[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to end obsessive behaviors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

So I have a problem where I'll tend to get kind of obsessive about a certain girl at a time. Realistically, it's nothing more severe than "social media stalking," but I'm getting worried about what it's doing to me.

Right now it's with that model with the heterochromia that people have been sharing a lot in the past year. I found out about her last October, and ever since, not a day goes by where I don't check her instagram, twitter, and tumblr pages multiple times a day. That's obviously not fucking healthy, and made considerably worse by the fact that I'll never meet this person, let alone communicate with her in any fashion, and any girl I come across I instantly find myself comparing them to her.

Now it's not totally bad. I have used her as motivation to hit the gym when I'm feeling less than energetic about going, and both her and gym have helped me clean up my diet some too (thinking about her judging me for eating disgusting fast food as stopped me from popping into mcdonalds a number of times). But that's still no justification for her constantly being on my mind.

I've been working to try and disillusion myself about her (i.e. how the eye colors are faked, how calculated her personal social media tends to be, etc.) in order to break the thought patterns, but that hasn't been too effective. I was wondering if anyone else had some advice on what to do outside of seeking professional help
>>
File: 1466644721766.jpg (69KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466644721766.jpg
69KB, 750x750px
Am I on my own on this one?
>>
>>17388709
I never stalk people who will never know me. Focus more on women you know, that's more healthy and should divert the obsession and dilute it into multiple girls.
>>
File: 1456734559192.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456734559192.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>17388222

>I was wondering if anyone else had some advice on what to do outside of seeking professional help

No. There is no home remedy for obsessive disorders. Seek professional help or continue to watch your life deteriorate. Those are your choices.
>>
File: 470668114.jpg (58KB, 684x513px) Image search: [Google]
470668114.jpg
58KB, 684x513px
>>17388721
>Focus more on women you know
I don't know any

>>17388723
I can't afford to get professional help, though. And free help is at least 2 months away
>>
Desperate bump
>>
>>17388222
Not here to give advice, but I had a weird similar celebrity obsession, too. Idk what the fuck it was because I am honestly 100% normal outside of whatever weirdness that was and I felt like a stalker.
>>
>>17389306
What actually ended my obsession was the person reminded me of my cat and then that cat died suddenly of like stage 4 cat cancer, and then all of a sudden, I didn't give a fuck about this person anymore. All of it was pretty weird.
>>
>>17389342
I mean I wouldn't call myself normal, but this shit is too much for my taste, and the compulsion is unnerving.

>>17389385
Sounds weird. Good on you for being able to break that though.
>>
Gurl wears lens. Go outside and stop being a stupid fuck.
>>
>>17389446
Yeah. It's bizarre, not just you, but me, but I understand you 100%. Like it was weird to me, I had never been interested in anyone like that ever. Like other people don't really interest me, but this dude did. Just remember this shit is all in your head, and just avoid meeting her. Then you actually become a stalker and not just a social media stalker.
>>
>>17389463
I know. I've done a fair amount of research to try and convince myself to stay away from her. And I'm living a fairly regular life otherwise. It's just this shit that's been coming up despite my trying to end it.

>>17389488
I can't meet her. She lives on the exact opposite side of the country from me and I'm incapable of moving anywhere near that way for a few years.

There's still a girl I'm interested in that's actually around me, but it's just a crush with her that I'm not too concerned about. Though it was interesting that I showed the model to a friend of mine who knows about the crush, and the friend pointed out some similarities between the two that I didn't really pay much mind to before.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.