[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any doctors or dentists here that can help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Human_jawbone_left.jpg (216KB, 1600x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Human_jawbone_left.jpg
216KB, 1600x1043px
whenever i open my jaw past a certain point its left joint hurts and makes a popping sound. i tried fixing it by pushing my jaw more in both directions but i only made it worse and now my right joint clicks when i fully open my mouth. help pls, i'm scared. i don't want to fuck up my beautiful jaw
>>
>>17388912
Temporomandibular Joint

See a doctor. It may require surgery. For the most part, it may not. Sometimes it can be resolved by being concious of it and stop opening your wide wide, and chewing slowly.

In any case, seek a doctor for an x-ray because it's usually temporary, until it's not.
>>
>>17388921
so if i don't get this resolved soon it will be permanent?
>>
>>17388912
Buddy, your penchant for sucking big cocks is catching up to you.
>>
>>17388924
It could perm. now, you just never know until it is looked at properly. I had it myself recently, and it was extremely painful (after a car wreck), but it went away over time with patience.

If your situation is painful, seek a doctor. If it's not, seek a doctor. If it's just "cracking" with no pain, there may be an underlying cause and you should take care of it either way, you don't want to be 65 with mouth pains.
>>
>>17388934
it only started a day ago and the pain is mild. what are the chances of it being permanent?
>>
>>17388912
TMJ
It tends to be hereditary and can either be short term or chronic, usually fine but if it bothers you that much you can get a mouth guard or surgery.
I have it and it was painful at first but now it doesn't hurt but still pops.
Wouldn't fuck up jaw gains on its own, unless you become a mouth breather because of it. You could be doing things to cause it, such as grinding your teeth in your sleep or using chewing gum.
>>
>>17388940
When I say it tends to be hereditary I mean long-term TMJ, rather than short-term bouts of it. Have had it non-stop since I was 14, the whole female side of my family have it.
If you've had it less than a day then it's probably nothing, give it a week or two and then get it checked out if it bothers you like.
>>
>>17388938
I don't know, I'm not a statistics guy. But you could've slept on it wrong, bit down on something too hard causing it to dislocate and reset (which typically just takes time to fully heal), or any number of things.

If you are worried, ask a doctor. If you don't want to do that now, wait a few weeks while being cautious with the foods you eat and try to prevent yourself from opening your mouth too wide.

If it pain happens frequently now and it doesnt happen less frequently, see a doctor at that point.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.