to try and meet new people, I only ever find college-aged people in this stupid college town, never anyone close to my age. I often wonder if I should have moved away like all my friends did.
>>
>>17389772
have you read about the "saturn's return"? descriptions are vague but personally it seems like the only explanation. literally everyone i know had their life turned upside down by age 27. it's like it forces you to reassess how you've been living and to consider your future much more seriously.
>>
>>17389233
The similarity is uncanny. Minus the mental illness and relationship. And I've no degree.

Sorry about your BPD btw.
>>
I'm 28, I'll be 29 in less than a month, I live with my mother and I'm currently unemployed. I had great grades at high school, I managed to be in the 98% percentile on our national "S.A.T.", future seemed to be promising for me.

I got enrolled on one of the best universities in the country, I chose a good major also, but I failed miserably.

I'll probably graduate in the next months, I lost many years due to depression and alcoholism.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing in the next years, it's funny because I hate my major, I do know for sure that I'm not looking forward to have kids or get a steady job, sometimes I think I'm not well adjusted.
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (48KB, 149x177px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
48KB, 149x177px
>>17389147
yea
no
>>
>>17389121
28 turning 29 in September.

I live alone. Been in multiple relationships and still in one right now. Not really happy but I don't know where to go with my life.

I work as a software developer. Okay money, but totally sucks away alot of my energy and time.

Not married, never plan to. Same with kids.

Interests are mostly video games and film. But nowadays I spend most of my time in CS:GO.

Today I am going to work, then tonight, I am going home from work, eat dinner, look at cats on 4chan and facebook, then try to fall asleep while I rethink my life while on the bed.
>>
>>17389121
>30
>live alone, have dog
>self employed
>not rich, but not struggling
>no longer trust women due to numerous experiences, so no wife any time soon. happily child free. get laid when i need to, but thats about it. its not really doing it for me anymore, i would really like to have a compatible partner but that shit is tough to find for me for reasons
>tfw above is my only complaint about life right now
>interests:music, vidya, aquaria, horticulture, a little mtg, outdoorsy shit from time to time, cheesecake
>free time: see above, also visiting friends from time to time
>today: work related activities, dinner with sibling, shitposting
>tomorrow: taking doggo to vet, hopefully have time to fuck with new musical toys

inb4 everyone asks what i do. not telling. for reasons.

dont worry about what everyone else is doing, anon. you must focus on yourself to get a sense of your place or whatever. regardless of how good or bad you think youre doing, there will always be someone doing better, and someone doing worse.
>>
File: 13557934.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
13557934.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
26. Turning 27 on december.

Been doing on and off part time jobs for 3 years now? I think? Been trying to finish my degree on Graphic Design though it's mostly useless at this point. Been trying to learn Angular javascript and finish some HTML5 and CSS3 though I grasp the basics and shit

I can't land a job on it because it's oversaturated and I'm nothing special, pretty sure my portfolio is nothing great. So I just take jobs that don't consume THAT much time and make some money out of it.

But mostly I'm a terrible human being; My best friend cut me out of his life some 3 years ago, ironically. I don't go out, I don't think I've been with friends in the last year or so.

My father is a great guy and he's mostly the reason why I'm still alive, both financially and mentally. But other than that I'm pretty lost: I'm mostly a failure on everything I try and it's taken a toll mentally because my father was pretty succesful at my age and even still he's not a dick which makes it ten times worse because I can't be mad at him. Obviously I'm a virgin and whatnot.

So I cope playing videogames, about two hours a day at this point. I swear I get up thinking "I'll try to be a good human being today" but at some point I remember everything and crack mentally and give in.
>>
File: 1468756013074.jpg (357KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1468756013074.jpg
357KB, 1280x854px
29 getting my Wizard status in 3 months

>what you're up to in your lives
Just finished my Master's and looking for a job.

> if you work, what your job is
I had a job as a ESL teacher but I quit to focus on studying

>what your interests are
Nothing much really

>how you spend your free time
Video games

>what you're doing today and tonight.
Helping around the house (fuck you, I live with my parents)

Why does it seem to be wrong if you still live at Parent's home but help stuff like paying the bills or groceries? And in some occasion give them money? especially if they are retired.
>>
File: 800x400-minteesmockup-ht-crow.jpg (235KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
800x400-minteesmockup-ht-crow.jpg
235KB, 800x400px
>>17390317
Currently it's becoming much more acceptable. It was a cultural stigma something 40 years ago but I don't think it's so badly seen today to be honest m8t.

Don't know. I think it's really logical if you don't have a partner and don't wanna be with someone else. I mean, you leave your house if yo don't wanna live with the people that live in that house right, but if it's cool it shoudln't be an issue? That's my view at least.

I lived on and off alone, with people and my parent on the last 4 years if it's any useful information.
>>
File: 1468809091108.jpg (148KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1468809091108.jpg
148KB, 500x611px
30 married, working full time as a patrol dude for security company, college grad, crap degree. too hot cali, cold bath taken, waiting for League of legends to boot up
>>
>>17389863

Thank you, brother. Tbh, at this stage I just want it laid out so I can work out how to get better. This "lol let's try this drug" antidepressant lottery isn't doing me any favours.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.