[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I just broke up with my third gf because I'm reasonably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1455129920124.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1455129920124.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
Well, I just broke up with my third gf because I'm reasonably sure I have avoidant personality disorder. The reason I've begun to feel certainty in this is as outlined (for maximum tl;dr):

- I was 24 before I had my first official relationship, which I abandoned after a year and a half because I started feeling an irresistible need to separate and to be alone. I didn't know how to interpret these feelings, so I set out to experiment with myself intimately.

- The following relationship occurred when I was 27. It was with a girl much younger than I, whom I left because I felt we had incommensurable differences intellectually and emotionally. The underlying reason was that I felt that same alienated disconnect gnawing at me.

- I'm 28 now, and this girl is absolutely wonderful, but again I felt that intellectual distantiation separating us, and it resulted in that insurmountable feeling of alienation and wanting to detach.

This fucking sucks. This one in particular is hurting me like hell because I hurt her with my detachment. She was nothing but kind and loving to me. Even though we had certain differences that were significant to me, shouldn't I be able to look past them to appreciate someone that loves me? Is that what a relationship is? I'm starting to fear that, entering my 30s soon, I'll set off for a life of perpetual solitude. I work well in isolation, I'm an insular person and have cultivated a life of solitude, but I do feel that raging intensity for love sometimes, and it leaves me with the same violence it arrived with. Not sure how to go about things from here on. Should I ask her to wait? I explained myself to her very clearly and she seemed to understand to the best of her ability, and I know it's unfair to keep someone at the end of a wick when there's so much uncertainty at hand.
>>
>>17388614
You sound like a twat.
>>
>>17388618
I'm aware. Advice would be appreciated. Bid for suicide as well.
>>
Call her, apologize. Never do it again.
Done. (Btw get counseling)
>>
>>17388614

>I'm reasonably sure I have avoidant personality disorder

Seek therapy from a trained professional. You're not a doctor, so stop diagnosing yourself.

I don't know what your issue is but I can tell you you won't find the answer by coming to 4chan or by acting as your own psychiatrist.
>>
>>17388702
>>17388691
That's all fine and well but this is something that's been with me for as long as I've been relating to other people. I don't even see my friends more than maybe once, twice a week because of it. I also don't have health insurance so no counseling for me.
>>
>>17388710

>That's all fine and well but this is something that's been with me for as long as I've been relating to other people.

I'm not sure what the duration of your issue has to do with what you need to do to fix it.

>I also don't have health insurance so no counseling for me.

There are a lot of free counseling programs offered through colleges and such.

Just because the answer isn't as easy doesn't mean it isn't worth pursuing. You have a problem and there are mental health professionals out there who have trained for years to help you with your exact problem.

The choice is yours. Find a way to get help or struggle with this issue for the rest of your life.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.