[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you use 4chan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Mr. Kang.jpg (2KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Kang.jpg
2KB, 135x90px
A lot of you ask each other for advice. You don't know if the other 4chaners are spitting out lies or complete bullshitting. The funny thing is that some of you use the advice that wasn't trying to be actual advice and it works. Do you guys respect each other on 4chan because of the way you guys think a like? With your usage of 4chan, have you been relativity happy or depressed with it's usage over time
>>
>>17388986
Because:
It's fun
People are more upfront
It's funny a lot of the times
It can be extremely useful
It has improved my life
It showed me how different people can be, yet still very similar
I learn things even when i never asked for it
That's all i can think right now
>>
>>17388986
in general its out of habit, but it depends board by board
/sp/ and /int/ are the main boards I go on, /sp/ is for sports discussion that is very enjoyable, /int/ is because its entertaining to me
I browse /pol/ because I find the retarded opinions funny and also they sometimes have good links to shit (for example I checked earlier today and they had good links to the leaked DNC emails)
I occasionally go on /his/ exclusively to Stirner shitpost.
I browse /k/ because I'm getting into guns.
I occasionally go on /adv/ because I enjoy attempting to help people.

My usage of 4chan has negatively affected my personality, before I was 100% normal with an introverted lean but now I am pretty introverted. I also for a period found pretty sick jokes like 9/11 and holocaust jokes to be funny. I still have an average social life and a girlfriend but I am noticeably more introverted.
>>
I think it's an addiction, I'm not sure.
This site has helped me out a few times but mostly I just waste time here.

I always go onto /adv/ before bed, because that's when I realize that another day has just passed by and that soon I'll be dead. I think I do it to see the struggle of strangers, so that for a moment I don't feel all alone. It's just a evil cycle really, a bad habit.
>>
I'm trapped here. I've been posting since I was 14 and I'm 22 here. This website ruined me. I'm not a self-hating /r9k/ drone anymore, but it's a huge time sink.
>>
as i read this i kinda forget i'm an active participant because i barely post and mainly lurk but i enjoy the chaotic banter and the informative (no bullshit) discussion that happens here. it's a more accurate picture of humans.
>>
>>17388986

It is really out of habit at this point. In 2008 it was fun. It felt like my brain was melting being here, but in the way that I'd laugh at really stupid stuff. It really was because it was LEL so TOTALLY RANDOM!!!1.

Then for a while it was because I had no friends and it was the only place where I could talk to people beside omegle.

Then it was a distraction during a really tough time in my life.

Now its out of habit. I don't like Facebook because I have nothing to say on there. I do like instagram and snapchat because I'd rather share pictures of the things I do than have pointless debates. And Tumblr and Youtube are the other two websites I use mostly. But really I just come here out of habit, scroll through the front page and then go back to tumblr. I rarely post and when I do it is usually in a thread on /o/

All in all with the exception adv and o I think it is a very negative place.
>>
>>17388986
>why I use 4chan
its a simple but complicated answer. When you talk to a person with a label that's connected to their profile, after sometime you create some sort of entity in your mind of that person. It isnt the actual person, and afterwhile you can actually guess what they will say. Because of this I've actually had to quit internet chat rooms. On this website however you cannot really guess how others will remark. Most of the time, on the right boards, you'll be told the truth and that blunt honesty is what most people lack in todays society of political correctness.
>>
I just come on /adv/ during summer breaks and try to give honest/good advice when I can. I don't mind knowing that the majority will never use the advice, but it helps knowing I tried.

This will be my final summer on /adv/, after I graduate I'll others in a different way. One I slowed down volunteering, /adv/ kind of helped with the feels when all I had was internships.

So yeah, that I guess.
>>
>>17389052
>This will be my final summer on /adv/, after I graduate I'll others in a different way. One I slowed down volunteering, /adv/ kind of helped with the feels when all I had was internships.
I didn't understand anything.
>>
For the lols.
>>
This board, /ic/, /3/, and /gd/ can be brutally honest and that's what a good artist needs to turn into a great artist.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.